What Are You Working On?

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
Heres the design of my first H2a map!

Had to start off planning with no sprint in mind for the first time in a long while. Also, really want to get into the Esport mindset since we finally have a competitive halo game again!!!

Reactions: -Orzium-

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Heres the design of my first H2a map!

Had to start off planning with no sprint in mind for the first time in a long while. Also, really want to get into the Esport mindset since we finally have a competitive halo game again!!!
This really reminds me of AceOfSpades's Premise from Reach,but on a larger 4v4 scale. Should make for a solid map. Any plans to take advantage of some of the new forge items available in H2A for this build?

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
Looking forward to seeing it!

And to Duck. YES! Heavily inspired by that and citadel. The idea of what I am trying to make a more segregated forged MLG style map. One thing I liked from AOS's map was the connectivity of the rooms. And how you could access the central bridge from the segregated center atrium. Originally the ramps weren't in the middle room (which was an after thought). Only the jump up, more similar to amplified. I had a citadel style back hall that was replicated but rounded that I ended up removing it due to too much connectivity and segregation. So most of the direct influences from the other maps ended up getting removed or changed beyond recognition.

Here are some pictures of my concept.

I changed the lift to be inside of the bottom part there so it took a little longer to get to it from the middle and was in cover a little more from the bases. Which you can see the correction in the next picture.

Lift is in the back. Also, railings are on the outside here rather than a full wall to cause you to aim out grenade banks more precisely.

You're unable to jump to the window from the railing on the ramp here but you will be able to toss a flag up to a teammate while running the flag. Crouch jump onto and off the bridges to access top mid. Edge ghost/juggle added to the alcove behind the ramp.

Shotgun spawn. Quite useless spot but when you get it out to defend your flag it will become useful for people traveling the lift.

Any thoughts of concerns that I may need to address or at least provide my reasoning for?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yeti

BlazeDillon

Proficient
Jan 25, 2013
Dispute is an epic name for a competitive map :eek:
My mouth is dribbling
I really like it too! Thanks.

Gotta new pre-plan in progress!

It's obviously unfinished but is completely mirror symmetrical. In the process of building a rough prototype of this one as well.

And some changes to the last one...

The change made to the main base, the outer balcony however was an option I was exploring and decided I want play movement to slightly be pushed toward the center to avoid slow pacing.

I use tracing paper to layer over my blueprints so that I can mess with options without having to erase a multitude of times. :) Could be a helpful tool to you guys as well.

-Orzium-

Distinguished
jtjyuu_zpsc115ad13.png

Just a Test​

Reactions: wizton

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Haha :p Philip is a really big Dust2 fan. It's a good map but it does get overplayed in my opinion.

Fraw Lawk What gametypes are you planning to use Dust 2 for? Not slayer, I hope?

Fraw Lawk

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
Haha :p Philip is a really big Dust2 fan. It's a good map but it does get overplayed in my opinion.

Fraw Lawk What gametypes are you planning to use Dust 2 for? Not slayer, I hope?
Thinking of One Bomb Assault with having its game-type somewhat similar to CS. Currently almost halfway done, I will add some details and pics in the future. I would like to see if someone could make it better than me, co forge, who knows. Cause' I really want to play Dust2 right now! :]

EDIT: It maybe not be up to scale but pretty close enough.