Lobby Recap Weekly Wednesday Wustoms #02 Recap

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
WWW02Recap_zps80abe46e.png
Wustoms went well as always. In fact, it went even better because we had more people, more games, and obviously more fun. (And people talked this time no less!) If you'd like to sign up for this week's upcoming installment, especially after looking through this recap, sign up here.​
Mandingotaur on Lair of the Minitaur (TEETMARE and SargeantSarcasm)
Mandingotaur is an offshoot of the Peasant Hunt/Lost Chamber (Minotaur) game I made in Halo 3, except this one is way better and part brainchild of Titmar. It hasn't been released yet as the map is still being worked on, so a single image or two will have to suffice for now.

WWW02 01 - Lair of the Minitaur 01.png
Rawritaur.
WWW02 01 - Lair of the Minitaur 02.png
You're in serious need of a size adjustment.
Hot Potato on Hot Potato v2 (Hurry Dashboard)
Hot Potato was of course, played last week, and will likely be played in every Wustoms party from here on out. However, one thing I did learn was the carry timer is in fact, completely random. Like the famous heads, heads, heads coin-flip scene in this amazing movie, I somehow lucked out and could constantly hold the ball until I got six points, then instantly pronounced death upon whomever I threw it to. Unfortunately, my streak ended that night, and I even lost the various games as a result of blowing up round after round.

Does that affect my love of the game? Does it make the game imbalanced? Absolutely not.
WWW02 02 - Hot Potato v2 02.png
This looks cool, except...
WWW02 02 - Hot Potato v2 03.png
Chuck had just gotten the ball and ALWAYS throws it right back. He's a puss.
WWW02 02 - Hot Potato v2 04.png
Being the man I am, I went boom.
Why Are We Here? on I Don't Know! (XxXJJ70071XxX)
A member of my party wanted to play a game he'd made. It's still being tweaked, so like my map, only images of chuck versus me will be shown.
WWW02 03 - I Dont Know 01.png
Why look at Chuck there spawn-killing me.
WWW02 03 - I Dont Know 02.png
Oh that's why. Because I was winning, by being honorable. (No spawnkilling is my motto).
Smashy Chase v4 on Valley of Pleasure v4 (TEETMARE)
Chuck sucks at this game. I'm amazing at it. Other than that, it's a flood game wherein the zombies have grav hammers and extra speed, and the humans are relegated to vehicles. The zombies need to chase and smash the humans out of their vehicles (or off the map) in order to add them to their ranks. Titmar, the creator, is straightforward like that.
WWW02 04 - Valley of Pleasure v4 01.png
Witness my driving and photocapture prowess.
WWW02 04 - Valley of Pleasure v4 02.png
Yes they die. Yes he dies later too.
WWW02 04 - Valley of Pleasure v4 03.png
I don't think a caption is necessary, aside from "there is a cliff directly to the right."
Have some videos.​

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Shields Up! on SAW: The Arena (Oakley HiDef, A J Yusi)

This game is fun, but I think the game type needs some work. A team of quick hard light-shielders need to outfox slow SAW-wielders. While fun, especially given strategy adds an extra layer to the game, the issue stems from the hard-light team being able to punch and immediately hardlight in a way that is eerily reminiscent of Armor Lockers in Halo Reach. It's scurry. But it's fun.

WWW02 05 - SAW The Arena 01.png
I kept humming the Jaws theme.
WWW02 05 - SAW The Arena 02.png
HIS ANUS IS BLEEDING.
WWW02 05 - SAW The Arena 03.png
The last unicorn.
WWW02 05 - SAW The Arena 04.png
The reds lose this encounter by the way.
WWW02 05 - SAW The Arena 05.png
As you can see.
Fight Club on Corner House on E 55th & Claire (corduroyCHUCK and CaMOfo)
Fight Club was described as "a game made for you, you can do whatever you want because you're the ref, you can shoot anyone for any reason." And so I did. As you can see below here in a picture of what happens whenever someone I supported lost. But, that map is also unreleased, so the picture is all you get. Also, Wakko is a horrible fighter, don't ever bet on him. He has hands like flower petals.
WWW02 06 - Corner House on E 55th & Claire 02.png
The Chuck defense in Fight Club.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
TC_Bounty on The Creed: Downtown (GryffinGuy007)

TC Bounty was pretty cool, especially when I was being super pro with my damage boost "whoring" as Chuck would put it. I can never win at this for some reason (I think it has to do with the scoring being a little wonky) but it's still fun to play and watch. Also, after nearly three-fourths of the match was spent trying to get everyone up a certain building, we took this atrocity.
WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 01.png
The King decrees.
WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 03.png
I beckon thee to my tower.
WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 04.png
NO ROOM FOR CHUCK.
WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 06.png
As you can see I had to grant Wakko a royal boost because he couldn't use the stupid ramp.
WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 07.png
The meeting of Kings asshatsassins
WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 08.png
NO ROOM FOR WAKKO.
WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 10.png
I tried to get everyone to partner up so we could take an awesome sword slash picture in mid-air. Somehow it didn't occur to me that my partner was facing someone else.
WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 11.png
There's always one.
WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 12.png
So uncoordinated. There I am alone at the bottom, with nobody to slash. Do I regret killing Chuck, loser of loins, or Wakko the woman-man? Never.

Attachments

• WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 11.png
    WWW02 07 - The Creed Downtown 11.png
    546.3 KB · Views: 232

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Paintball on Snicklefritz (corduroyCHUCK)

A while ago, Chuck and I brainstormed bringing Paintball back and making it awesome. A few days later he messages me saying he's almost done building the map (without me) and had taken my "woo yeah here are my ideas" as me just... giving him ideas. Well, here's his non-amazing Paintball map that looks like a community map from Reach.

Poor guy, the one I made in revenge is way better.

WWW02 08 - Snicklefritz 01.png
Deader than a plasma shot.
WWW02 08 - Snicklefritz 02.png
Deader than a deadite.
WWW02 08 - Snicklefritz 03.png
Dead.
GIF of the Week:
hqp8.gif

Reactions: Titmar

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
It's okay...just kill Wakko..in Fight Club..in Assassin's Creed..blame him for being in the way..blame him for having flower petal hands. WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?