Halo Was Valhalla a bad map to put in halo 4

Should Ragnarok have been put in Halo 4

• Total voters

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
They needed a bigger map, to compensate for Halo 4's auto-sprint. Valhalla feels too small now because I can sprint across.

Containment would have been a better option.

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
They needed a bigger map, to compensate for Halo 4's auto-sprint. Valhalla feels too small now because I can sprint across.

Containment would have been a better option.
It still takes a while and then people just start getting head cases with a dmr. Also the big left rock when facing the beach from the cliff side has really weird kill boundaries.

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Well also, the DMR on the center hill has really killed the normal Valhalla gameplay. In H3 the hill wasn't the be all and end all, whereas in Ragnarok, the hill gains so much more power as a position. A team that holds it can really stomp on any team.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
Well also, the DMR on the center hill has really killed the normal Valhalla gameplay. In H3 the hill wasn't the be all and end all, whereas in Ragnarok, the hill gains so much more power as a position. A team that holds it can really stomp on any team.
Nevermind the fact of the warthog being weak as shit (2 plasma grenades!) so there goes a rush counter attack...

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I'm not noticing anything with the laser. One thing that could cause one to miss more however is the fact that you twitch when shot now, which was added with Halo 4. I don't think the laser is any less accurate, but you may fire it less accurately while being peppered with DMR fire.

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
I'm not noticing anything with the laser. One thing that could cause one to miss more however is the fact that you twitch when shot now, which was added with Halo 4. I don't think the laser is any less accurate, but you may fire it less accurately while being peppered with DMR fire.

It's definitely the twitch. I keep moving at the last second.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
So to all the people who enjoy Ragnarok in MM, I have a few questions:

1. Do you not, in a decent number of games, get shut down and forced to sit at your base and get killed from top mid when you try to move up all game? This is what happens to me most of the time, and neither mantis nor sniper nor banshee can do anything about it usually.

2. When you are having fun, are you not doing the same thing to the other team for the most part? Once again, the few good games I've had were because our team held top mid, and the other team got shut down. Rarely was it somewhere in between these two situations.

I can only assume right now that people who like Ragnarok A.) Have had different experiences than me and somehow the same shit just happens to me every single time I play, or B.) don't mind getting completely shut down from top mid for 12 minutes, getting few kills themselves and being unable to do anything but sit back and try to snipe someone.

Indie Anthias

Master
Jan 14, 2013
Nope and nope. That rarely describes my experience on Ragnarok. I'm not much of a team player, which may explain the difference.