News User Group Tagging

Which usergroup do you see yourself tagging the most?

• Total voters
OfficialNews.jpg

Staff Tagging
Have you ever wanted to tag a whole usergroup, instead of just one person? If I wanted to get the attention of one particular member, such as Dax, I simply type his name, preceded by the @ character ("@ Dax", without the space). But what happens if I want to get the attention of the Staff? If I need their help with moderation, or if I simply want their opinion on my suggestions for the site, how can I tag them all at once?

Well I did some snooping around the attic, and found a cool little tick box called "Is Taggable" for usergroups. That means if I check that box, we'll all be able to tag the usergroup. Usergroups are groups of users such as Staff, Administrators, Gold Hosts, Review Crew Members, etc. These are usually things you have to earn - most members are simply known as "Registered".

Here are the currently taggable groups.
  • Administrator
  • Staff
  • Review Crew Member
Additionally, we will be adding user groups for the Sponsored Groups. Currently, this includes:
  • BIOC
  • POSL
Post any other usergroups you want made taggable in the comments below!

So as of now, I have made it possible for all members to tag some popular usergroups, for relevant situations. Want to get the Review Crew's attention? Tag them. Is an old thread no longer working, and it want a member of staff to delete or lock it for you? Tag them! It's as simple as that. Just type the @ symbol, just like for regular tagging, followed by the Usergroup's name.

I would just like to say that if this feature is abused, or doesn't work out for whatever reason, we're more than happy to set things back to how they were. As always, HaloCustoms is evolving for the better, so in these early stages this feature will very much be in its Beta.

Happy tagging!

Reactions: DirtyyJuicebox
This is a great idea! As a member of the Review Crew, people could now submit their maps to us much more easily through this system by just adding the Review Crew tag :)

I like @Gold Hosts. Because then I feel as if am important being part of a group. :D
The Gold Hosts tag would be very helpful for Gold Hosts vs Community if it ever happens again.

I like @Gold Hosts. Because then I feel as if am important being part of a group. :D
The Gold Hosts tag would be very helpful for Gold Hosts vs Community if it ever happens again.

I really don't see this one being a thing... And the one use you described above is the only time I ever see this being practical.

These tags are meant to be tools that the community can put to use. What point is there to notify all of the Gold Hosts?

It's kinda obvious that not every special-interest group will have rights to their own group tagging. What about the Sponsored Groups? They have already proven their worth, and it would help them with operations.

EDIT: The tag would be used for staff that would be available to assist, not every group member.

If we have sponsored groups submit members who are prepared to be tagged, that would be fine. I'll post in each Sponsored Group's thread, requesting such members. Then we'll see what we can do :) Good idea guys!

Edit: I'll edit new Sponsored Groups into the OP.