Halo Underpowered Armor Abilities

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
The thruster is situational, and with the maps set up the way they are, it's not good in the environment. It's also hard to navigate properly for optimal positioning.

Maybe it's just a preference, but I like using this AA with the Suppressor. When you either need to get away or close the gap fast it does help at the expense of some lost time shooting. I've even blitzed a guy trying to hop and bash me by Thrusting under his feet.

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
promethian vision is not all that OP because you can't see through walls at a large distance; you still need a keen eye to notice people through walls, they aren't extremely noticeable; if someone uses it, they show up on radar, even if they aren't moving, they put out a pulse on the radar, and you can here it; it also is not a noob AA, noobs use things like jetpacks, hard lights, and AC because they need something that provides a tangible difference in gameplay, to use PV you need to be patient and experienced, a noob will try to use it open combat, that won't help him. PV is not a cheap AA, it won't boost stats, it gives awareness which is more important to experienced players.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
Yes, and that's exactly the kind of thing that noobs use. I am not saying that using it makes you a noob, but I am saying that it is the kind of thing that noobs use. Like armor lock in Reach.
But you're essentially calling me a noob because I use the Hardlight Shield.

So you are telling me that somebody who uses a tool that helps them play better and give them a higher chance of winning is a noob?

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
In my opinion, i believe that thruster pack is the best or 2nd best armor ability in halo 4. The problem is that everybody thinks that its evade. Thruster pack is meant to help you dodge grenades, back out of a fight, and push you back onto the map if you have jumped off. The other armor abilities like autosentry and hologram are underpowered because they would honestly mess up the game if they were more powerful. Think about it, 3 guys with an autosentry bust their sentry's out and the sentries kill you. All the armor abilities except hardlight shield (not because its bad, because its underpowered since 343 did not want people to complain about a, "new armor lock" which is totally reasonable.are fine in this game. I do not think that active camo should be any more powerful than it is, its already a piss off of an AA.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
But you're essentially calling me a noob because I use the Hardlight Shield.

So you are telling me that somebody who uses a tool that helps them play better and give them a higher chance of winning is a noob?
I gotta back you on this one, noobs use all AA's to see which one they like the best, not any specific AA. I've actually yet to buy the PV because I just don't like it and it doesn't fit my play style(blitzkrieg/flank).

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I gotta back you on this one, noobs use all AA's to see which one they like the best, not any specific AA. I've actually yet to buy the PV because I just don't like it and it doesn't fit my play style(blitzkrieg/flank).
I have your exact same style of play, and I feel almost blind without PV. PV is not going to increace your in game stats (speed, damage, health, etc.), it relies on the player to turn it into an advantage. That is why I do not think that it is cheap. Besides, people are always complaining about how OP active camo is, and PV was put in the game to combat camo spammers.

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
But a noob looks for a tangible advantage in game, like a few seconds of invincibility or an extra gun or invisibility or something. But if you read my post, it said specifically "I am NOT saying that using it makes you a noob,".

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
I hid under a bridge in exile by crouching waited for a tank to roll over then I popped out turned on active camo and chucked plasmas on him while the rest of my team attacked from the front. I pwnd the guy

Crouch is op