Halo Underpowered Armor Abilities

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Hmm, I guess I could see that. Maybe vehicles can't kill a shielded player, but instead just pushes them back a little to compensate. I mean, even though it is a shield, I'm pretty sure it shouldn't make you invincible to an alien fast reconnaissance vehicle, so maybe the shield could block the damage, but you still get pushed back by the vehicle.
That is exactly what I am talking about, not a sudden stop, but maybe with 2 players you could bring it to a gradual stop.

MLPLiam

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
UK
That is exactly what I am talking about, not a sudden stop, but maybe with 2 players you could bring it to a gradual stop.
Ah, I see. That could work. It shouldn't upset the balance of the game, or the pace...Yeah, I can definitely see that working. Still, it doesn't really apply to me, since I hardly ever use vehicles and I never use the Hardlight shield. I always use either Thruster pack or Regen field. Occasionally I'll switch out to Jetpack, but not that often.

NextLotus

Novice
Jan 14, 2013
I haven't seen tests on the Regen field yet, but from experience I gather that the strength of headshot damage makes it just as worthless as in Reach. I'd also like to see a Breaking Halo 4 comparing the effectiveness of the Regen Field armor ability to the Explosives upgrade in their recovery from/resistance to grenades.

Thruster pack is absolutely undervalued. Plenty of evidence out there showing tips and tricks for it.
Camo is debatable all day long.

The Autosentry is most helpful in objective games I agree. Still underpowered. If it showed on radar as a red player dot, that would be overpowered (and give a similar advantage as given by Hologram on radar). I think the best improvement would be to up its damage, and decrease its defense. At the same time, you'd have to make sure the power of the sentry and the player's loadout weapon would be strong, but still less than Damage Boost.

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
The auto sentry is powered down from it's campaign equivalent for obvious reasons, however a little extra damage would be nice. The thruster pack I feel is very underpowered, people say it's useful, but very few have actually used it others then on flood (where there altered gravity applies and they go further) you move less then a meter, I've found that's not enough to save you from splatters or a grenade's radius...

reeper 898

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
first of all the thrust pack is a very useful tool, in redgicide, for 2 examples
  1. throw a sticky to a guy close up then use the thruster pack to get the hell out of there, very fast.
  2. a forerunner grenade comes up right under your nose, use the thruster pack to get the hell out of there.
trey these tricks out with thruster pack and tell me its useless

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
first of all the thrust pack is a very useful tool, in redgicide, for 2 examples
  1. throw a sticky to a guy close up then use the thruster pack to get the hell out of there, very fast.
  2. a forerunner grenade comes up right under your nose, use the thruster pack to get the hell out of there.
trey these tricks out with thruster pack and tell me its useless

I stick people at close range all the time, and that's never a problem. Also pulse grenades barely have enough to kill anybody, and there is a grenade warning that lets you know which way to go to get away in time, plus the polse grenade's radius is so small that it isn't that hard to get away.

reeper 898

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
how are you going to pay attention to that stuff when your surrounded by 5 players
very unlikely that you would notice

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I got the game on launch day, I hane not encountered that problem in the 600 or so matches that I have played ( mostly BTB ). I noticed, another alternative is use either the default sprint, or jump out of the way.

Vinceagashi

Qualified
Jan 14, 2013
If the Thruster pack just covered a little more distance, or you could use it twice in a row, it would be fine. As it stands, when compared to the speed you move while sprinting, and the burst of speed the thruster pack gives plus the slowdown time after bursting, you move at the same speed. Has anyone noticed that the Chief uses armor abilities exceptionally better than the spartan IV's? Well if you could cover the same distance as the chief with the thruster pack then it would be more useful.

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
IVE had it sence it came out as well but like

and I said regicide so its more risky
play regicide and tell me then after 25 or more matches
Regardless of game type, I have been surrounded by enemies before, and I have been hit by pulse grenades before (only ever killed by one while AFK though), and I have stuck people at close range before (I could have meleed, but a kill from the grave + stuck is worth more points), and I have done just fine without a thruster pack.

reeper 898

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
you know what
Im right im wrong
your right your wrong
lets call it a draw and let bigons be bigons
I have my opinion you have yours so

peace out
:chuck::titmar:

NextLotus

Novice
Jan 14, 2013
how are you going to pay attention to that stuff when your surrounded by 5 players
very unlikely that you would notice
Step 1: Hahahaha, don't get surrounded by 5 players. Haha, how does that happen?!
Step 2: When using thruster pack, battle near ledges, corners, and covers so that you can easily escape (in any direction [except up]) faster than, and without having to turn for, sprint.

Known tip, but just for reiteration: Thruster Pack moves off a ledge take you down quicker than just walking or sprinting off. This nearly guarantees that your attacker will miss your head in that final moment of escape.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
I think the Thruster Pack, Autosentry, and even the Active Camo are slightly underpowered. I loved the active camo in reach, it was more foolproof, you were harder to see. It was my favorite AA. But now with the new way the Active Camo scrambles radars, your position can be pinpointed, and then it's not even all that hard to see an "invisible" person. The thruster pack is pretty much useless, and the autosentry hardly does anything. What do you think?

i defenitly agree with all of them but the camo is only a small bit underpowerd maybe it could only do a rader jammer for ur enimies

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
Camo underpowered? What a joke. It's the most bullshit AA in Halo at the moment.

"Ohey, lemme just be invisible for 90% of the time and camp with a sniper/beam rifle/DMR at the back of the map where the radar jamming doesn't make a difference"

This, it's the only one I will use ATM till it's nerfed.

It's way too strong. The Jam isn't bad at all, it's the cream filling that makes people confused about ally positioning, which is really key.

It also fades super fast, so invisibility right after you round a corner, I feel like making a cheap AC assassination vid. Hell, I got my first overkill all because of AC the other day, hiding in plain sight.

Autosentry is bad mostly because A) It can die B) It does mediocre damage
If it couldn't die as easily it would be wonderful to have.

The thruster is situational, and with the maps set up the way they are, it's not good in the environment. It's also hard to navigate properly for optimal positioning.