Introduction Therapy all over again...

GrumpyAnimal

Novice
Nov 5, 2015
Maryland
Hi, my name is GrumpyAnimal, and I'm a forge addict. (Hi Grumpy)

I've been off forging for about two years now. My last big map was made around 2013 on Reach. (Not counting one map I built on the MCC) (Weak applause)

I'm here today because the recent forge hype for Halo 5 is causing me to have withdrawal symptoms.

But in all seriousness, I'm pumped for the new forge and the future of Custom Games. I was playing Zombies back in Halo 2 with just the red and green teams, where players would barricade themselves in the numbered rooms of Foundation with pistols and shotguns in hand. I got really into the custom game boom on Halo 3. Especially with the release of forge then. I knew all the fancy forge tricks (ghost merging. building maps on the towers of Sandbox. etc.) and I loved a lot of the new creations that came from forgers and custom game creators alike. Reach didn't really continue the love for customs the way Halo 2 or 3 did for me, but that forge kept the inspiration alive. At some point I stopped playing Halo, until the MCC came out. That was the first forge that I got really hyped for. Unfortunately they had some lighting issues that really killed the size of the maps you could build. But I kept high hopes for the 343 forge team and the direction they were taking. Now the Halo 5 forge is two months away, and I've never been more excited to use a map creator/editor in my entire gaming career. I mean, who ISN'T excited?? Eh?

This hype train doesn't have brakes.
:insane:

1668569.jpg

Last edited: