The Music Discussion Thread

ptrpedro

Qualified
May 2, 2013
Ok I think we need a small injection of hip hop/rap up in here.

I'll start off with a new artist I've been listening to: Joey Bada$$

A$AP Rocky was already mentioned in the thread, but here's a couple of gems from his old and new albums.
This one in particular is a great track with a host of new hip hop talent.

I'll stand by my position that, for now, KENDRICK LAMAR IS THE BEST RAPPER that's doing his thing right now. Ask CHUCK, I pretty much only listen to him on a day-to-day basis. I cant even just post a couple of vids; here's a playlist that you'll need to click through to see just a few of his songs. Pretty much all of them is fire.
Kendrick is part of Top Dawg Ent. (TDE), and the rest of the crew is lyrically strong. Specifically Schoolboy Q and Ab-Soul have very emotionally potent music out right now.

Killer Mike is pretty awesome these days

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Ok I think we need a small injection of hip hop/rap up in here.

Ive always been into the British Rap/Hip Hop scene myself (Don't ask me why, I have no clue myself. :p)

GRIME:
Buggsy

Professor Green

Ghetts

JME

BRITISH HIP-HOP
Jehst

Scroobius Pip

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
There's not enough angry music in this thread. Even though it's likely no one will appreciate this kind of music.

Oceana - Boneworks, I'm learning this song on drums currently.

Northlane, these guys perform a nice mix of dgent and hardcore. I fucking dig it.

The Fallacy, I actually played a couple shows with these guys.

Means, a hardcore band from Canada.

A Textbook Tragedy, thrash.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
There's not enough angry music in this thread. Even though it's likely no one will appreciate this kind of music.

You know what goes great with ANGRY music?

Chill music...

Stumbleine - The Beat That My Heart Skips

Electus - Who we are

Etherwood - Gaytri

Synthetic Epiphany - Visiting Hours

Dabin & Koda - The Take Down

Reactions: Dax and PA1NTS

DShango

Novice
May 23, 2013
Well, I dunno about you all, by I always love me some Monstercat.

But other than Monstercat and other EDM, a lot of what I listen to is OST stuff from movies and games. Marty O'Donnell, Steve Jablonsky, Kou Otani, and Akira Ifukube usually come to mind for me. Classical's also a big one for me. Somethin' about orchestral sound is just awesome and I love it. I listen to Jazz/Blues too. Really anything catchy is good for me.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Oh wait, I just froze the left half of my brain!

But other than Monstercat and other EDM, a lot of what I listen to is OST stuff from movies and games. Marty O'Donnell, Steve Jablonsky, Kou Otani, and Akira Ifukube usually come to mind for me. Classical's also a big one for me. Somethin' about orchestral sound is just awesome and I love it. I listen to Jazz/Blues too. Really anything catchy is good for me.

YES, definitely!! My favourites are Hans Zimmer, Vivaldi and Mozart... I just love movie soundtracks, too!
For example: The "Django Unchained" soundtrack is just great: