Contest The HaloCustoms 1v1 Tournament Winner!

OfficialCompetition.jpg

The HaloCustoms 1v1 Tournament Winner!
Hey there everybody! I'm psyched to be the one telling you all about the results of the recent 1v1 Tournament that we've been holding over the past few months. It's been a while now since most of you who have participated have heard much at all from us staff. A while ago it was a rock-hard schedule of tournament announcements, nearly every day of the week. But this,today, is what it's all about. Sure, it's fun to test your mettle against the many members of the community, but when it comes down to it, all that's left are the cold hard facts: The Top 3 Players, the Top Ten clips, and most of all, our Tournament's champion. Many of you fought hard (especially Dax, and his incredible thread-creation skillz) but in the end only one has come out on top.

After the two players fought, and the battle was done, GreatCesar1 was great enough to send us the footage of their grande finale. Me and Psychoduck got together, and did a commentary for you all to go along with the footage of the Grand Final. Check it out below.

Congratulations to
GreatCesar1 for coming out on top! Send a message to Insane54 for information on how to collect your prize!

A hearty "Thank You!"
Thanks again to Dax and his channel TheHaloNetwork for providing the neat informative videos throughout the tournament. And most of all, a huge thanks to GamerModz.com for their generous contribution to this tournament's prize cache!

gamermodz-logo.png
Check out their site for some awesome gear!
Until next time, everyone! First the minigame competition, and now this. We can't wait to show you all what we have planned next... and we're sure you're going to love it!

Yes, yes congrats to the winner.

But if you ask me, I had some complaints about this tournament from the get go that I kept to myself. Now that it's over, I feel as though I need to put my two cents in.

I'm not entirely sure that the best player won here. In many matches in the tournament, especially towards the time of the final round, players were given a loss or eliminated from the tournament altogether due to their inability to get together to make a match. This, in my opinion, gave the win to those with convenience. In some cases, a player deserved the loss since they made absolutely no effort to get together. However, there were a few cases where a winner was chosen by coin toss. That, in my opinion, while necessary to get the tournament moving along, was just insulting to some of the good players who were taken out from this rule. If there is ever another tournament around here, the tournament staff (whatever you dub those calling the shots) need to devise a better strategy to dealing with a delay in matches being played and strictly enforce those rules. I believe the "we won't put up with your crap" tone will better motivate players to get together and play their matches.

Provided that this was the first tournament like this on the site, I am a bit forgiving towards this whole thing. Just know that if it happens it, it needs to be better organized. (No offense to you guys running the whole thing, I still love you guys :heart:).

None the less, congratulations.

Reactions: HANGMAN
GreatCesar1 was like Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football thing in the first match. Cesar puts up the ball and Nick landed on his back a lot of the time in that match, the second match was more of a which tailor is better? Tailor pertaining their tailored play style. The first match showed extreme knowledge of Cesar's play style, whereas Nicks style was shown during round two. Really intense though and i think i can play better now thanks to it. Only one question how does a grenade throw help decide player proximity to the explosion of the grenade itself and provide a guess of player movement?

ZOMBIEdium and [Insert Clever Halloween Pun]Duck great commentary!

Yes, yes congrats to the winner.

But if you ask me, I had some complaints about this tournament from the get go that I kept to myself. Now that it's over, I feel as though I need to put my two cents in.

I'm not entirely sure that the best player won here. In many matches in the tournament, especially towards the time of the final round, players were given a loss or eliminated from the tournament altogether due to their inability to get together to make a match. This, in my opinion, gave the win to those with convenience. In some cases, a player deserved the loss since they made absolutely no effort to get together. However, there were a few cases where a winner was chosen by coin toss. That, in my opinion, while necessary to get the tournament moving along, was just insulting to some of the good players who were taken out from this rule. If there is ever another tournament around here, the tournament staff (whatever you dub those calling the shots) need to devise a better strategy to dealing with a delay in matches being played and strictly enforce those rules. I believe the "we won't put up with your crap" tone will better motivate players to get together and play their matches.

Provided that this was the first tournament like this on the site, I am a bit forgiving towards this whole thing. Just know that if it happens it, it needs to be better organized. (No offense to you guys running the whole thing, I still love you guys :heart:).

None the less, congratulations.

Thank you, but I dont think that is as great of an issue as 'host'. which is a huge online advantage. thnx again.

Thank you, but I dont think that is as great of an issue as 'host'. cizzzats imo could easily beat respctful but respctful won b/c of his host, which is a huge online advantage. theyre both good players. thnx again.

I do recall the host issue now that you mention it. There's not too much you can do there though, other than having a third-party host for each game and designing each map to accommodate that third party in some way.

Congrats to, not just GreatCesar1, but everyone who was in the tournament (myself included). You may not all have won, but if you had fun and met new friends, IMO that is the next best thing.

GreatCesar1 enjoy the prize and put it to good use.

Can't wait for the next tournament :)