Mini Game The Dirty Extraction Puzzle

The Dirty Extraction Puzzle (version 2.1) - Puzzle Map

Author : Dirt Zombi
Game : Halo 4
Map : "The Dirty Extraction Puzzle Map" Ravine (Original Content)
Gametype : "The Dirty Extraction" Puzzle
Difficulty : Moderate

NEW*** For those of you who enjoy the map, there is a little something extra to increase replayability and gametime. Along with the puzzles there are now 5 Easter eggs in which you can find (orange cones). One for every extraction point. For each extraction point make sure to find the hidden cone that goes along with it.
CHANGES***...

Read more about this map...

Reactions: Fuzzle
Apr 27, 2013
UK
This was fun and reasonably challenging, with the exception of one part where I was stuck for nearly an hour just because i didn't look around properly, but I don't think I can really blame that on the map. If your interested i uploaded the film of me completing it onto my fileshare (don't worry it doesn't include the part where I got stuck ;) ). Please reply to this when you've downloaded it so i can remove the clip since i have limited space on my fileshare :)

Reactions: Dirt Zombi

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
This was fun and reasonably challenging, with the exception of one part where I was stuck for nearly an hour just because i didn't look around properly, but I don't think I can really blame that on the map. If your interested i uploaded the film of me completing it onto my fileshare (don't worry it doesn't include the part where I got stuck ;) ). Please reply to this when you've downloaded it so i can remove the clip since i have limited space on my fileshare :)

i think we both got stuck at the same place... :D

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Hey rabid midgetman, i get home tomorrow so i will do it tomo evening, thanks for letting me watch it man. what pace did you get stuck at, i may be able to make it more fluid.

Okay small spoilers alert:
the part with the soccer ball, i simply didn't see the pallet. I spent ages trying to wallrun to the mantis, then going back to the top and looking around for something hidden around the pelican or something, trying to decipher the colour scheme (I realised that B seems to have be blue blocks but the mantis was in an orange part, so then i decided that the mantis wasn't involved) which just seemed to send me further of off the scent lol. The annoying part is that i looked so hard everywhere else, it must have been like the one place on the map i didn't look at.

Anyway i watched your walkthru (its a really good to-the-point walkthru btw) and literally the second you looked at the pallet i just paused it and ended it. So everything from that point on was done by myself in my clip.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
I was stuck on the man cannon part, i thought it would be possible to jump in from the side and alter your flight. Took me a long time. Mantis was an issue but i knew i had to get it to win. So the jump alone was challenging, but that was perfectly fine. I can do it everytime now

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
If you enjoyed the map please consider giving it a rating above and write a review

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Ps. I probably should have rated the film clip 18+ because you'll see that when i finally get to B i teabag quite a bit. That was like the first time i teabagged in years, but the relief was so great that i simply couldn't control my loins. The rest of the video i did some mini-teabag-celebrations but they were just for show, none of them were as sincere as that first one. Just thought you might like to know... :laugh:

Most people seem to have trouble with B and C (the Mantis part), the tool you use to get to the mantis is something people did a lot in Halo3 puzzle maps, so i left it. I did think about leaving the mantis right outside of the guns-door though. Maybe I still should. : / And that E man-cannon jump, i've seen people fly through that like there's no manana, but others have a hard time. I tried to make the tool somewhat easy to find. I've actually seen someone land on the squares without grabbing the tool.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Most people seem to have trouble with B and C (the Mantis part), the tool you use to get to the mantis is something people did a lot in Halo3 puzzle maps, so i left it. I did think about leaving the mantis right outside of the guns-door though. Maybe I still should. : / And that E man-cannon jump, i've seen people fly through that like there's no manana, but others have a hard time. I tried to make the tool somewhat easy to find. I've actually seen someone land on the squares without grabbing the tool.

No i liked how the mantis part was laid out, it might have been better if the ball was more obvious tho, or if there was like a mini course that you had to roll it through instead of the challenge being to just find it. I don't know how the hell they could have landed that cannon jump without it btw 0.0

Apr 27, 2013
UK
I would have given this a review a while ago but i couldn't give it 5 star because i found it frustrating at parts, tho as i said i think that was largely my fault so i don't think it would be fair for me to bring the average down to 4.5 either. Your review was pretty inclusive Fuzzle so i thought i'd leave it on its own aha.

I haven't said yet that i also liked the easter egg cones idea, it adds another way of feeling accomplishment to the map which i guess is the purpose of a puzzle game. I only found 1 but I looked around for them a bit

Haha, and a funny thing, I actually hate rolling those balls, but it wouldn't be the same if it wasn't there. It's kind of a sentimental thing to me. It was all the rage for a while there back in Halo3, it was so annoying to have to do, but you always received such a sense of accomplishment when you rolled your way through a maze or puzzle.

Reactions: Rabid MidgetMan
That's fine rabid, I'll live if the rating goes down. I don't mind constructive criticism. Yea, those cones aren't easy to find, and they gradually get harder. I wish there was a way I could reward people for finding them. Did you find the one for Alpha? (that one actually you can find during any of the extractions)