SvC #6 Recap

Who was the winner of the latest Staff vs Community game night? Read on below to find out all the bullet-filled details!​
Before that however, let's look at the lineup of staff that competed:​
MockKnizzle008
Flying Shoe ILR
Vincent Torre
Nondual
Fuzzle
Round One
Team Regicide on Stigma​
The first game pitted the Staff against the Communists Community on a very strong 4 v 4 competitive map playing Team Regicide. While the game was close for a long time, eventually the staffers pulled ahead and were crowned king... of the first round.​
Staff Wins!
Staff: 1​
Community: 0​
Round Two
Classic Slayer on Ender​
The second game was picked by the community out of either another competitive match or something more silly. The community chose a competitive slayer game and the staff supplied the map to play it on, another 4 v 4 called Ender that recently found a slot in Matchmaking. Unfortunately for the community, the staff were only getting warmed up last game, and this time won by a landslide victory.​
Staff Wins!
Staff: 2​
Round Three
Team Hot Potatoes on Observatory​
Remember that silly game I mentioned above? Yeah. That was this. Hot Potatoes is a variant on Oddball with 3 balls on the map at any given time that explode at random intervals. This mode was especially created for this map, a smaller end 4 v 4 that was originally made in Halo: Reach. Both the map and mode were the creation of one MockKnizzle008 (you may know him as MOCK FUCK) giving the staff a bit of an advantage. The game was rather close in the end, but once again the staff pulled through.​
Staff Wins!
Staff: 3​
Round Four
One Flag CTF on Classic Ghost Town​
Round four got a little nostalgic with a fan favorite blast from the past in the form of One Flag CRF on a remake of Ghost Town from Halo 3. This helped to level the playing field, as there were players on both sides who knew the map and players who did not (myself included in the latter.) This was the most intense game of the night, as both teams fought relentlessly for the flag. In the end we had a tie with both teams scoring twice.​
Tie Game
Staff: 3​
Ties: 1​
Round Five
Hijack Hyjinks on HH Vortex​
How else to end a night than with a few shenanigans? The final game was an insane mini-game where explosions, driving, and hijacking was the name of the game. Teams scored points by controlling specific vehicles, leading to some truly lolworth moments. In the end though, the staff won again, wrapping up another SvC undefeated.​
Staff Wins!
Staff: 4​
Ties: 1​
Thank you all for participating in another awesome Staff versus community night! There was much fun had on both sides and we hope to keep this tradition going! On that note, we're talking about doing an entirely flood themed SvC. While we have not figured out how scoring would work, we wanted to see if the community was interested in this.​
So long, and thanks for all the fish everyone!​

Actually Shoe you guys declaired it a "warm up game", not a practice game. There is a difference. It was a fully fledged game between staff and community and the community came out on top. Warm ups are not practice.

Score with warm-up match: 4-0
Score when first match was not a warm up: 4-1

Staff still win...? I don't see the problem guys :p

Good write-up Shoe!

Actually Shoe you guys declaired it a "warm up game", not a practice game. There is a difference. It was a fully fledged game between staff and community and the community came out on top. Warm ups are not practice.

Warm ups are warm ups. They're meant to get your blood pumping so you are prepared for the later games. The staff probably used the warm up as a warm up while the community were good to go already.

Reactions: Budddyyy
Still should be counted as it was not declaired a "Practice Match" until after they lost. I am not trying to make the community win but we werent shut out.

Still should be counted as it was not declaired a "Practice Match" until after they lost. I am not trying to make the community win but we werent shut out.

It wasn't declared as a practice match from what I hear. It was declared as a warm up match.

in any case if the community lost we need new teams

It wasn't declared as a practice match from what I hear. It was declared as a warm up match.

in any case if the community lost we need new teams

Or... or we could do any amazing plan..I mean so super amazing that even amazing wouldn't cover it.... we play online to get warmed up for the SvC or we make a custom lobby before the SvC so that the community is ready to take on the staff and potentially (not got our ass handed to us) win ^.^ .

Reactions: Fuzzle
Staff r corruptz.

Looks like it was good fun though! Reminds me of the Forge Hub Staff vs Community I attended a while back. They are great.

Maybe the community should form some teams for the next SvC. Or maybe someone should just thrown down the gauntlet sometime outside of one. ;)