Staff Picks: Helios

hc-communitymap.jpg

Staff Picks time! Thats a thing, really. It's been a while, but it was neither lost nor forgotten. Anyway, every so often we find a map that really catches our eyes, as well as our frag grenades and oddball passes. Today I bring you Helios by Blaq Cloud, a big team map for 12 to 16 players that features long sight lines, heavy vehicles, and smooth jazz. Scratch that last part, you're more likely to hear the stomps of a mantis or the ping of a sniper bullet as it scrapes your helmet.

Helios features some great vehicle combat, with each side getting both a Mantis and a Rocket Warthog. If you're partial to infantry combat however (or just don't like getting squished) there are plenty of interior hallways and rooms to move through both around the sides and through the center. Whatever your play style, this is a great map for any large lobby.

Great map! I played a game of CTF on this a while back and it was loads of fun. I was enjoying a nice little sniping spree until a rocket hog came flying out of nowhere and just utterly demolished me. Good thing no one decided to tell me there were rocket hogs on the map! :p

Good stuff Blaq Cloud.

Well, back on topic, great staff pick guys. The gameplay on this map is really comfortable and, like it says, great for any lobby. Amazing map Blaq Cloud :y:

I remember this one! It was definitely fun, and what's great about it is that if your team has better teamwork you will almost always win, guarantee. Unless you suck.

Great map! I played a game of CTF on this a while back and it was loads of fun. I was enjoying a nice little sniping spree until a rocket hog came flying out of nowhere and just utterly demolished me. Good thing no one decided to tell me there were rocket hogs on the map! :p

Good stuff Blaq Cloud.
Are you THE Dax?