Halo [POSL] Is Looking for Mini Games!

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
I think this could work for 4v4. Just enable the teams, I guess. I'm not too sure. You should ask the creator.

Because if this could work for 4v4, I think POSL will have a blast. This is an epic mini game. Super fun. :)

Musical Shields by ChewyNutCluster

ms1-png.6329

EDIT: Oh wait. Never mind. This map uses trait zones. Didn't see that rule. :/

Yeah... thanks for suggesting my game, Zandril, but it has trait zones and is only set up for FFA

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
No i definitely will had an idea or to that could of worked this way but never got around to it. The better question is can it be played with teams and is the trait zone necessary.

I suppose it could be played with teams. Actually..... you just gave me an idea for a team version!

It's really set up for FFA, but what if I changed the map a little and put red and blue spawns. Then, I can have respawns for each team in opposite sides. I'll put a concussion rifle with one clip on each sideline. That way after you die, you can knock the enemy team's remaining players around a little while cheering your team on! Ooooooh this just might work! I'll get on it and let you know.

Also, the only purpose of the trait zone is to make sure the eliminated players don't die. If they do they'd just respawn back in the spectator box. It doesn't actually affect gameplay, just makes it less annoying.

May I ask why trait zones aren't allowed?

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
I suppose it could be played with teams. Actually..... you just gave me an idea for a team version!

It's really set up for FFA, but what if I changed the map a little and put red and blue spawns. Then, I can have respawns for each team in opposite sides. I'll put a concussion rifle with one clip on each sideline. That way after you die, you can knock the enemy team's remaining players around a little while cheering your team on! Ooooooh this just might work! I'll get on it and let you know.

Also, the only purpose of the trait zone is to make sure the eliminated players don't die. If they do they'd just respawn back in the spectator box. It doesn't actually affect gameplay, just makes it less annoying.

May I ask why trait zones aren't allowed?

You may ask, but i can not sate why. Any how long is each round; because depending upon where the view box is located and the time you could just make it one life, or make it so that they cant hurt on another, also if i get this correctly the hill is stationary and so you can change the traits out of the hill so that you cant die and in the hill you can die. A simple trick to make it so you don't have to use the trait zone. (learned that one from reach.) Any way I prefer the hill idea but trust me this forum you are responding too is bigger than you think.

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
You may ask, but i can not sate why. Any how long is each round; because depending upon where the view box is located and the time you could just make it one life, or make it so that they cant hurt on another, also if i get this correctly the hill is stationary and so you can change the traits out of the hill so that you cant die and in the hill you can die. A simple trick to make it so you don't have to use the trait zone. (learned that one from reach.) Any way I prefer the hill idea but trust me this forum you are responding too is bigger than you think.

Ok, Mr. Stoot

I have taken your advice. I updated musical shields yet again. Now, I think it's as perfect as I'm going to get it and I think you will be very pleased with the changes. There is now no way to die with an overshield (you won't die if you're in the middle of the map like before). It should now, also work with 4v4 with no problems. I also added sticky detonators on the sidelines which aren't too effective, but will knock players around a tiny bit. I did this to satisfy people who said they wanted a little more power after they've been eliminated.

PLEASE test this out and let me know what you think

Link: http://www.halocustoms.com/maps/musical-shields.752/

Reactions: Charles Stoot

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
Ok, Mr. Stoot

I have taken your advice. I updated musical shields yet again. Now, I think it's as perfect as I'm going to get it and I think you will be very pleased with the changes. There is now no way to die with an overshield (you won't die if you're in the middle of the map like before). It should now, also work with 4v4 with no problems. I also added sticky detonators on the sidelines which aren't too effective, but will knock players around a tiny bit. I did this to satisfy people who said they wanted a little more power after they've been eliminated.

PLEASE test this out and let me know what you think

Link: http://www.halocustoms.com/maps/musical-shields.752/

I didn't say you had to get rid of the dying in the middle with over-shields but that's fine. I'm guessing you didn't figure out a system to warn them.

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
I didn't say you had to get rid of the dying in the middle with over-shields but that's fine. I'm guessing you didn't figure out a system to warn them.

I thought you said you got frustrated by dying in the middle? oh well.

The only way I could imagine to "warn" people would be to have the hill on a timer that corresponds with the timer of the fusion coil (e.g. when Hill gets to zero, mines explode). This, however, is impossible. Why? Well, because in Halo 4 you have a loadout camera. Unfortunately the fusion coil spawns before the game actually starts, but the hill timer won't start until players actually spawn.

I don't really see a need for warning players though. Basically, you just grab an overshield as quickly as possible, there's no real need to know exactly when that boom is going to happen, you just know that it's happening soon. Also, I increased the respawn time of the fusion coil a little bit so that gives players a couple more seconds to find a shield, unless they've all been grabbed already of course.

I played today with a bunch of randoms that I found in BTB and they said they had a blast. Let me know what you think. There's a lot less room for error now and I think it's more "obvious" as you suggested before. That first explosion now is also a couple seconds later than before which leads to fewer players getting mad by dying before they realized they had to grab a shield. Even if you do die in the first round, though, you will immediately know what to do in the second round and thereafter.

Just try it out again and let me know. If you don't like it, then hey, not everyone likes every game, but I'm happy with it and I hope other Halo players will enjoy it. Unless I find any serious issues, I'm done with this minigame and I'll be moving on to my next: "Clay Pigeons" on "Pull" ;)

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
I thought you said you got frustrated by dying in the middle? oh well.

The only way I could imagine to "warn" people would be to have the hill on a timer that corresponds with the timer of the fusion coil (e.g. when Hill gets to zero, mines explode). This, however, is impossible. Why? Well, because in Halo 4 you have a loadout camera. Unfortunately the fusion coil spawns before the game actually starts, but the hill timer won't start until players actually spawn.

I don't really see a need for warning players though. Basically, you just grab an overshield as quickly as possible, there's no real need to know exactly when that boom is going to happen, you just know that it's happening soon. Also, I increased the respawn time of the fusion coil a little bit so that gives players a couple more seconds to find a shield, unless they've all been grabbed already of course.

I played today with a bunch of randoms that I found in BTB and they said they had a blast. Let me know what you think. There's a lot less room for error now and I think it's more "obvious" as you suggested before. That first explosion now is also a couple seconds later than before which leads to fewer players getting mad by dying before they realized they had to grab a shield. Even if you do die in the first round, though, you will immediately know what to do in the second round and thereafter.

Just try it out again and let me know. If you don't like it, then hey, not everyone likes every game, but I'm happy with it and I hope other Halo players will enjoy it. Unless I find any serious issues, I'm done with this minigame and I'll be moving on to my next: "Clay Pigeons" on "Pull" ;)

Yeah i got frustrated with that but I knew where you where coming from it's fine but people are now going to camp the shields like you said. I stated find a way to warn them that they cant be in the middle like, like have kill balls that drop with the land mines that explode but they don't effect the player in health. When they drop hit the land mines the mines are the one that kill you. You can implement this by having a wall between the kill balls and the players and then the kill balls drop when the land mine drop, they hit a gravity lifts and get pushed out of the map so that they can re-spawn on time. All of this is on the other side of the wall that is above the player. This has no effect on the players. You could also set the kill balls to come a couple of sec before the land mines explode so that well it warns them in that sake too. Just a little trick i learned when making maps. Kill balls, like Re-gen Shields will not effect land mines or players or anything unless you can see the core of the Kill ball or Re-gen Shield. Green Lantern used this concept to make it so that when coming out of the station with a car you don't get Immediately flipped upon landing. But your concept seams to work i'll check it out and let you know this weekend. Your mind needs to think like this for Mini Games it can't think of how easy can I make it, but how can i make a system that works and doesn't troll people. If you need guidance or Idea's to fix certain things just ask. I know Forge in and out on every map because when making maps i just screw with things in forge.

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
I see how you would think mines, but Spartans are the "clay pigeons" in this gametype :D

Anyways I'll show you how it works sometime, right now there are hills set up so that players get 1 point each time they go off a man cannon.