Map Preview Morgan Bay

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Hey guys!

Here's the map preview of the fresh and crispy Michael.. or, err, Morgan Bay.
I was hoping for this thread to become somewhat of a discussion thread of sorts, as a couple of you have been fiercely testing this map with me during the past couple of days.

Yes, A Pie, al2244, BlubtheDoctor, Dynam1c_Smurf, H2AK0N, IMITATION30910, izTwinkiez, Loscocco, secretnumber5, SpankyLongball5, WhiteWolfLegend, Master Debaytes, Demonik89, Elliot, Shadow KryPTiiC, SOLIDSNAKEee Wolferious I'm talking about you guys. :)

Here are some pictures for nom. Post your feedback, suggestions and overall opinions down below. It helps me out more than you think!

NB: For those of you who have played the map: In the latest version the docks have been removed, unlike as presented in the pictures. I've used the objects to make the mansion a bit longer too. Since I have budget left I might think of a way to add another kind of dock or something alike.

5rkl.jpg

02im.jpg

7hsq.jpg

vl4b.jpg

q9dk.jpg

tfqm.jpg

44hd.jpg

nm0q.jpg

q7sz.jpg

Reactions: Loscocco and H2AK0N

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
Probably my main gripe with the map during testing. That room is so frustrating. Adding some shelves or something in the middle of the mansion would be good too, since it will be bigger. It will give players the opportunity to be more tactile when holding out in there.

Loscocco

Qualified
May 26, 2013
I remember the building with the pretty railings in front where a shotgun initially spawns being a huge place for humans to camp, and then during later tests, everyone stopped--I never understood why-- it was the only building I saw with only one entrance (excluding the one in back where you had to be a good trick-jumper to get into)

Maybe I missed something, but in the picture below, I thought it would be a good idea to replace that little square extruding out from the dock with an actual entrance for zombies. I assume the square is there so that zombies can jump from it and lunge at anyone hanging by the window, but not get in otherwise. Maybe you could add a crate that zombies could use to fully enter the building from that window, which humans could push into the water if they choose to take that risk. Just a thought.

tfqm.jpg

Aside from that, the watery basement that everyone always gathers in (you know the one), maybe you should add some tiny structure that makes the room less open and less convenient for humans. Overall, I loved the map and how it played; nice job!

Reactions: Shadow KryPTiiC

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
I've got an even better idea, Cocco. You see that set of two wires hanging from the building to the right of the mansion? Why not hang the crate from there? That way the zombies can jump on top of the crate and use it to get into the second story window. Also, it would add to the map as an aesthetic piece.

Reactions: REMkings and H2AK0N

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I've got an even better idea, Cocco. You see that set of two wires hanging from the building to the right of the mansion? Why not hang the crate from there? That way the zombies can jump on top of the crate and use it to get into the second story window. Also, it would add to the map as an aesthetic piece.

Bingo. Thanks for that lovely suggestion, people love jumping in Halo and especially in Infection it can be great fun moving around over little nifty objects that seemingly only happened to be in the right place for you to use. I'm going to do that as it will not be a main entrance but it can be dangerous if not guarded adequately. Just like the one that leads up to the warehouse.

It's actually better than what I had already built myself today, so I'm just going to do this instead now. Thanks!

Reactions: Master Debaytes

H2AK0N

Expert
Feb 2, 2013
London, United Kingdom
Also, how do you guys like the idea of trying to create some little ship of sorts that would probably be located somewhere over here?

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5216/kkzs.jpg[/spoiler]

If you've got the budget left then I say go for it. The warehouse offers a good holdout location however by going there you risk running into the flood from where they initially spawn. If you could pull that off again for the boat then I think it could be really cool :)

Reactions: Elliot
Aug 6, 2013
U.S.
* * * * * I overall really loved the board! Even though I died quickly the first two rounds I quickly picked up how to navigate the map quickly and had fun every round trying out new places to hold. My favorite was in the flooded basement area where you could block the doorways. Even when your the flood This map was Smooth and challenging and fun.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Aren't you already having problems with loading/framerate when you have 13+ people?

Yeah well the map was built for 10-12 players in the first place, but since net amount of objects will remain the same as I'll be using the gained forge pieces from the docks I don't expect a lot of problems.

Overall a Great map not for inexperienced Zombies but s Great map non the less

I agree but it's very difficult to make smaller maps fun for zombies too when they're not that experienced. Oh well, just play the map a couple of times and you'll find your way around. :)

Demonik89

Master
Jul 5, 2013
I love the map as you already know. Every time I've tested it the gameplay did change from one of the first tests to the latest tests. Like you already pointed out and when we last talked that one corner were the shotgun spawns was just empty no one wanted to go there. But great map Rem all in all :D. I look forward to testing it more.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I love the map as you already know. Every time I've tested it the gameplay did change from one of the first tests to the latest tests. Like you already pointed out and when we last talked that one corner were the shotgun spawns was just empty no one wanted to go there. But great map Rem all in all :D. I look forward to testing it more.
Me too, because I've made the mansion look a bit more appealing now. There's also a catch to holding out in there, but it will only be for the better... :p
You'll see next time.

And about that corner; I know man. Just gotta figure out a way to work it out, because I don't think I could manage to build a boat. Maybe I can create new docks over there. At least it sounds like it could work.

Demonik89

Master
Jul 5, 2013
After playing it today the mansion looked alot better I loved the little ramp and another entrance for the Zombies to get in it felt alot better :D. Who knows you may not need to figure it out and it might just be a path way and not need anything at all.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
After playing it today the mansion looked alot better I loved the little ramp and another entrance for the Zombies to get in it felt alot better :D. Who knows you may not need to figure it out and it might just be a path way and not need anything at all.
Yeah I'm starting to feel like that too. There's a random drop over there I think, giving players enough reason to Risk the Reward but then get the heck outta there again.
The map is starting to look more and more like I want it to be. :)

Add me on Skype sometime bro, it's easier to talk. "remkings"

Feb 25, 2013
The room we held out in was a little bit OP. Though there was a second floor entrance, it was so far out of the way and so hard to get to, so the flood never used that route. I suggest making a second entrance on the bottom floor.