Featured Lobby Monday Map Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex quit

Got Gud
Nov 19, 2014
Stongholds on Kizingo 4.2

Class gets out at 9 on Mondays so I probably wont be on until around 9:30. Hopefully I can hop in at some point.

AceOfSpades

Novice
Aug 9, 2014
GT: AceOfSpades0707

Map: Tremont Square beta 2-22
Gametypes:
- Primary: Big Team CTF
- Secondary: Big Team Strongholds, Big Team Slayer

The map was updated as of this afternoon and the updated version is on my bookmarks.

I should be able to get on to play around 10:30.

Last edited:

HalfDemonANBU

Novice
Feb 14, 2016
Sign me up as well again if there's a spot lads :p

GT: Half Demon ANBU

Map: The Cradle v3
Gametypes Primary: Big Team Strongholds
Secondary: Big Team Slayer

Thanks again!

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
The lobby for tonight has been posted in the customs portal. You don't need to join there if you've already signed up here. However, you need to message me (The Psycho Duck) on Xbox Live to receive and invite either way.

See you guys tonight! :beer:

Feb 22, 2016
Hey, I would like to sign up for play testing a few maps, and If its full, I would appreciate love to join next time :)

YT: Unsorted Gaming

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Because I cannot currently connect to the game, Squally DaBeanz will be taking over as lobby host. Please message him for an invite. I will hopefully be able to join in later.

Feb 22, 2016
I had same issue, but luckly for me. I have both digital copy and physical copy of the game. And when I used the physical copy I manage to get in Halo 5!

HalfDemonANBU

Novice
Feb 14, 2016
Hey Psychoduck, I could not connect today for Monday Testing due to the aforementioned server issues, will there be an alternate testing day or is that probably next monday?

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Between the time Xbox Live let me on Halo (about an hour and a half late) and the time I was fully disconnected from the internet, the lobby seemed to go relatively well. I understand that several others experienced similar issues which prevented them from attending. If that includes you, please feel free to post below and suggest a time and date for a makeup lobby of sorts. We'll see about getting to the maps that we were unable to test last night.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2/22/16 Recap
Post feedback for the following maps below.

River of Dreams by INFINUT: I wasn't here for this one and therefore cannot provide a description

Echoes by The Grim Dealer: I wasn't here for this one and therefore cannot provide a description

Fracture by Squally DaBeanz: Symmetrical snowy map with bridges, a tunnel, and Mantises (CTF)

Artemis by The Fated Fire & Psychoduck: Symmetrical snowy Forerunner map (CTF)

Ferrous by CommanderColson: asymmetrical junkyard map (Strongholds)

Badger Pit by CDX34: Inversely symmetrical map set within a large cave (CTF)

Hangout by MartianMallCop: Asymmetrical toon-town map with a banshee (Strongholds)

Kizingo by alex quit: Asymmetrical nighttime urban map (Strongholds)

Tremont Square by AceOfSpades: Large symmetrical urban map with a natural area along one side (Slayer)

Rusty Hook by Eight Man 888: This was the map which appeared to crash the game each time (CTF)

Night Club by Mrmiclego: Asymmetrical map set on rooftops with a central night club (Strongholds)

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Fracture
This wasn't a great test game. The lopsided teams led to a very quick game and I wasn't able to assess how the new changes to the map were playing. The routes straight through the center from base to base remaining intact will preserve the same easy flag run that's been problematic on this map in the past, though.​
Ferrous
The additional route added near Blue Trench was a great addition. The tweaks to the weapon set were positive ones as well. All of the strongholds have value. Red Vat is great to grab temporarily before cycling back to gain control of Junction. Holding Junction and Blue Trench simultaneously requires a team to be agile and coordinated. The weapon and vehicle set complement the Stronghold setup nicely with the ghost especially being very capable of aiding a team in controlling Blue Trench and Junction. The biggest problem with the current version of Ferrous is performance. Framedrops were experienced by several players in and around Blue Trench and were also reported near Junction. Disable decorators if you haven't done so already and optimize your object usage to fix this. Some spawns in the low interior between Junction and Red Vat were somewhat disorienting. That location in general seems somewhat superfluous. Since players rarely venture here on their own, it can be difficult for them to recognize their surroundings when spawning here.​
Badger Pit
This was a huge improvement over the version we played last week. However, the routes along the outskirts may be a bit too attractive currently. Due to the map's size and the relative safety of these areas compared to the center, they may currently be a bit too viable. This, like the map's setting, reminds me of Waterworks. If the scaling was tighter and there were a few more cross-map lines of sight, sneaking around the outskirts with the flag would be less prevalent. The placement of the flag's within the base interior isn't quite ideal either. It would be best to place the flags in exposed positions on the front of the base. Attackers would still need to fight up to them, but this would leave room for defenders to spawn behind their flag and would present lines of sight which would allow for clutch flag saves. This would also present the option to take the flag through the center a bit better than the current setup does. Due to the lighting and color, the glass in the floors of the bridges near the center is very difficult to see. At a glance, the glass floors appear to be death pits.​
Hangout
The neutral Banshee setup is an improvement, or it would be if it wasn't two seconds closer to Blue Team's initial spawn. The large sign with the Arena decal needs to be removed so the Banshee can actually be placed equidistant from each team's initial spawn. The other changes to the weapon setup seem to be positive ones. You seem to be adding a lot of flimsy cover to areas throughout the map and this really isn't the ideal way to balance the Banshee. Keeping those lines of sight open is important. Restricted airspace would be a better answer to the banshee's power rather than further segmenting the infantry areas. The Warthog is not a particularly attractive option on this map given the power of the Banshee and its limited vertical movement potential.​

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'll finish my feedback for the remaining maps a bit later.

Reactions: MartianMallCop

CDX34

Master
Mar 23, 2015
*River of Dreams - I'll be honest, My opinion of this map is pretty harsh. Gameplay wise, the map has too many power weapons, the majority of which feel useless, and it also has too many heavy vehicles, with the pair of tanks, mantises, and a collection of warthogs, trying to survive on foot feels almost pointless, I do like the neutral flag push idea though. In terms of the map's structure, you picked a good location, but the map is too wide, way too long, is very open even in a tank, and red team's end of the map is clearly too tall. The majority of battles on this map were either 1v1, 5vTank, or hiding somewhere with a sniper. I'd say this map would play better with a progressive gametype like Invasion from Halo: Reach, and could use some more cover, along with a bit of downscaling.

*Echoes - There was a lot of comparing this map to Basin for some reason. I however, got more of a Halo: CE feel from this map, and the visuals certainly reflect that, it feels like a chunk straight out of the classic campaign. Mad props to you on that front. That said though, the map feels just a bit too big and open. I don't think it would take all that much to fix that. While the pair of railguns are surprisingly balanced, I think they could do with being moved out from under the bases. I didn't see the hydra launchers used all that much, but their spawn location feels a bit too close to either base, maybe swap them with the needlers not that far ahead. Wandering around this map to refresh My memory from last night, I found a gauss hog, and I don't think I saw it used once during the playtest. Also, maybe it's just Me, but the teleporters seem to exit in a bit of an odd location. In the end, a fun game was had on this map.

*Fracture - The sniper rifles feel perfect on this map, at least to Me, and I like the new flag location. Other than that, I didn't notice much of a difference from the last version I played, but I'm about as oblivious to change as a sloth, so try not to be too insulted if I missed something this time around. :laugh:

*Artemis - I didn't see the warthogs at all this time around. Were they removed? I honestly couldn't tell. Aside from this, the map felt the same to Me as last week.

*Ferrous - LENS FLAIRS!!! :laugh: Still gotta work on that intro scene, friend. I'm honestly not sure how much of the different gameplay I experienced on this map can be attributed to the fact that I simply had a better game this time around, so I can't say anything major. I will say though, I love the dynamic element in the pipe by junction. Going off the jump in a warthog and breaking through those bars feels so~ satisfying.

*Badger Pit - Where Badger Cliffs needed to grow up(metaphorically, not literally), Badger Pit needed to sober up... Or maybe that was just blue team, because they randomly broke out into a dance party in the middle of the map near the end of the game. I'm worried they got bored or found gameplay to be stale. Blue team scaring Me aside, red team's feedback ingame was mostly positive(I think) with some general confusion. I look forward to reading the feedback here. This was the last map I played on before leaving for sleep.

*Rusty Hook - I did play on this map at some point last night too, but given the multiple crashes it had, no solid gameplay was had. What little I did see of the map was that it lacked cover, and the initial spawns are apparently in the middle of the map.

Apr 23, 2013
River of Dreams - CDX pretty much summed up exactly how I felt about this map. It's just too open, with too many weapons/vehicles, which makes infantry combat extremely pointless.

Ferrous - This map was a blast. I was focused on helping my team hold Junction and Blue Trench, so I didn't really get to see a whole lot of it, but I had fun. I did notice a few fps drops around the map, there was a pretty big one in Blue Trench that seemed to occur when you exit Blue Cave and another when overlooking the map at Junction.

Badger Pit
- There's not much I can say about this one as I didn't really explore it very much. I never felt like I had any reason to go through the middle when the side paths provide much more safety, not to mention the lighting in the middle actually strained my eyes.

I would have to play some of the other maps again, as I didn't really explore them all too much either, mostly due to imbalanced teams. I'll be sure to leave feedback for these if we play them next time.

Mrmiclego

Qualified
Feb 18, 2016
Hangout-i liked playing on the map but the banshee was not even noticeable for me and i like hangout for being a few unique maps that are fun without vehicles

Badger pit-this was a stale and confusing map for me i was not annoyed by the lights on the bottom of the map but everywhere you go with a ghost there is a pylon if you remove them and place them at the "bright bottom" part of the map you can get some interesting plays another problem with the ghosts is finding a way for the ghosts to be defensive and offensive if doing that it can make the map unique. The part that makes this map stale is bridge connected by platform and that is it all over the map you see. I did not like this map

River of dream- i am mixed on this map the map is too big and too wide you can only snipe and attack at the sides of the map. The only positive i can say is that the map gives us a breath of fresh air with neutral flag

Rusty hook-this map has a lot of issues not by the internet crashing but the fact that there is NO areas on the map where there is a great chokepoint of vehicles V infantry just no on this map

I am not good at giving feedback i hope this helps the creators

Reactions: Oasis Hurler

RipShaDe 41

Novice
Sep 5, 2013
i wil try to get a proper test on my urban btb map called "Nomolos Alpha" for the next monday playtest =] I havent done to much but i hoping that will a proper test that i could receive good feedback. I want to test 1 ctf game and 1 strongholds game.

Status
Not open for further replies.