Making Halo 5 Forge What We Want

Do You Think The Changes In The Video Are Good?

• Total voters
Nope. It's $1 = £0.61. So if you have to pay $60.00 for a game we should only have to pay £36.65. We overpay. :(
Not exactly. Taxes increase the amount somewhat. Maybe a little overpaying but that's just the store wanting a profit.
Yea! If 343 open their brains (and start to use them) they would do this... To be honest I am surprised simple things like actual doors that move, just a simple frame with a door.. Aren't mentioned ,You know, like all the ones in campaign that seem physically impossible in anything else? Doors aren't high on my list, but I want Fat Kid back, we need those options, I'm talking so down and dirty as forcing visor colours for better atmospheres, and why not In flood have Alpha, Beta, and Charlie flood, alpha having its special traits after death, throughout the game, beta having the traits after a selected amounts of deaths , and Charlie having no special traits throughout...
Just my idea, :)
Plus give flood weapons...
P.S: bring back game types that are not the core, like assault?
P.S.S: Bring back Halo.
Agreed, but flood having certain traits seems to me to be a little wack, although it would be something to expand a flood forgers creativity there.

ChrisSonic01

Master
Feb 2, 2013
We need to organize some way of demonstrating community support for this video directly to 343. Unless we have a large body of people all agreed on the same thing, they won't be as likely to listen to us. Anyone who sees this, get this video to them on twitter, Facebook, the forums, repost, send it to B is for Bravo, heck, if someone can find a 343 email address, send it!
Okay, so that might be a bit extreme, but I think you get my point.

Luminous Nova

Master
Apr 1, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Such great ideas, would be a shame if 343 won't listen. Having things like this in Halo 5 forge will pour thousands of ideas for maps into my head. Such as this one map that came from the top of my head called 'Snow Storm' and it is a tundra canvas and there is a blizzard going on and people are only safe indoors. What I mean is that I place soft killzones on the exterior parts of the map so people can only go outside for a bit otherwise they will get killed by the blizzard. Genius!
... 8-16 players, can be used with any gametype. :p

My ideas with all this stuff would be to fight during a storm and i just had a brilliant idea. Objects should be able to float and move on the water if the physics are set to normal or something specific. (Maybe float physics?) That way we can have actual boats and we can be able to control them!? NAVAL BATTLES!! So many good ideas, so much potential!

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
Not exactly. Taxes increase the amount somewhat. Maybe a little overpaying but that's just the store wanting a profit.
Agreed, but flood having certain traits seems to me to be a little wack, although it would be something to expand a flood forgers creativity there.

Its already been done, :) special traits have been in infection for a while, just i want them to be more advanced

Jan 9, 2013
This is something I honestly don't agree on. Forge doesn't need all these wires, and buttons, and other redstone-y stuff. It's always been the ability of a player to work with the pieces available and the canvas. I've seen hundred of incredibly creative mini games come out of Halo 4 and Reach forge. All without mechanisms.

Maybe this is just because I'm a competitive map forger which is why I don't see the need for mechanisms. And competitive maps don't really need mechanisms to be great.

Without a doubt, your suggestion will be very useful for mini game forgers. But it's not impossible to make an awesome mini game without mechanisms. You just need to get creative.

As a minigmae forger, I understand and agree with what you are saying. However, it would be very beneficial to at least have toggleable doors/gates

Jan 9, 2013
Agreed. I dont even forge too often. Mainly because I'm brainstorming. I posted this in the comments but id like to see-
More polygonal object shaping or zone shapes (triangles, hexagons, pentagons, etc.) That way when you have a room structured in such a a shape it doesn't become a matter of the zone extending too far.
The 'Advanced and Beginner' forge options are an interesting idea, but they shouldn't stray too far from one another. Advanced should be the combination of beginner and advanced settings or you could add a feature listed as BOTH.

Advanced stetting should be exactly like beginner settings, only with added features. Similarly to the advanced map editor in Trials Evolution

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
This is something I honestly don't agree on. Forge doesn't need all these wires, and buttons, and other redstone-y stuff. It's always been the ability of a player to work with the pieces available and the canvas. I've seen hundred of incredibly creative mini games come out of Halo 4 and Reach forge. All without mechanisms.

Maybe this is just because I'm a competitive map forger which is why I don't see the need for mechanisms. And competitive maps don't really need mechanisms to be great.

Without a doubt, your suggestion will be very useful for mini game forgers. But it's not impossible to make an awesome mini game without mechanisms. You just need to get creative.

I would agree with Zandril on this Forge must bring creativity in a person not give them lemonade right off the back.

Reactions: Zandril
I would agree with Zandril on this Forge must bring creativity in a person not give them lemonade right off the back.
Well i mean the switches and buttons and stuff could make things easier and as someone said more cost efficient. I mean unless you want to spend a ton of money on dominion pieces and fusion coils, and shields. Cost effective stuff is what i look forward to, not incredibly complex switches that eat up a quarter of your budget off the bat. I mean that's coming from a recreational forger.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Couldn't agree more. This pretty much sums it up. If 343i actually were to implement all of these things, there would literally be no game I would play other than Halo!

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty
Jan 29, 2013
I like many of the things you bring out, and there are things I think you missed. But the one thing I wanted to comment on is the population. The forging population didn't die because forge didn't deliver. It died because the gaming population died. Even if 343i had all the features in forge you list in H4, the population wouldn't be much different today at all. Most of my friends were forgers in Reach and not one ever said they quit due to forge. It was generally H4 game play sucked.

Is there a way to include "Somewhat" in the poll? I can't say I would agree that all the changes you suggest are useful. For example, Advance/Beginner is useless. Just have Advance and let forgers use what they know how to use.

I like many of the things you bring out, and there are things I think you missed. But the one thing I wanted to comment on is the population. The forging population didn't die because forge didn't deliver. It died because the gaming population died. Even if 343i had all the features in forge you list in H4, the population wouldn't be much different today at all. Most of my friends were forgers in Reach and not one ever said they quit due to forge. It was generally H4 game play sucked.

Is there a way to include "Somewhat" in the poll? I can't say I would agree that all the changes you suggest are useful. For example, Advance/Beginner is useless. Just have Advance and let forgers use what they know how to use.
Agreed.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Not to viciously kill a dead horse, but:

This is great and all (and I'd be happy if this was in Halo 5's forge, although I can't afford an Xbox One at the moment), but can we just get access to the level design tool in the SDK?

The 0micron

Selppin
Jan 27, 2013
Not to viciously kill a dead horse, but:

This is great and all (and I'd be happy if this was in Halo 5's forge, although I can't afford an Xbox One at the moment), but can we just get access to the level design tool in the SDK?

I can see where some people would love that, but that isn't what forge IS. Bungie said that Forge will never be a "map creator" even though it kind of is, we are still using pre-made objects to create our own environments. Sadly, SDK or any other type of level design software will not be implements ever. Forge is totally different than professional level design from scratch.

Jan 9, 2013
I can see where some people would love that, but that isn't what forge IS. Bungie said that Forge will never be a "map creator" even though it kind of is, we are still using pre-made objects to create our own environments. Sadly, SDK or any other type of level design software will not be implements ever. Forge is totally different than professional level design from scratch.

Personally I prefer it. I find the full blown map editors too complex and over complicated. All we need are more preset shapes and some new simple pieces like triangles, cylinders, etc

Medina

Proficient
Jan 6, 2014
Southlake, TX
Thanks to Mr. Pokephile, we have this all-in-one video to help clarify what exactly the halo community has wanted for a long time now. A real forge. A complex forge,a long-lasting forge, I'm keeping it short and sweet. Please just watch the video and spread the news. With enough momentum and perseverance, we could get 343i to listen to us. :)

You're Right, But The Question Is. Can The One Handle it?

wizton

Master
Sep 17, 2013
England
www.youtube.com
I can see so many people saying we should keep it simple, but I say this:
I am a big fan of 'Ninja', he is a Halo Top level player who is halrious when he trash talks, he made a long, long video on how Halo 4's competitive skill gap isn't big enough, and 343 had been too nice to the 'noobs' (a.k.a us). I think this same principle is true in forge, with more complexity comes more variation, with more variation comes more enjoyment, and with enjoyment comes a better game. We need extra features, juicy complicated ones that enable the impossible in other, older versions of forge. Halo 5 needs to be a big game, some might say they need to be carefull and save Halo, but I say they need to go for it and bring what the community wants, make Halo 5 the game that brings in features like no other... Give us what we want! :)

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty