Halo Majestic Map pack

GlobalHawk722

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
Washington
this proves absolutely nothing. of course you can get a kill at long range if you fire incredibly slowly! now do the same thing at 25% that range against a moving target who is returning fire with a battle rifle. Not to mention it took about 16 hits to kill the guy in 8-10 shots...? this really is a pointless video. And you are mistaken if you think halo should be have precision starting weapons only. This far in the future damn near EVERYTHING would be automatic and have gyroscopic stabilization and recoil absorption, allowing for sustained fire on distant targets with automatic assault weapons. Im not saying halo should go this direction, far from it, but those are the facts. Things like BRs and DMRs wouldnt exist at all. Not to mention that all human weapons would probably be energy based.

mazdak26

Proficient
first of all, that video proved the range at which the assault rifle was CAPABLE of killing at. If the player was reasonably close, you wouldn't have to control bloom as much as you have to a that range. The second part of your post makes no sense. The only practical reason to have realism in games is to keep from breaking immersion. Games like battlefield, that limit themselves to realism, limit their potential, as well. I say, along with almost everybody else, that Halo should pursue what makes the game play well, not what keeps realism, because it only limits games.

GlobalHawk722

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
Washington
first of all, that video proved the range at which the assault rifle was CAPABLE of killing at. If the player was reasonably close, you wouldn't have to control bloom as much as you have to a that range. The second part of your post makes no sense. The only practical reason to have realism in games is to keep from breaking immersion. Games like battlefield, that limit themselves to realism, limit their potential, as well. I say, along with almost everybody else, that Halo should pursue what makes the game play well, not what keeps realism, because it only limits games.

Allow me to quote myself "Im not saying halo should go this direction, far from it, but those are the facts"
lets be mature here.

GlobalHawk722

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
Washington
and yes, you obviously wouldnt need to control bloom that much at 25% that range, but even if you could you would still lose to a semi skilled BR user. end of story

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Good option to have smaller maps. Still waiting on a a larger forge map with no pre-made structures.

No one used the entire forge world. No one's going to use anything that size regardless of what it is.

@Mazdak I don't understand why that makes an assault rifle too strong. The Magnum behaves in the same way. No one's going to be shooting an assault rifle at long range anyways. All it means is that your shots go approximately where you aim them.

CO BOARDERS

Adept
Jan 13, 2013
No one used the entire forge world. No one's going to use anything that size regardless of what it is.

1. I was not referring to Forge World, but more so a Sandbox type map.

2. I did play a few fun casual games that did use nearly the entirety of Forge World. However, I do agree that they are very few and far between and I could pass on them if needed to make the game work.

I just want a blank canvas with a strong aesthetic. Instead, I feel like I am currently painting on someone else's half-completed canvas. People have been very hyper defensive/critical of the new forge maps. I see and agree with both sides of the arguement. My only observation is that 343 went with the same concept three times, and now have the opportunity via expansion pack to provide something different, which would not negate the other three.

Reactions: Titmar

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Here are the only concept images i know of for the Majestic Map Pack. Let's SPECULATE WILDLY!!! READY, GO!

LANDFALL:
1000px-Landfall_zps72a44f4b.jpg

MONOLITH:
1000px-Monolith_zps50bd45d2.jpg

SKYLINE:
1000px-Skyline_zps771f0d4e.jpg

Landfall reminds me of Longshore right off the bat.
Monolith, I can't really tell anything from that image....
Skyline reminds me of Headlong.

343 stated that their next map pack will have smaller maps in it. We can't really tell the size of the maps from these images at all...
But we can definitely speculate wildly. And that is what I'm about to do:
I think that Monolith and Landfall will be small 4v4 slayer / ctf maps, and Skyline will be another large BTB map.

TravisTheShadow

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
Speculating wildly?! OH BOY!!!!! :D
I think they'll probably make them nothing like the concept art. There's my wild speculation of the day :p

But in all reality, I think these maps seem pretty great. Especially if this video is right: