Halo Majestic Map pack

Zatherla

Novice
Jan 5, 2013
Due to release on Febuary 5th, 2013, along with a new title update. Hopefully this TU will fix some of the issues in forge.

This map pack will feature smaller 4v4 based maps, which is a change from the previous one.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Titmar

Vylex

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
about time were getting some smaller maps getting bored of all these medium to big size maps :|

mazdak26

Proficient
But they are way too useful with barely any means of escape. This is fine in perfectly balanced scenarios as you have to do whatever you can to fight your way out, but when there is the H4 AR, it becomes frustrating to escape from a stream of bullets, much more powerful than yours, that you are supposed to fight directly because of how arena maps are structured.

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
Well then if you think the AR is overpowered in close quarters arena maps, then maybe you should use the AR. Or I use the boltshot with Promethian Vision, that works too.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
thank you Zath for making this topic.

I'm pretty excited about this map pack and the TU... that being said, if the TU doesnt address a lot of the issues with the game.... I will be VERY disappointed. I have faith that they will address all the issues the community has brought up though. I am pretty excited.

I hope the "small maps" are actually small. but not TOO small.... we'll see.

Reactions: Vylex

Zatherla

Novice
Jan 5, 2013
Yeah, halo 4 shipped with a lot of larger scale maps, and it just didn't feel that great for the more competitive community. I think the reason the BTB playlist has the most players is because of this. It's great to see them adding smaller maps, I just hope they're good.

mazdak26

Proficient
Well then if you think the AR is overpowered in close quarters arena maps, then maybe you should use the AR. Or I use the boltshot with Promethian Vision, that works too.
I feel like it makes the game cheap. I don't like to stoop to that level. Plus, it isn't that versatile. It is only when I am stuck with someone who has and AR that I cannot escape that the game starts to get frustrating. The AR should have a much shorter range at which it is better than the rescission weapons, or else, anyone who can spray and pray can kill the best player in the game, potentially.

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
I feel like it makes the game cheap. I don't like to stoop to that level. Plus, it isn't that versatile. It is only when I am stuck with someone who has and AR that I cannot escape that the game starts to get frustrating. The AR should have a much shorter range at which it is better than the rescission weapons, or else, anyone who can spray and pray can kill the best player in the game, potentially.

Well i felt like the AR in Halo: Reach sucked terribly and was not even comparable to the DMR. I think they made the AR as good as it should be in Halo 4. Although, thankfully, I don't see very many people using the AR

mazdak26

Proficient
AR in reach was pretty close to what it should be. Same everything, slightly buffed, can only effectively kill at the range where the entire reticule is on the enemy. That would be perfect

Though to be honest, I don't really think the AR has a place is Halo. There isn't much versatility or skill to it, and buffing it just unfairly rewards no skill. At least the SMGs required you to dual wield, which at least has some sort of dynamic to it.

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
It's true that the AR and other automatics take no skill to use, but it's because they are only effective at close to mid-ish range. If you are good enough, you can still kill someone at close range who has an AR with a DMR. But it is difficult, so I can understand why you dislike the AR

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
Lol i don't hate the AR, I just like precision weapons better. I pretty much always use the DMR for close range, and Boltshot for close range, and Promethian Vision to see them around corners. Boltshot is SOOOOOOOOOO good

Reactions: TravisTheShadow