Halo Majestic Map pack

mazdak26

Proficient
define improperly
Instead of being grossly underpowered to the extent of uselessness, in previous games, the AR is now a weapon that can be in direct competitions with, and will sometimes dominate precision weapons. In a game with as much emphasis on aiming as halo, one should not be rewarded so much for hitting an enemy with a weapon that takes significantly less skill than the DMR. The problem is that if the AR is on par with precision weapons, it becomes overpowered because it can kill as quickly but takes less skill. If it is less powerful, then it will be useless, though it will serve as a balanced way to keep noobs in the game. Automatic rifles don't belong in halo, unless they are power weapons, and we already have the saw for that, making the AR obsolete.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Instead of being grossly underpowered to the extent of uselessness, in previous games, the AR is now a weapon that can be in direct competitions with, and will sometimes dominate precision weapons. In a game with as much emphasis on aiming as halo, one should not be rewarded so much for hitting an enemy with a weapon that takes significantly less skill than the DMR. The problem is that if the AR is on par with precision weapons, it becomes overpowered because it can kill as quickly but takes less skill. If it is less powerful, then it will be useless, though it will serve as a balanced way to keep noobs in the game. Automatic rifles don't belong in halo, unless they are power weapons, and we already have the saw for that, making the AR obsolete.

being a user of both the AR and the precision weapons, i totally disagree with you.

Halo is not a game that is only about precision weapons, its a game that is about its entire sandbox.
in my opinion, a good Halo player should be able to adapt to any situation in combat.

if you are using the DMR and fighting from a distance, and an AR user manages to sprint close enough to you to AR you to death, and you dont react quickly enough to survive, how is that a broken or OP'd weapon? i think it is finally a perfect balance for the AR now. its still a total piece of shit gun at range, but if someone is a CQC style player, it is a perfect fit.

Halo is about all play styles, not just precision play styles.

mazdak26

Proficient
being a user of both the AR and the precision weapons, i totally disagree with you.

Halo is not a game that is only about precision weapons, its a game that is about its entire sandbox.
in my opinion, a good Halo player should be able to adapt to any situation in combat.

if you are using the DMR and fighting from a distance, and an AR user manages to sprint close enough to you to AR you to death, and you dont react quickly enough to survive, how is that a broken or OP'd weapon? i think it is finally a perfect balance for the AR now. its still a total piece of shit gun at range, but if someone is a CQC style player, it is a perfect fit.

Halo is about all play styles, not just precision play styles.

The problem comes when there is no way to run away from the AR at close range. Even with the best strafing, jumping, and aim, killing an assault rifle wielding player is near impossible, something that should never be the case in halo. They should make it so that it's quite challenging, but can be done.

The AR isn't even that shit at range anymore. If you control your bloom, you can still kill way too quickly.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
The problem comes when there is no way to run away from the AR at close range. Even with the best strafing, jumping, and aim, killing an assault rifle wielding player is near impossible, something that should never be the case in halo. They should make it so that it's quite challenging, but can be done.

The AR isn't even that shit at range anymore. If you control your bloom, you can still kill way too quickly.

bottom line is that its just a matter of opinion, i think.

of course a precision player will think that way, because their whole plan just got fucked up because i ran up in there like a boss with the AR and killed them. :p
and of course, an AR player like myself will think my way, since i just ran up in there like a boss. :p

MLPLiam

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
UK
I can't wait! From the concept art alone I'm excited for this map pack the most out of all three. Harvest from Crimson was a nightmare, and Wreckage was a campers paradise. I'm really looking forward to some smaller scale maps put in...and hopefully, they'll fix the achievements for this one. I got two unfairly and when I should have gotten one, I didn't. Smaller maps will suit my playstyle more, since the BR isn't really that effective at long range.

JACKISAWESOME

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
Lol i don't hate the AR, I just like precision weapons better. I pretty much always use the DMR for close range, and Boltshot for close range, and Promethian Vision to see them around corners. Boltshot is SOOOOOOOOOO good
Pretty much what the majority of Halo players use these days. What kind of Support upgrades and Tac packs do you use?

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
Pretty much what the majority of Halo players use these days. What kind of Support upgrades and Tac packs do you use?
I usually use AA efficency and Ammo. I like how much ammo I can get and how long I can last with it, and I like having my AA cool down faster. But I do have other classes I use, the DMR boltshot promethian vision is my goto Infinity Slayer Loadout. I prefer plasma pistol for BTB or CTF, and if I am using an automatic weapon for my primary, I use a magnum for backup. DMR and boltshot is a great class, but no class is perfect for every encounter.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
problem is, DMR vs. AR close range is no chance for DMR. Something that should never be the case in halo.
If you're up close range the AR SHOULD definitely beat a DMR. Just think about it logically, in real life if you were at close range, an assault rifle would make a wall of bullets that would tear through someone where as a semi automatic would only get a few bullets out.

Anyways back on topic: I really hope the TU fixes some things and adds others that are missing. I'm not asking for much but if they add the gametypes that were taken out and add a good file share system I'll be satisfied.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Guys, remember, one of the maps in the DLC (harvest?) was "small-medium" and it was 6v6 sized..

Small is obviously complex size.

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
you guys are just mad cuz i'm a fucking pro with the AR.
there's a reason i only go for you in competitive custom games hahaha. the weapon balance they have now is perfect though, imo

the title update better address all the blatant glitches in gametype settings, and i'm confident they'll improve forge since CA has actually hinted at adding precision editing.

as for the map pack, i hope its worth buying, unlike the last one. Variety please, 343i.

GlobalHawk722

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
Washington

If you get killed by an AR user at mid range while returning fire with a BR or DMR you probably aren't very skilled. Coupled with the fact that very few skilled players use ARs, they really shouldnt be much of an annoyance. Most of the time the people using ARs are CoD players or noobs, and we all know they arent very good without copious amounts of auto aim.

That being said, the only time I will ever use the AR is if i get a lobby full of noobs. becasue i get owned by anyone that is skillful with a headshot weapon.