Halo Is the entire Halo series as we know it becoming old and out of date?

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Ah, I am aware of the countermeasure- but consider that one suit of Spartan armor is worth a whole Battle Group in production cost; the weapons that are mass-manufactured were designed to combat targets that are not shielded, so of course it would be less effective against a Spartan.

The Spartan-IV program weakens this point, since if EVERY soldier had a Mjolnir suit, it would definitely be reason for a countermeasure... Just one of (many) reasons I disagree with the Spartan-IV's presence in the Halo-verse.

I just want to point something out dealing with the bolded part. I have no idea where you got it in your head that a single suit of MJOLNIR armor costs as much as a UNSC Fleet Battle Group. If that were the case don't you think somebody would have pulled the plug on the project for its expenses?

The reality (with in the lore that is) is that the Spartan-II project had an over all budget which would allow the UNSC to build a single new battle group if they canceled the project. This includes upgrades to the MJOLNIR armor system, maintenance and the building of new suits among other things.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I think that 343i has learned from Halo 4, but I don't know if they have learned enough or if they will apply it correctly.

Let's be honest- there's no way that the next game can fail. These people aren't idiots.

I think that the worst case scenario is if the company listens to the community more than they should have, and H5 becomes a beefed up version of Halo 3.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
halo 4 is much much better then it was at launch so they r improving and they said that they had learnt from their mistakes and that is my reasoning for what i said before

That's debatable and it would go under personal opinion. I haven't played much H4 in a few months so I'd have a hard time judging from that, though 343i have attempted to improve the game with new playlists and such.

Oct 18, 2013
I think Halo 5 will bring an entirely new experience to the Halo series. If not Halo 5, then Halo 6. Apparently 343 are trying to hire some professional environment artists to make Halo more free roam. They are trying to make massive worlds for us to play on. This might not turn out as expected though. This seems really interesting and will hopefully make the series far more interesting in terms of gameplay.

Reactions: ShockBolt21

aligator ac

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
United Kingdom
I think that the worst case scenario is if the company listens to the community more than they should have, and H5 becomes a beefed up version of Halo 3.
This is honestly what I agree with. All lot of people think they should have all lot of Halo 3 stuff but mostly those people complain about the game being similar to COD. If they added the H3 stuff, it would become COD that way.

Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
Wasn't halo 4 run on the same engine as reach? If it did, then it might be people wanting the game to feel different because we just want it to feel different, feel new. Not just reskinned and repackaged

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
And yet people still cry out for copies of Halo 3 instead of a new bloody game.

Probably because Halo 3 had a very casual community, lots of amazing custom games and an amazing campaign which it seems to have left alot of peoples minds. I understand that to evolve 343i needs to introduce new things but all I'm seeing in this thread is people complaining, depending on your stand point, a freaking amazing game.

I'd like to see aspects of Halo 3/Reach return but also renewed in such a way that its balanced. Apparently I'm one of few that still wants this to happen, though I could be wrong in my numbers.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Probably because Halo 3 had a very casual community, lots of amazing custom games and an amazing campaign which it seems to have left alot of peoples minds. I understand that to evolve 343i needs to introduce new things but all I'm seeing in this thread is people complaining, depending on your stand point, a freaking amazing game.

I'd like to see aspects of Halo 3/Reach return but also renewed in such a way that its balanced. Apparently I'm one of few that still wants this to happen, though I could be wrong in my numbers.

I am not sure you can define the Halo 3 community as casual when they were foaming at the mouth once Reach and Halo 4 came out.... just saying.

Also I was only remarking on an observation that vocal forum users constantly cry out for what amounts to nothing more than a carbon copy of Halo 3 as a new game.