News HC Weekly Recap June 1st 2015

front-page-weekly-recap.png

Welcome back everyone to this weeks HC Weekly Recap. It may be Monday but fret not, there's some nice juicy things to read down below. So without any further delays, lets get started.

As many of you already know, if you played Halo: TMCC between November to some time in December, then you would be entitled to some compensation. However, we were later told that our compensation would come in the form of Halo 3: ODST (arguably the best campaign out of all the Halo games) and a new map called Remnant, a remake of an age old Relic. See what I did there? The jokes are real! If that wasn't enough, there's also 100 more achievements to get your teeth stuck into, so you guys better get farming. Both Halo 3: ODST and Remnant are now available for free if you played between November/December. If you didn't have the chance to play back then, then you'll be able to pick them up ODST for for $4.99 or £3.99 if you live in the UK. Remnant is completely free, so be sure to check that out at your earliest convenience.

If you thought that was it then you're in for a treat! Halo: TMCC also had a massive update and, paired with Halo 3: ODST, you're looking at an 8gb download. There's a lot to take away from the patch notes but one thing that caught our attention was the fact that we now have some method of file browsing! We done it guys...mostly! The filebrowser is now an in-game thing which is certainly something that we've all been wanting. For the full break down on the host of fixes, click here.

For instructions on how to download Halo 3: ODST, click here and for Psychoduck's first impressions on Remnant, click here.

-Editors note
Apparently customs are still borked somewhat, just a quick heads up.

- - -​

Moving on, we have this weeks Red vs Blue. This week the Reds volunteer to travel to the front line and Wash gives some inspirational words. Truly moving words. While the Reds go on a road trip, the Blues pick up where Locus and Felix left off, trying to figure out who among them could be this so called "True Warrior." Click here to watch the full episode.

- - -

tumblr_np8fdvS6fu1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

SPOILER ALERT!
You've been warned!

After last weeks shocking conclusion, Ben has been sitting in the dark and laying awake at night going over everything that's happened. Paranoid that ONI is just around every corner, he hasn't left his hide out in days. After a thunderstorm the night before, Ben checks his comm pad for any new news and to our surprise Del Rio (who you may know from Halo 4's campaign) is now a UEG senator. Del Rio proceeds to use "The Leak" as a smear campaign against the Chief, but some new intel tells us what really happened on Beko. One day after the leak, the UEG received a communication on an exotic channel. The message was from the Elites claiming they had nothing to do with the incident and asking why the humans were not clearing "The Demon's" name.

On Beko, things look like they're ok. However, Ray Kurzig (Bens friend) discovered that the footage that everyone was seeing was in fact an elaborate ruse. After hacking past the looped footage, Ray sees what was really going on. Protests, riots and martial law. He continued to dig, looking for any new leads on what happened at the embassy and what he found might just help prove that the Chief is innocent if they can get the footage.

If you're interested in listening to the full episode and all previous episodes, click here.

- - -​

Now over Shoe for this weeks Minecraft spotlight. Take it away Shoe.

Flying Shoe ILR: Embarking Zeus (WhitewolfLegend) has been working on a variety of projects. Statring off with a modern styled home, Zeus expanded into a full village, complete with a farm, towers, and a weird stone pillar, the purpose of which has eluded me.

2015-05-31_17.57.20.png

As each building went up they increased in size, which soon lead to a monumental undertaking: a tower that would reach space (or at least the height limit.)

2015-05-31_17.57.58.png

While it's not yet complete, this massive superstructure already amazes!

2015-05-31_17.59.07.png

Thanks Shoe! If you're looking to join our minecraft server then you can find us over at mc.halocustoms.com:25635
- - -
This months games with gold are as follows;
  • Massive Chalice for the Xbox One. Massive Chalice is a turn based RTS game.
  • Pool Nation FX for the Xbox One. One of last months titles for games with gold. Be sure to grab it while you still can!
  • Just Cause 2 (June 1st - June 15th) for the Xbox 360. If you like Michael Bay movies or you're just a fan of explosions, then you'll love Just Cause 2.
  • Thief (June 16th - June 30th) for the Xbox 360. Thief is a stealth based game that released last year, so it's relatively new. Although it's part of an older franchise, this reboot is something to keep your eyes on.

- - -

front-page-content-spotlight.png

This weeks community content spotlight goes to -Orzium-. Though its a short video, it's fitting as it shows the beauty that awaits you once you load up Remnant.

We still don't know why there's a gowst on that map, maybe we never will...

Anyway guys, that about wraps it up for this week. If you have something cool to share then feel free to send me a link on my profile or shoot me a message.

Until next time,
Snack

Oh wow, Shoe thought my builds were good enough for a feature... I should probably go finish that.

Great job as always Snake. Keep'em coming :y: