News Prepare to Drop - ODST Now Available!

front-page-official-news-png.11713

The time come to suit up and drop into the heat of battle in the heart of New Mombasa with up to 3 other fellow ODST's.

The remainder of 343i's "compensation package" has finally landed alongside the latest patch for the Master Chief Collection. You can find the patch notes here.

Halo3-ODST-banner.jpg

Halo 3: ODST, in case you either never played it or have forgotten about its existence, actually takes place towards the end of the Halo 2 story arc from the perspective of characters other than the "Master Chief". Instead the campaign focuses on a squad of ODST in their fight against the Covenant.

So how do I download ODST?

As you can see below users whom have played TMCC before the 19th of December 2014 will receive an Xbox message with a free download key. Alternatively you can also buy the expansion for $4.99/€4.99/£3.99 here.

xboxmessage.png

Is there anything else that's new?

Well yes, in fact there is!

As well as ODST a new map for H2:A "Remnant", a remake of "Relic" from Halo 2, adds another BTB map to the H2:A sandbox. unlike ODST, this new map is free for everyone as part of the latest patch. a picture of it can be found below.

H2A_RelicAnniversary2.jpg

It's also worth noting that our very own Psychoduck will be giving his expert opinion and first impressions of this "new" map soon™.

In the mean time why not post your first impressions of all the content that has dropped today as well as the latest patch in this here thread.

Furthermore why not post a ODST co-op session over on the Customs portion of the site, trust me when I say that ODST has an excellent co-op campaign.

See you in New Mombasa, fellow Orbital Drop Shock Troopers! :cool:

"The ODST update will randomly erase some people’s checkpoints in playlists. One of my friends was about 3/4s of the way through the Halo 2 LASO playlist, and now that is all gone. He still has his Halo 3 LASO progress though."

"Also, if your consoles region is set to a european country, some people, like me will get a bad ODST file download, that won’t install and you will get a "installation stopped" message when it attempts to install it. You know it’s the bad one when the download size for ODST is 7.6GB. Change the region setting to "United States" and the download size will change to 8.1GB. That’s the functioning download. Once that installs, feel free to return to your original region settings."

Just a head's up for everyone.

"Also, if your consoles region is set to a european country, some people, like me will get a bad ODST file download, that won’t install and you will get a "installation stopped" message when it attempts to install it. You know it’s the bad one when the download size for ODST is 7.6GB. Change the region setting to "United States" and the download size will change to 8.1GB. That’s the functioning download. Once that installs, feel free to return to your original region settings."

I've got to hand it to 343i. They actually impress me with how bizarre their glitches are. I mean, how the hell are the region settings connected to download? And why are there two sizes to begin with? Its bewildering. But also impressive.

I've got to hand it to 343i. They actually impress me with how bizarre their glitches are. I mean, how the hell are the region settings connected to download? And why are there two sizes to begin with? Its bewildering. But also impressive.

The reason the install fails is because the download size doesn't match the one on the store, so it gets confused. If you keep mashing the restart installation command eventually it gives in and accepts the install... I'm running the 7.6GB version and I've had no trouble playing co-op with people running the 8.1GB US version ^_^