Halo Halo 4 Weapon Stats

Feb 12, 2013
Dark Void
The Only thing I hate with the Dmr, is how well it effects vehicles. The Dmr should have lower hip fire accuracy that is the only thing I see wrong with the weapon. Mounted turrets seem to bee way better than what they used to be, the Saw should have a little more range, or it is only good in short distance. Plasma grenaides should not have it where you start with two, and the damage it does to tanks is way too high, it takes three to take out a wraith. these are the only things I hate with game play, but what can we do you know?

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
A lot, so...

I'll take each point individually.
  • I agree that the DMR's hipfire should be nerfed.
  • If you haven't noticed, vehicles in general are more fragile than in previous games.
    • Specifically referring to bullet soaking, all of the precision weapons are pretty good at laying the hurt down on vehicles. And if you think the DMR is good, try using the Light Rifle.
    • Plasma grenades are the death of Halo 4's vehicle set. Ghosts are fine at two grenades, but Warthogs should take three, and Wrath/Scorpion should both take around 5. Banshees I could give less about because they can evade grenades quite well, and no one uses Mongooses.
  • I don't believe they changed the default damage values on turrets. However, Gunner does add that speed and damage boost (not the actual abilities, but you get the point). Personally I think it's a balanced ability. You forgoe a lot of other Support Packages, and very few maps have turrets.
  • The SAW has very respectable full-auto range (25m), falling behind only the Needler (Technically travels ~80m before stopping). In addition, you can hit people in excess of 40 meters if you pulse the thing. Recalling that it only takes about 18 shots to kill someone, and you are at 900 RPM, it is fairly competetive and I believe it's balanced fine at the moment.
Hopefully that helps clarify some of the issues you have!

Feb 12, 2013
Dark Void
I'll take each point individually.
  • I agree that the DMR's hipfire should be nerfed.
  • If you haven't noticed, vehicles in general are more fragile than in previous games.
    • Specifically referring to bullet soaking, all of the precision weapons are pretty good at laying the hurt down on vehicles. And if you think the DMR is good, try using the Light Rifle.
    • Plasma grenades are the death of Halo 4's vehicle set. Ghosts are fine at two grenades, but Warthogs should take three, and Wrath/Scorpion should both take around 5. Banshees I could give less about because they can evade grenades quite well, and no one uses Mongooses.
  • I don't believe they changed the default damage values on turrets. However, Gunner does add that speed and damage boost (not the actual abilities, but you get the point). Personally I think it's a balanced ability. You forgoe a lot of other Support Packages, and very few maps have turrets.
  • The SAW has very respectable full-auto range (25m), falling behind only the Needler (Technically travels ~80m before stopping). In addition, you can hit people in excess of 40 meters if you pulse the thing. Recalling that it only takes about 18 shots to kill someone, and you are at 900 RPM, it is fairly competetive and I believe it's balanced fine at the moment.
Hopefully that helps clarify some of the issues you have!

Thanks for listening, and taking time to explain a little to me :y:

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
right now i think the suppressor and the storm rifle could have a littloe more power
and the DMRs bloom to be increased to how it was in reach and then i would say every
single weapon in the game is perfect they also need to bring back the Griffshot and the
needle rifle.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
In the next halo game they should either have the BR or the DMR not both. They're blending Halo 3 and Halo Reach together.

What's wrong with blending past Halos together? What you're saying is something like "they should either have the Mantis or the Falcon, not both. They're blending Reach and H4 together."

Reactions: EagleTitan99

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
They're blending Halo 3 and Halo Reach together.
They're blending Reach and H4 together.

I understand nostalgia, but the reality is that we need a balanced multiplayer. Doesn't really matter what you call a weapon, rather what it actually does.
If they can incorporate both a burst-fire and single-fire weapon with similar kill rates (among other weapons), there's no reason why a DMR or BR couldn't be implemented. As far as the Falcon is concerned, it could surely use a reworking. I'd rather not speculate though.

cam2602

Proficient
Apr 16, 2013
I understand nostalgia, but the reality is that we need a balanced multiplayer. Doesn't really matter what you call a weapon, rather what it actually does.
If they can incorporate both a burst-fire and single-fire weapon with similar kill rates (among other weapons), there's no reason why a DMR or BR couldn't be implemented. As far as the Falcon is concerned, it could surely use a reworking. I'd rather not speculate though.
Completely agree, Falcon needs fixing, it was overpowered when fully manned, but if you couldn't get together with two other teammates it was useless.
I think we should have a halo three style hornet. it would balance against banshee as both had rockets and machine gun type things, also you can use
it on your own rather than having to hunt down teammates to pick up, furthermore as it had passenger, not gunner seats it would actually allow a flag carrier or similar to ride it rather than having to balance on top and get killed by rotors or fall to death.
I miss the hornet

James Maynee

Novice
Sep 10, 2013
It's a joke because the AR was already over-powered.. needs to be decreased A LOT sick of nubs in jetpacks spraying like their life depends on it and getting kills because of the sheer overpowered nature of the AR.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
It's a joke because the AR was already over-powered.. needs to be decreased A LOT sick of nubs in jetpacks spraying like their life depends on it and getting kills because of the sheer overpowered nature of the AR.

Really? lol.. If people are being jetpack heros and getting kills with the AR, there must be one of two problems:

1. Your teammates don't see the guys jetpacking in the air with an AR (which they should, they're jetpacking in the air)
2. Your teammates are trying to shoot the jetpack heros but are missing tons of shots while the spamming jetpack heros are not.. in which case it's the fault of your team.

I'm not going to argue that the Jetpack is balanced (it's not) but the AR certainly is... I wonder what you think about the incineration cannon, rocket launcher, fuel rod gun, the SAW, and everything else with a somewhat limited range that can kill faster than the AR.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
It's a joke because the AR was already over-powered.. needs to be decreased... because of the sheer overpowered nature of the AR.
I'd be interested to find out what you think needs to be decreased. After all, if there's such a "nature" for the AR, I wonder if it would apply to the other automatics.

...spraying like their life depends on it and getting kills
This is the short-sighted perspective behind what people perceive as spraying. Is it a bad thing, that one who uses an automatic should be able to fire at full speed, for as long as it takes to get a kill? The same can be said for Carbine users, as we know only 7 of the 18 bullets need to hit for a kill. Yet, no discrimination is put towards precision weapons, which require "skill" to use in comparison to those pesky automatics.

Try something for me, go into BTB and try to kill a guy with an AR who's more than 20 meters away from you. Assuming a consistent distance between your target during the firefight, you're going to lose. Further distances will decrease this probability. The explicit skill of the automatics is comparatively lower than a precision weapon, but there is a more implicit skill, which is distance management.

Reactions: theSpinCycle
Feb 12, 2013
Dark Void
1-BRs I tell you man, they are only 4 shot, why not just lower the damage so it is more like 4.5 lol. then increase the range a little...
2-Plasma grenades op also to vehicles especially when you spawn with two or more.
3-Maps favor specific weapons so heavily, CQB, or too long range wide spread maps. need more mixture in them, longbow is the only one in my opinion that follows the right rules (long range outside, and Close range inside, and along certain sections of the map) Vehicles are not even needed