Halo Halo 4 Weapon Stats

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
Out of curiosity, nobody seems to have mentioned the "official" power weapons,
The roffle (rocket) launcher
The fuel rod cannon
And the "oh shit! I see a red light! *poof* " incineration cannon.
Thoughts?

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
I do agree that the SR can't kill 2 people in 1 clip, that's just not feasible. I think it needs a power upgrade, but I'm saying it is actually a good weapon to use in objective modes. And NO, the worse weapon is not necessarily better, I'm saying in objective modes (when completing the objective is usually the aim of the game, not just killing) the SR is actually useful, where the AR's pure killing potential isn't the only factor to take into account.

Every game mode has killing.

If the SR provides NOTHING MORE than just killing as well (and I don't know if it has a radar, or something that makes it more useful in objective modes), but it seems abundantly clear to me that whenever I want to kill things, 100% of the time I will take the AR > SR.

And yes, I will test it, but it's not that hard to get 2 kills in one clip. Especially since it's CQC and you factor in a melee.

In a straight up gunfight 1v1 you can spam the AR (and get a hit or two even with the large bloom) without having to worry about an overheat, that factor alone makes it superior in CQC and potentially all around.

There is no advantage that the SR has over the AR in any situation other than.... No honestly, they're so similar in stats yet one seems so much worse than the other.

I'll try the SR more from what you're saying, but I think it will be just as disappointing as the first trail.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Out of curiosity, nobody seems to have mentioned the "official" power weapons,
The roffle (rocket) launcher
The fuel rod cannon
And the "oh shit! I see a red light! *poof* " incineration cannon.
Thoughts?
There's not much to say. The stats are in the spreadsheet in terms to the radii of their explosives. As always, these explosives are going to be a power-grab. I'm mildly disappointed that the Fuel Rod isn't prominent, but besides that, they don't need fixing.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
I think the fuel rod is so OP it's not even funny. Five shots before you need to reload? That's pretty much the entire enemy team unless you're in Big Team. I don't know why people would use it less than rockets, other than it's green (same thing with Carbine :p)

Buzzsaw

Master
Jan 12, 2013
Yes
Incineration Cannon and Binary could use a short charge up function to balance them out a bit more, and the DMR needs a nerf in ROF, bullet magnetism, and aim assist. SR, I'm not sure of, but if it is how you put it, OP, your fix looks fine. Carbine could be a 7 shot kill instead of an 8 shot kill.

That's what I would like to see, among other things.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
I don't know why people would use it less than rockets, other than it's green (same thing with Carbine :p)
Main reason is because it's a spam gun, as opposed to the typical RPG/IC boomstick. If you're not accurate enough to Direct Impact someone with the Fuel Rod, it becomes something like a 3-4 shot kill with use of explosive radius. Plus, the rounds travel a bit slower than the other two.
I'm not saying they should put the Fuel Rod in with all the other ordinance, but in instances where the IC and RPG are initial/random drops, it'd be much better than a 1/16 chance through BTB Ordinance.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
I wish I could get the feel of firing a rapid fire gun accurately. Like the SMG from Halos before. Now I just feel like I'm randomly shooting when I use the AR.

I couldn't care less, the automatic weapons are BEAST in this game O: so much fun running around with a SR and using damage boost with the AR

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
I wish I could get the feel of firing a rapid fire gun accurately. Like the SMG from Halos before. Now I just feel like I'm randomly shooting when I use the AR.
I couldn't care less, the automatic weapons are BEAST in this game O: so much fun running around with a SR and using damage boost with the AR
I personally care a whole lot. Ever played Focus Rifle 1v1s in Reach? That stuff was fun. IMO, automatic weapons would be tons more enjoyable and usable if they just weren't so random. What guy thought "hey, just to make Halo 4 more fun, we'll make the bullets go places other than where you shoot them!" But then again, why would Kevin Franklin make Infinity Slayer?

Reactions: chicktapus33

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
I personally care a whole lot. Ever played Focus Rifle 1v1s in Reach? That stuff was fun. IMO, automatic weapons would be tons more enjoyable and usable if they just weren't so random. What guy thought "hey, just to make Halo 4 more fun, we'll make the bullets go places other than where you shoot them!" But then again, why would Kevin Franklin make Infinity Slayer?

The AR is spot on to me, and the surpressor (supressor?) Is spot on close range as well. To me, the automatic weapons are perfected in this game, i see no randomness except from far range with the SR. I get plenty of kills with the automatics. BTW the baconator (focus rifle) Sucked :<

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
i see no randomness... BTW the baconator (focus rifle) Sucked :<

Here's some weird stuff with the AR (which is a problem in general with H4, but still stands for AR): Start at 4:47.

He's two-bursting and analyzing bullet magnetism.

In addition, if you hold down the AR fire, the reticule expands greatly and the bullets begin to fly in various directions in that large circle. It's practically shotgun size.

I hold to my original point. A gun that shoots where you point it is better than a gun that shoots everywhere. Try getting Focus Rifle kills with your reticule pointing that far away from your target.

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
Here's some weird stuff with the AR (which is a problem in general with H4, but still stands for AR): Start at 4:47.

He's two-bursting and analyzing bullet magnetism.

In addition, if you hold down the AR fire, the reticule expands greatly and the bullets begin to fly in various directions in that large circle. It's practically shotgun size.

I hold to my original point. A gun that shoots where you point it is better than a gun that shoots everywhere. Try getting Focus Rifle kills with your reticule pointing that far away from your target.

If i put the full reticle itself on a person at reasonable range, then i will get the kill unless the player is better than me. All those shots do somewhat move around, but they will all hit if you're at a reasonable range.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Aside from bullet magnetism and "feel", think about this:
- There are only two usable load-out automatics that are efficient. The Storm Rifle, for the most part, is not worth using on a performance basis.
- Suppressor is superior against precision weapons until 10 meters, and the AR until 15. After that, no go.
- AR is superior against precision weapons somewhere below 20 meters. If you win out against a precision after that range, you are probably facing a sub-par opponent that does not know what he is doing.
- Burst firing is not effective with either. You are better off running up and trying to get within the efficient range than trying to fire a few bullets every quarter or half-second.

That being said, AR needs an accuracy buff, and SR a damage buff. Suppressor has a nice niche, but without proper control from other automatics, it can get undermined in team play.

chicktapus33

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
I don't even know
Aside from bullet magnetism and "feel", think about this:
- There are only two usable load-out automatics that are efficient. The Storm Rifle, for the most part, is not worth using on a performance basis.
- Suppressor is superior against precision weapons until 10 meters, and the AR until 15. After that, no go.
- AR is superior against precision weapons somewhere below 20 meters. If you win out against a precision after that range, you are probably facing a sub-par opponent that does not know what he is doing.
- Burst firing is not effective with either. You are better off running up and trying to get within the efficient range than trying to fire a few bullets every quarter or half-second.

That being said, AR needs an accuracy buff, and SR a damage buff. Suppressor has a nice niche, but without proper control from other automatics, it can get undermined in team play.
I completely agree. If I'm firing an assault RIFLE, I want to feel like I'm firing a RIFLE. Not introducing people to "my little friend." ;)

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
If i put the full reticle itself on a person at reasonable range, then i will get the kill unless the player is better than me. All those shots do somewhat move around, but they will all hit if you're at a reasonable range.

That's not the point. The point is that you can get kills even if your reticle is mostly off. This should NEVER happen. You should most certainly not be able to get kills by aiming in the wrong direction. Which is the problem with the Assault Rifle. Your bullet should always hit if it's aimed at the other player, and should never hit if it's aimed somewhere else. Sounds like common sense, but for some reason, it's not true in this game.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I think that the precision weapons are way too powerful relative to the automatic guns. They can stand up to the autos at close range (The ttk head is basically the same as that of an automatic gun), and will always win at long range, so there is little reason to use an automatic gun as opposed to a battle rifle, designated marksman rifle, or light rifle. They take no skill because the game's aim assistance program is so strong. Basically every shot is a headshot because they're so easy to get. Seriously- when was the last time you were killed by a shot from a DMR, BR, or LR that wasn't a headshot?

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Seriously- when was the last time you were killed by a shot from a DMR, BR, or LR that wasn't a headshot?
With the first two, it can happen when you are getting spammed by a group.
A Light Rifle is actually fairly good for killing w/o a headshot, as the difference is only one beam.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
If we can understand this, then why can't 343 :teddy:
Implementing loadouts is fine, just as long as they balance it right. I just don't understand how 343 can go about making such a big change to the multiplayer and end up with a pistol that can kill someone more than 5 meters away from you with one shot. Mistakes happen, but it's another thing to constantly mess up a game.
Thanks for posting this Z3R0FLAME.