Halo Halo 4 Weapon Stats

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
THIS. I cannot honestly remember being respected in a Halo game, lol.

Hell, I cannot remember a time after 1999 where I was respected on a regular basis. Anonymity has given trolls massive power boosts, care.

Yeah, being anonymous gives trolls massive power boosts. Ever played rumble pit on reach? "fuck that. What??? I shot him!! Fuckin' A. Go Fuck yourself kid. WOOOW shotgun Phag"

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Every Automatic weapon is crying right now.
Do you honestly think Assault Rifle rounds taper off into nothingness past 20 meters? Halo seems to.

That's no reason to frustrate people. Realism is the source of almost all evil in FPS games. What idiot would think of adding bloom, spread, sprint, limiting the number of weapons and grenades you can carry, and so forth?

As for the second statement, I'm pretty sure the Assault Rifle has quite the range before its projectiles disappear. Regardless, that's not a reason to add randomness to precision weapons... It should be a reason to remove randomness from automatics. Realism again.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
As for the second statement, I'm pretty sure the Assault Rifle has quite the range before its projectiles disappear. Regardless, that's not a reason to add randomness to precision weapons... It should be a reason to remove randomness from automatics. Realism again.

They don't disappear after 20 meters. The bloom lowers their effectiveness to well below 50% at around 25 meters, and even less beyond. 20m is the magic number because it makes the bloom about 75% accurate, which is viable.

Albreich

Proficient
Feb 4, 2013
Antarctica
They don't disappear after 20 meters. The bloom lowers their effectiveness to well below 50% at around 25 meters, and even less beyond. 20m is the magic number because it makes the bloom about 75% accurate, which is viable.
Compared to Reach the AR has improved :D but some MINOR tweeks are needed. Just to be able to compete with other primaries.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012

Then the issue is that the AR is random.. unless you're trying to say that the AR should have a range as long as the BR in order to compete with it? (Not really sure here)

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Then the issue is that the AR is random.. unless you're trying to say that the AR should have a range as long as the BR in order to compete with it? (Not really sure here)
It doesn't need to be as long as the BR is (because, that would make it infinitely effective), but rather just 25% to 50% more range.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I'm not much of a Suppressor user, but I think it has fantastic advantages in gametypes like Oddball, CTF and KoTH. If you have a Jetpack, the ability to rain Suppressor shots down on your enemies is a massive advantage. I've killed many a ball carrier by raining Suppressor shots down on his head. At close range, it's a monster. You can mow through 2-3 enemies before they can even respawn in a CQC area, and then destroy the Flag Carrier/Ball Carrier (or clear the entire hill). The Suppressor, despite being a "Spray and Pray" weapon, is a powerhouse in objective modes, and should be treated as such.
The Storm Rifle is much more useful than I used to think. It's mid-range accuracy makes it a much better choice than the AR, despite it's CQC limitations. I'm starting to use it more and more, because even though I'm used to the AR, any noob with a DMR can put me down before I kill him. The Storm Rifle shakes up their shots enough to give you increased survivability.
The AR is somewhat of a compromise, lacking the mid-range kill speed of the Storm Rifle and the mowing capability of the Suppressor, but that doesn't make it useless. Playing in a class with Mobility, Dexterity, and a Jetpack, an AR user can rack up multiple killing sprees with an AR. I would know, I've done it before. The AR is still not my favorite automatic weapon, but it's good enough that I use it regularly.
What I think is being missed in this entire thread is a look at the power weapons. The Needler is a monster (as it should be) and doesn't need to be changed now (besides maybe slightly faster needles). The Railgun's charge is a counter for it's 1-hit kill capability, but the time it takes to hit a target over any distance and the massive bullet drop makes it a mid-short range weapon, when it could be a long-range killer too. The slug speed and bullet drop need to be fixed. The Concussion Rifle was toned back a bit, which is good, but it's instant stopping capability is ridiculous. Significant slowdown would make sense, but not instant freezing. That causes concussion-lock and pisses off gamers. The Shotgun and Scattershot have no flaws (besides the Scattershot's BS bullet spread) and the snipers and heavy weapons seem pretty well-balanced (besides some small issues with the SR's massive recoil when you get shot and how slowly it shoots) but the Spartan Laser pisses me off. 4 shots? Really? 4 shots is not enough. Halo 3 had it right with 5. 5 works the best. The sword lunge has some BS lock-on (it sometimes doesn't when it should) and coming out of a sprint with that thing will usually get you killed. The Gravity Hammer, on the other hand, has too small of an insta-kill radius, but too much range. That should get fixed.
That ends my rant. I've commented on secondaries and precision weapons before, so I'm just leaving those out.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Binary Rifle: Add .5 second charge time per shot, make it just a bit harder to land and give the player that split second to move. Plus it's like the Javelin from Mass Effect then, and I love that thing.

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
Binary Rifle: Add .5 second charge time per shot, make it just a bit harder to land and give the player that split second to move. Plus it's like the Javelin from Mass Effect then, and I love that thing.
No way to adding more charge time to the thing, the hit box is small enough, so it's extremely rare you get snap-shoted by it anyway. The giant lazer shining across the map should be enough of an indicator to not go in that direction.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
No way to adding more charge time to the thing, the hit box is small enough, so it's extremely rare you get snap-shoted by it anyway. The giant lazer shining across the map should be enough of an indicator to not go in that direction.
I don't know man, I feel like I get pinged with it pretty often, with no real chance to do anything. No one will pull off a snapshot because of the giant spread when unscoped, but quick scoping isn't very difficult and requires you only have the laser shine for less than a second if you are good. And the fact that it is easier to hit someone with a sniper in Halo 4 than it has ever been combined with the fact that you can aim for the whole body makes this one of the easiest weapons to get a kill with at range. It might have less ammo and a laser to give you away, but I still see it as a bit OP. Adding to recoil time would also help, make it more of a 1 shot chance ins tea of being able to fire again immediately after you miss the first one.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I don't know man, I feel like I get pinged with it pretty often, with no real chance to do anything. No one will pull off a snapshot because of the giant spread when unscoped, but quick scoping isn't very difficult and requires you only have the laser shine for less than a second if you are good. And the fact that it is easier to hit someone with a sniper in Halo 4 than it has ever been combined with the fact that you can aim for the whole body makes this one of the easiest weapons to get a kill with at range. It might have less ammo and a laser to give you away, but I still see it as a bit OP. Adding to recoil time would also help, make it more of a 1 shot chance ins tea of being able to fire again immediately after you miss the first one.

Which is exactly why I suggested adding to the recoil. If I ever get the Binary Rifle, I sit there with a DMR and scope out the map 'til I see a target, then whip out the Binary for a quick kill. The laser sight can be mostly avoided if you have an LR or DMR.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Aside from the opinions you displayed in your rant (which you are entitled to), I wanted to clear up some facts:

The Storm Rifle is much more useful than I used to think. It's mid-range accuracy makes it a much better choice than the AR, despite it's CQC limitations. I'm starting to use it more and more, because even though I'm used to the AR, any noob with a DMR can put me down before I kill him. The Storm Rifle shakes up their shots enough to give you increased survivability.
Not even close on the first one. It's obvious that the SR is less accurate than the AR. First, you have the unshakable evidence that the SR is not a hitscan weapon. The rounds take a feasable amount of time to shoot down-range. Secondy, it has more bloom than the AR, which cannot be calculated through simple methods, but is apparent if you do some simple range testing against a static target. Unless you like the SR's cooldown vs. reload, or like that it kills about 0.1 seconds faster at 100% accuracy, there's no reason to use it over the AR. I've also not found any true evidence that the SR makes the enemy flinch more than the AR does.

What I think is being missed in this entire thread is a look at the power weapons.

I did take a look at the Beam Rifle, which is pretty much the only power weapon (barring the Scattershot, which no one can appropriately treat) that the community has agreed is ridiculous. Other information about other ordinances (minus snipers and melee, which are pretty self-explainiatory) are listed in the spreadsheet.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I'm not talking about specific statistics or kill times, I'm talking about in-game experience and usage. You can look at stats all day, but I judge by those stats coupled with in-game experience, and favor the latter in my opinion. Using quick, controlled bursts to give the SR a little cooldown, it can beat the AR at medium range. I see it happen (a lot) when I play any objective mode. I say objective, because in standard Rumble and Slayer, the AR is going to be favored because the KILL is the goal, so firing as you rush the target is expected and is the typical behavior. The AR's short-range advantage takes over in those modes because of rushing, but in objective modes, the SR can trump it again and again.
The Beam Rifle is one of my favorites (as I'm a sniper) and I completely agree that it needs to be fixed. It's damage, while not as significant as a Sniper Rifle's, is heavily complemented by it's ridiculous ROF. It can fire three shots in the time it takes a normal Sniper Rifle to fire two, and I call bullshit on that.

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
I'm not talking about specific statistics or kill times, I'm talking about in-game experience and usage.
Opinion based on experience =/= facts

You can look at stats all day, but I judge by those stats coupled with in-game experience, and favor the latter in my opinion. Using quick, controlled bursts to give the SR a little cooldown, it can beat the AR at medium range.
This is simply untrue, as the AR has a better range/less bloom, can be far more controlled with the same technique you employ on the SR. It also does as much damage, and can literally kill 2 people in one clip, the SR cannot boast that consistently.

I see it happen (a lot) when I play any objective mode. I say objective, because in standard Rumble and Slayer, the AR is going to be favored because the KILL is the goal, so firing as you rush the target is expected and is the typical behavior. The AR's short-range advantage takes over in those modes because of rushing, but in objective modes, the SR can trump it again and again.
Sorry, but... lolwut?
Killing = killing, regardless of mode, so you are saying that because you're in an objective gametype setting the clearly worse weapon is somehow better?
The numbers show this to be false. Most others experience shows this to be false.

If you have good success, keep using it, because when it does get a buff you will be really good with it! Meanwhile I will find more success with the other loadouts.

The Beam Rifle is one of my favorites (as I'm a sniper) and I completely agree that it needs to be fixed. It's damage, while not as significant as a Sniper Rifle's, is heavily complemented by it's ridiculous ROF. It can fire three shots in the time it takes a normal Sniper Rifle to fire two, and I call bullshit on that.
Agreed
They might as well call it the "Disposable Camera" because it's taking snapshots all day baby!

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
I'm not talking about specific statistics or kill times, I'm talking about in-game experience and usage. You can look at stats all day, but I judge by those stats coupled with in-game experience, and favor the latter in my opinion. Using quick, controlled bursts to give the SR a little cooldown, it can beat the AR at medium range. I see it happen (a lot) when I play any objective mode. I say objective, because in standard Rumble and Slayer, the AR is going to be favored because the KILL is the goal, so firing as you rush the target is expected and is the typical behavior. The AR's short-range advantage takes over in those modes because of rushing, but in objective modes, the SR can trump it again and again.

The halo 1 pistol, the halo 2 rockets, halo 3 banshee, halo reach sniper/'nades, and halo 4 beam rifle. What do all of these have in common? They are incredibly OP for their games, however, they were left the way they were. I understand that the beam rifle is OP, in fact, i laugh at how OP it is. To me, the beam rifle is something that should just be left alone as its already a part of the game and everybody loves it. If you get a beam rifle, do you use it? Damn straight, that things super fun. They did not fix the halo 1 pistol, that made everything a 3-shot festival. They had some problems with the halo 2 rockets (locking on to EVERYTHING) which made it x10 funner than it should have been. they decided to inject steroids into the banshee in halo 3 which did cause problems. In reach, the sniper had insane accuracy for a gun with bloom, yet, everybody loved it. And now, in the present, we have our lovely friend, the beam rifle.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012

Binary Rifle snapshots are ridiculously overpowered. It's a goddamn shotgun and a sniper all in one. Besides, it's not like the shotgun had added functionality scoped or the sniper unscoped.. besides, the whole idea of making the body killtimes the same as the headshot killtimes is stupid. Don't even give people a reason to aim at the head.. and it's a sniper o_O

The Needler is a monster (as it should be) and doesn't need to be changed now (besides maybe slightly faster needles). The Railgun's charge is a counter for it's 1-hit kill capability, but the time it takes to hit a target over any distance and the massive bullet drop makes it a mid-short range weapon, when it could be a long-range killer too. The slug speed and bullet drop need to be fixed.

FASTER needles? o_O That would be insane.. it's already so much more powerful than the Reach needler.. As for railgun, are you sure there's bullet drop? I've seen people binocular across the map to kill people (since you have to unscope to reload anyway, the railgun effectively has a scope).

As for beam rifle, agreed - the unscoped aim assist on that thing is insane. Might actually have worked great if there was no scope on it and a slightly lowered aim assist.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
A few things:
I was just dropping a few opinions, not claiming to be some expert or anything.
The AR can kill 2 people with 1 clip? Sorry, can't agree there. It has the damage capability, and theoretical capability, but when fighting in-game, the enemy is constantly juking and you get lucky if you kill 1 person with an entire clip.
I disagree that the SR can boast better accuracy. It takes a little more time for the shot to hit, but it's shot pattern is consistent in burst-fire. Even if the enemy is juking, leading the target slightly with the SR will get you a kill easily.
I do agree that the SR can't kill 2 people in 1 clip, that's just not feasible. I think it needs a power upgrade, but I'm saying it is actually a good weapon to use in objective modes. And NO, the worse weapon is not necessarily better, I'm saying in objective modes (when completing the objective is usually the aim of the game, not just killing) the SR is actually useful, where the AR's pure killing potential isn't the only factor to take into account.
Yes, the Beam Rifle is pretty awesome because it's OP like the Halo: CE pistol and Halo 2 rockets, but it's gamebreaking in Snipers. Whatever team gets the Beam Rifle just got a massive boost in killing potential because of it's insane ROF and accuracy combination.
I've seen the Railgun slug drop from across the map, and the time for it to hit is kind of ridiculous for it supposedly being a "railgun." As for the Needler, slightly faster needles would be fun, but it may make it OP.

Didn't respond to anyone specifically because it would have taken forever, but you get what I'm saying.