News Halo 4 Matchmaking Update

Halo 4's matchmaking suite has seen many ups and downs in the nine months since the game's release. Issues have ranged from an excess of playlists, to inclusion of poorly designed maps and modes. However, 343i is taking another step towards having a refined matchmaking experience with a new set of updates announced in today's Halo Bulletin.

Currently, the focus is on playlist consolidation. Finally we have a single BTB playlist, and we also have rotational playlists to look forward to, one of them possibly featuring a race game mode. The recent additions of more competitive game modes to the Team Infinity Slayer playlist gives me hope that other playlists will soon follow suit. 343i is also experimenting with requiring DLC for some playlists, just as Bungie did in Halo 3. The Team Infinity Slayer playlist will soon be requiring Majestic DLC, and other playlists may follow suit.

For more summarized details from the Bulletin, as well as some speculation on how the BTB playlist could be improved, check out the video below.

What change coming in this update are you most excited about?​

I agree. My only concern and reason for including the Infinity version of the gametype is the amount of vehicles scattered around every BTB map. Imagine playing Vortex with only on map weapon pickups, yikes... I would much rather see a legitimate vehicle/weapon layout designed for Vortex, but until they do that I figure the Infinity Slayer Pro idea could at least work well with vehicle heavy maps.
Yeah, I suppose, but I consider those maps so broken that they aren't worth playing at all until they fix the vehicle and weapon layouts on them (specifically Longbow, Vortex, Meltdown, and possibly Ragnarok. Exile actually plays better IMO.)

I for one am pretty disappointed at some of this. I approve of consolidation in slayer and btb, but completely disapprove of Dominions removal. There's going to be 5 dedicated 4 v 4 playlists yet they can't make a single squad playlist? I think there should definitely be more attention brought to this.
Dominion Feedback

Well if they keep Complex in the Big Team playlist then I'm going to be angry. COMPLEX SUCKS AS A CTF MAP. Blue base is always easier to get a vehicle into which isn't fair. Why do they even need rotational playlists. Nobody wants to wait for them to return a playlist like what they are doing to KoTH and Dominion. They should at least add Dominion to the Big Team playlist. But yeah Race playlist will be cool but they better add customs race maps and not premade tracks by 343i.

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty
Well if they keep Complex in the Big Team playlist then I'm going to be angry. COMPLEX SUCKS AS A CTF MAP. Blue base is always easier to get a vehicle into which isn't fair. Why do they even need rotational playlists. Nobody wants to wait for them to return a playlist like what they are doing to KoTH and Dominion. They should at least add Dominion to the Big Team playlist. But yeah Race playlist will be cool but they better add customs race maps and not premade tracks by 343i.
I'd like to see both kinds of race maps, premade and ones made by the community. I agree with your statement on Complex and adding dominion to the big team playlist

Reactions: Doncut97
I'd like to see both kinds of race maps, premade and ones made by the community. I agree with your statement on Complex and adding dominion to the big team playlist
I don't want the crappy premade race maps like spire, highlands, and boneyard's premade track.

Played the improved "Big Team Battle" and "Infinity Slayer" playlists today (part of their update). It was a load of SHIT. Every single match was voted Infinity Slayer. There was one case in the BTB playlist where it was a tie between the two modes, and all 8 players necessary voted for Infinity. Psychoduck could tell you himself.

Here's why I believe this happened. Recall that the Infinity Slayer (really it's a mix but anyways) playlist now requires Majestic DLC. So now, it has a really low population count. Because of this, BTB was the only playlist that gave non-DLC players a chance to play their coveted Infinity Slayer.

Thoughts?

Played the improved "Big Team Battle" and "Infinity Slayer" playlists today (part of their update). It was a load of SHIT. Every single match was voted Infinity Slayer. There was one case in the BTB playlist where it was a tie between the two modes, and all 8 players necessary voted for Infinity. Psychoduck could tell you himself.

Here's why I believe this happened. Recall that the Infinity Slayer (really it's a mix but anyways) playlist now requires Majestic DLC. So now, it has a really low population count. Because of this, BTB was the only playlist that gave non-DLC players a chance to play their coveted Infinity Slayer.

Thoughts?
I agree and i played some matchmaking today and most people voted infinity but for me it was always a one vote win. This is because let's say its Haven-Infinity, Solace-Legendary BRs and Adrift-Team Slayer. Solace would get 3 votes, Haven would get 4 and Adrift would get 1. I was hoping to play some thing that are a little more competitive but well, thats life....