Halo Halo 4 is Dead

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
The issue is that the things that are wrong with Halo 4 will never get fixed MM-wide because either 1. Too big of a change 2. Would anger people.

"Feels like Halo" refers to Halo's pioneering of the console arena shooter. Everybody has balanced starts, things are predictable but can be manipulated, metagame is everywhere, randomness is at a minimum (preferably non-existent, but unfortunately not everyone has a ridiculous connection). None of these things exist in Halo 4, although Reach v7 was there. I would go as far as to say Reach v7 was almost better than Halo 3. All it needed was better maps (remakes lack a lot of meta development, that stupid teleporter on Zealot).

The title says Halo, but a lot of what drew console gamers to Halo originally has been lost (and we haven't been given the custom games options to bring it back). Every Halo title is a completely different game.

As for being H4 lacking quality:

Map selection is pretty poor (lol, Settler) and it's weighted incredibly to the BTB side of things (Reach had this issue, in reverse)
Many custom games options don't work (can't toggle off overshields in Dominion last stands)
Most of the Forge glitches from Reach persist (camera issues, rotation snap issues, saving + overwriting issues, etc) with a couple new ones tacked on (magnets are almost always misaligned - try it yourself with coordinates) and with object geometry made even more complicated than it was in Reach (yay, screenlag)
At the time of my above post, terrible weapon balancing (DMR is the only weapon with a reasonable killtime), Boltshot being in loadouts (no, it's not OP - it was a great idea, just shouldn't have given it to people off spawn)
Ridiculous reticule / bullet magnetism (dose curving railguns)
Ordnance punishes you for picking up a weapon by telling everybody you're there (on top of that, you can't place powerups without ordnance anymore)

I'll stop there. There are a bunch of other stupid things that come to mind (Theater being dropped from 4 local players to a single player), but I think you get the point. I wouldn't even care if this game was Reach with updated graphics and a TU DMR, but some of the functionality of Reach and previous games has been taken away as well.

cam2602

Proficient
Apr 16, 2013
4 player theatre,
I'm sorry did you say 4 player theatre
There was 4 player theatre
4 PLAYER THEATRE!
WHY DOES NOBODY TELL ME THESE THINGS!

ps, if it's only local then its not that big of a deal.

4 PLAYER THEATRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh::mad: