Halo Halo 4 is Dead

The population base for halo is getting thinned out as well. There is a lot of content out there for gamers. Halo 4 is still on the top 20 live titles...TWICE!

LIVE Activity for week of April 22nd

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
2 Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
3 EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
5 NBA 2K13
6 Halo 4
7 Battlefield 3
8 Call of Duty: Black Ops
9 GTA IV
10 Skyrim
11 Modern Warfare 2
12 Gears of War: Judgment
13 Borderlands 2
14 EA SPORTS NHL 13
15 Injustice: Gods Among Us
16 Halo: Reach
17 Madden NFL 13
18 Gears of War 3
19 Assassin’s Creed III
20 Forza Motorsport 4

stats from: http://majornelson.com/2013/05/01/live-activity-for-week-of-april-22nd/

The original player population is a skewed statistic on Halo Charts. When the game first came out of course there are more people on that day. When you get a game the first day you play it! Everyone who owned the game the first day played at the exact same time. Now a few months down the line if all the players still played the game, but they only played it once a week you'd expect to see 1/7th of the population per day. 420k/7 = 60k players per day. Sure 30k is less than that, but it surely doesn't mean that only 7% of the original populations still plays the game. A better chart would be UU’s per week or even better UU’s per month to get a better picture of the dwindling halo population.

Reactions: PA1NTS

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I've got a good bit of trouble with how MM is handled.They should:
  • Use alot of good forge maps(especially in the BTB & Flood playlist).
  • Add new game-types(which they are doing).
  • Fix Flood, so they have to sprint and have little-to-no shields.
  • Keep doing what their doing to balance weapons.
Honestly I don't see how Reach is in the top 20, but I sure as hell don't know why MW3(one of the shittiest online games I've ever played) is up there.

Reactions: 0IAH
Jan 30, 2013
U.S. Missouri
hate me or not but I miss halo reach right now and halo 3 halo 4 I could never have tested my maps without this site or play
customs witch is sad since halo reach customs were fun as hell and everyone played them all the time halo 3 had fun big team battles and made more friends than they do now the only good vehicle combat there is, is at exile and its not that good I'd play Valhalla more and fix objectives too. sorry

Reactions: red.i.jedi

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Meh. Halo 4's player list is only going down because of the community. Instead of being a fun/friendly community, we've gone to being complainers. People want a Halo 2 or 3 feel(which means the game is going nowhere) or a next gen feel(which it should be heading). We need to take into account that this is their first game(excluding Halo Combat Evolved Aniversary)
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this ^.^ .

Reactions: red.i.jedi

MockKnizzle

Get Mockfucked
Dec 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Just because the number of unique users is declining doesn't mean a game is "dead".

A dropoff in players is by default expected - there's new games coming out all the time and new things to occupy people's time. It doesn't mean the game is bad or that people have stopped liking Halo. A community can persist for years and years after a game is "past it's prime," just look at the people who still play Halo 1 or Starcraft Broodwar or Garry's Mod or any number of other older games. Any rudimantary custom games/customization functionality and a passionate community is all that's needed to sustain a game.

Reactions: Absentduck

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Just because the number of unique users is declining doesn't mean a game is "dead".

A dropoff in players is by default expected - there's new games coming out all the time and new things to occupy people's time. It doesn't mean the game is bad or that people have stopped liking Halo. A community can persist for years and years after a game is "past it's prime," just look at the people who still play Halo 1 or Starcraft Broodwar or Garry's Mod or any number of other older games. Any rudimantary custom games/customization functionality and a passionate community is all that's needed to sustain a game.

Hah. Halo 4 has had something like 8 million copies sold, and the daily population is 30k? Even if the votes were tallied up differently, there's still a massive gap there. Yesterday, we fell to 27k. We only fell that low in Reach at least a year and a half after its release. It's just not possible to say that Halo 4 has a sizeable population, when compared with other Halo games, at the least.

aligator ac said:
Meh. Halo 4's player list is only going down because of the community. Instead of being a fun/friendly community, we've gone to being complainers. People want a Halo 2 or 3 feel(which means the game is going nowhere) or a next gen feel(which it should be heading). We need to take into account that this is their first game(excluding Halo Combat Evolved Aniversary)​
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this ^.^ .

You guys are basically blaming people not liking Halo 4 for why people don't like Halo 4 :/

The best thing we can do is to encourage people to focus on what they like. Find the active communities that are out there doing what you like, and encourage them to stay active by joining in on their fun and activities. Communities reaching out to other communities helps keep activity alive. Find those active pockets of Halo players and invite them to join in on your fun. Get the word out everywhere you can about the fun you are having. If people don't know what is available, they don't have the opportunity to get involved. Find your "best case scenario" in your Halo gameplay, and share it with the world so they can have the opportunity to experience your best case scenario too. That's the best we can do, and if we do it well, active core communities can continue for the life Halo 4.

Reactions: top shot 125594

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
You guys are basically blaming people not liking Halo 4 for why people don't like Halo 4 :/

The best thing we can do is to encourage people to focus on what they like. Find the active communities that are out there doing what you like, and encourage them to stay active by joining in on their fun and activities. Communities reaching out to other communities helps keep activity alive. Find those active pockets of Halo players and invite them to join in on your fun. Get the word out everywhere you can about the fun you are having. If people don't know what is available, they don't have the opportunity to get involved. Find your "best case scenario" in your Halo gameplay, and share it with the world so they can have the opportunity to experience your best case scenario too. That's the best we can do, and if we do it well, active core communities can continue for the life Halo 4.

To an extent you're right but the point I was getting at is the community gives 343i so much hate and not enough breathing room to try fix some of the problems , instead the majority decides to write about how much they hate the game and what was good about other Halo titles and why these things would make Halo 4 so much more better.

Seriously, I've been on Waypoints forums and I've seen the hate first hand.Although you make a valid point on inviting people in to enjoy the fun , we can't force someone to play a game that they've clearly made up their minds they don't like.

343i doesn't need breathing room to fix their mistakes. They'll either fix them or they won't.They really need to know how unhappy people are so they take the issue seriously. Do you really think all the changes that are being made would have come into effect if people hadn't bitched so hard about them? There are still a ton of aspects of the game that are broken. Seriously, broken.

I assume your issue is that when you read all that garbage over there, it doesn't feel good. It becomes annoying. It drags you down. That's why I don't go there ;)

I didn't say to try and force people who don't like Halo 4 to play Halo 4. I specifically said find other pockets of active communities. My point is we can't fix Halo or our own experiences with Halo by *merely* bitching. Clearly state what you don't like about it so the developers get your opinion, then it's up to them. Vent about it some to your friends to get it off your chest, than move on and try to find happier days, because the alternative is to get stuck bitching and unhappy. Believe me, I've been there, can still get put there. But I'm choosing to *try* and focus on the positive, remind others to do the same. After all, would you rather get stuck frustrated because things aren't as you'd like them, or would you rather be caught up in a moment of fun? <<that one sounds moar fun :D

I'm just trying to encourage people to be a part of the solution, that's all.

Reactions: SpinCycle014

aligator ac

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
United Kingdom
343i doesn't need breathing room to fix their mistakes. They'll either fix them or they won't.They really need to know how unhappy people are so they take the issue seriously. Do you really think all the changes that are being made would have come into effect if people hadn't bitched so hard about them? There are still a ton of aspects of the game that are broken. Seriously, broken.

I assume your issue is that when you read all that garbage over there, it doesn't feel good. It becomes annoying. It drags you down. That's why I don't go there ;)

I didn't say to try and force people who don't like Halo 4 to play Halo 4. I specifically said find other pockets of active communities. My point is we can't fix Halo or our own experiences with Halo by *merely* bitching. Clearly state what you don't like about it so the developers get your opinion, then it's up to them. Vent about it some to your friends to get it off your chest, than move on and try to find happier days, because the alternative is to get stuck bitching and unhappy. Believe me, I've been there, can still get put there. But I'm choosing to *try* and focus on the positive, remind others to do the same. After all, would you rather get stuck frustrated because things aren't as you'd like them, or would you rather be caught up in a moment of fun? <<that one sounds moar fun :D

Thank you. What I've wanted to say.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland

I understand what you mean by that , complaining gets us somewhere but my point was when people are posting and all it is , is shear hate.No opinions or advice , just hate.That is what annoys me and bothers me.Imo 343i needs room to breath and by that I mean feedback , and not constant bitching from the community.I'm hoping this makes sense? I just find it annoying when people complain about this , that and the other without wording so it gives some form of feedback.

And you're right , without communities like this Halo would be alot less active , that being said its difficult to find other sites or other players from those sites so that we can bring Halo back to what it was for all of us , a fun game that can be played with friends to make it even better ^.^ .