Halo Halo 4 is Dead

AzureXPD

Adept
Feb 8, 2013
Herefordshire, Britain
Well, in response to the main thread, this site and others like it are keeping Halo alive. Halo 4 is more than decent, its more fun than COD in my opinion. So stop complaining, but if you must, refer it nicely to 343. The worse we are to them, the worse their going to give us.

i agree %100 with that, we need to stop moaning about every small thing and get on with it, either stop playing or stop moaning, because moaning ruins games more

Reactions: Fuzzle

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
i agree %100 with that, we need to stop moaning about every small thing and get on with it, either stop playing or stop moaning, because moaning ruins games more

Well I wouldn't say that , I'd say instead of bitching and moaning they give feedback instead.Nothing can be improved without feedback , good or bad.I just disagree with the way alot of the community does it.

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
Well I wouldn't say that , I'd say instead of bitching and moaning they give feedback instead.Nothing can be improved without feedback , good or bad.I just disagree with the way alot of the community does it.
What I meant is, give feedback, but don't tell them that they're horrible at making games, or they'll ignore you and listen to the kind, polite ones. And remember, this is their first game. Its great, but their still learning the ropes.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
What I meant is, give feedback, but don't tell them that they're horrible at making games, or they'll ignore you and listen to the kind, polite ones. And remember, this is their first game. Its great, but their still learning the ropes.

You see this , I can understand better. Couldn't have worded it better myself ^.^ .

Reactions: AzureXPD

AzureXPD

Adept
Feb 8, 2013
Herefordshire, Britain
You see this , I can understand better. Couldn't have worded it better myself ^.^ .

i agree with you there. It is their first game and tbf, they have done really good for a first game. There are a few things that need to be sorted out, but a first game is never perfect. They are also thinking about where Halo as a franchise could go in the future, instead of keeping the game exactly the same each time, in which it would be pointless in buying the new game if it was the same each time, so I think they've done good and I enjoy playing Halo 4

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
i agree with you there. It is their first game and tbf, they have done really good for a first game. There are a few things that need to be sorted out, but a first game is never perfect. They are also thinking about where Halo as a franchise could go in the future, instead of keeping the game exactly the same each time, in which it would be pointless in buying the new game if it was the same each time, so I think they've done good and I enjoy playing Halo 4

This ^^^^

Reactions: AzureXPD

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Halo isnt dying. Its the fans that are because they (we) have been spoiled rotten by games in every series, not just Halo. The overwhelming majority of "feedback" given is more or less a child bitching that they cant have it tailored around them and their desires.

No game is ever designed like that.,

Most of the constructive feedback is still heavily colored by that persons preferences. Sure it might make the game better for them but not for the rest of us. Dont get me wrong there have been some killer ideas out there on improvements to Halo 4 and actual feedback (not bitching like a 6 year old) is definately welcome by me. People do however have to remember that their suggestions are colored by their own personal perferences and desires (even mine).

That being said I have been on Halo 4 at 12:00PM Central time (basically peak US hours) and there is more people in a single playlist then in all of matchmaking for Halo 3 (also at peak US hours). That doesnt sound dead to me.

To be honest I am glad that those hordes of people are gone as it seems all they really wanted was a carbon copy of Halo 3 instead of a new game all together. I almost laugh at them, ok well I do laugh at them. So many say that Halo is becomming Call of Duty now (which it isnt) yet what game do they go off to play? Call of Duty....

Anywho, Halo isnt dead. It is being reborn. Its not supposed to be the same experience as before. Fans will be fans and haters will be haters. Fortunately Halo 4 seems to have weeded out many of the people who were only in it for bragging rights (or so it seems to me). Halo will still be successful as a franchise and the way I see it, that wont change no matter how bitchy people get.

theSpinCycle

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Halo isnt dying. Its the fans that are because they (we) have been spoiled rotten by games in every series, not just Halo. The overwhelming majority of "feedback" given is more or less a child bitching that they cant have it tailored around them and their desires.

No game is ever designed like that.,

Most of the constructive feedback is still heavily colored by that persons preferences. Sure it might make the game better for them but not for the rest of us. Dont get me wrong there have been some killer ideas out there on improvements to Halo 4 and actual feedback (not bitching like a 6 year old) is definately welcome by me. People do however have to remember that their suggestions are colored by their own personal perferences and desires (even mine).

That being said I have been on Halo 4 at 12:00PM Central time (basically peak US hours) and there is more people in a single playlist then in all of matchmaking for Halo 3 (also at peak US hours). That doesnt sound dead to me.

To be honest I am glad that those hordes of people are gone as it seems all they really wanted was a carbon copy of Halo 3 instead of a new game all together. I almost laugh at them, ok well I do laugh at them. So many say that Halo is becomming Call of Duty now (which it isnt) yet what game do they go off to play? Call of Duty....

Anywho, Halo isnt dead. It is being reborn. Its not supposed to be the same experience as before. Fans will be fans and haters will be haters. Fortunately Halo 4 seems to have weeded out many of the people who were only in it for bragging rights (or so it seems to me). Halo will still be successful as a franchise and the way I see it, that wont change no matter how bitchy people get.

Everybody has personal preferences. Should all feedback be disregarded, then?

Bitching is annoying. But there's a reason people are bitching, and those reasons haven't been fixed, so inevitably people will still bitch. Part of the reason people are bitching is because Halo 4 is a terrible game and is barely Halo. This comes from a person who puts v7 Reach over H3.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler

Bitching is annoying. But there's a reason people are bitching, and those reasons haven't been fixed, so inevitably people will still bitch. Part of the reason people are bitching is because Halo 4 is a terrible game and is barely Halo. This comes from a person who puts v7 Reach over H3.
343 is constantly trying to make up for the things people are bitching about, they care for the community, but the people bitching are never satisfied. They dont want a better halo 4 experience but simply the older games back. H4 has become one of my favourite halo games, thats because 343 tries something new with the franchise. Its not up to you to decide if its halo, i personally have the fun and the chills i got from previous titles. Calling the game terrible without any arguments is just immature and leads to believe that you have no idea what you are talking about. Halo 4 is not perfect nor has ever halo game ever been. But just look at it now, its not the same game we got on launch and im having a great experience with the changes that were made. That said im looking forward to the weapon tuning update and the implementation of new maps in MM, good day

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
343 is constantly trying to make up for the things people are bitching about, they care for the community, but the people bitching are never satisfied.

Well they care about the MM Community. :p

Customs hasn't seen really any updates, and there's a few things to either add, bring back, or just to fix in general.
But I suppose customs are the minority.

shrugs shoulders

I don't like Halo 4, but I can see they are at least trying new things, and are trying to fix things. :)

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
343 is constantly trying to make up for the things people are bitching about, they care for the community, but the people bitching are never satisfied. They dont want a better halo 4 experience but simply the older games back. H4 has become one of my favourite halo games, thats because 343 tries something new with the franchise. Its not up to you to decide if its halo, i personally have the fun and the chills i got from previous titles. Calling the game terrible without any arguments is just immature and leads to believe that you have no idea what you are talking about. Halo 4 is not perfect nor has ever halo game ever been. But just look at it now, its not the same game we got on launch and im having a great experience with the changes that were made. That said im looking forward to the weapon tuning update and the implementation of new maps in MM, good day

Wise words mc Fuzzle..

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
Well they care about the MM Community. :p

Customs hasn't seen really any updates, and there's a few things to either add, bring back, or just to fix in general.
But I suppose customs are the minority.

shrugs shoulders

I don't like Halo 4, but I can see they are at least trying new things, and are trying to fix things. :)

it's true, we custom gamers have been left out, but we have such a creative community we can push H4 beyond its capabilities, constantly figuring out new gametypes and minigames. The fact that they are not banning mods is a huge thing for us as well.
The greatest halo custom games have been created in such a limited forge like Halo 3, this restriction isnt a good thing but it forces people to find ways around the limitations 343 gave us. we recreated and invented so many awesome maps and there's new forgers popping up every day sharing their content.
although we didnt receive any love from 343 regarding the custom game community i still very much enjoy being here with you guys and playing these games.
just a place bursting with creativity!

cam2602

Proficient
Apr 16, 2013
it's true, we custom gamers have been left out, but we have such a creative community we can push H4 beyond its capabilities, constantly figuring out new gametypes and minigames. The fact that they are not banning mods is a huge thing for us as well.
The greatest halo custom games have been created in such a limited forge like Halo 3, this restriction isnt a good thing but it forces people to find ways around the limitations 343 gave us. we recreated and invented so many awesome maps and there's new forgers popping up every day sharing their content.
although we didnt receive any love from 343 regarding the custom game community i still very much enjoy being here with you guys and playing these games.
just a place bursting with creativity!
I agree, 343 may not be helping us but they're also not stopping us, they let this website run, they let people put mods in their fileshares, they let us find glitches and exploit them(underwater:)). I say good on them for such an impressive first game, it's only a shame that the failings of xbox one will hold back halo 5.
But I'm getting xbox one when halo 5 comes out anyway, because I trust them to do a good job and I wish everyone else did to.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart

Please consider my post again. I did not say that they should throw out all feedback but rather understand that any feedback is colored by that individuals experiences and preferences. It simply does not hold true for everybody out there. Its an awareness issue really. Many people who give feedback in a constructive manor still forget that their experiences are not what other people will have. Some might encounter the same issue and some wont. Others will encounter it however through their eyes it is either minor or just not worth the time to mention.

In another thread I mention people wanting the "Halo 3" experience back again or that "Halo feel". To those people I repeatedly say this:

If you want the Halo 3 experience then put in that damn disc and go play it. Halo 4 is not supposed to be Halo 3. It is ment to be different. This is a good thing as it shows progression in the game instead of stagnation.

So what if you think it doesnt "feel like Halo". To me it does, a far more evolved and complex Halo than before with huge amounts of potential and possibilities. Your entitled to say it doesnt "feel like Halo" but for the love of what every deity you pray to or dont pray to, do not try to push it as fact for the rest of us. It might be a fact for you but that is where it stops. To many it does feel like Halo. That is fact for them (including myself). Yet time and again I (and others that I have spoken to) have been out right hated for feeling the way we do simply because we dont jump on the bandwagon.

Also, you might think Halo 4 is terrible but that doesnt make it true for anybody else other than yourself. I truly enjoy playing Halo 4 far more than any other Halo game out there. Yet again this boils down to a personal opinion on the game. What is true for me is not for you and vice versa.

As for the bitching it seems to be more of a case of people bitching for the sake of bitching rather than trying to accomplish anything. Not one thread of bitching has caused change to the game. Reasoned and constructive feedback has however. Just as it should. Even if all the current "issues" (I put it in quotes because for everybody the issues are different) with Halo 4 are corrected they will still bitch because it is what people do. The best I can hope for is them eventually shutting the fuck up and going back to Halo 3 and staying there. Unfortunately that doesnt happen too often as they seem to find (in my experience) no more enjoyment there then on Halo 4.

Back to the original question for this thread, I say again Halo is not dying but being reborn. It is evolving and we as players must evolve with it or be stuck in the stagnant past with no gaming future. This vision has huge potential and many possibilities for greatness. It is sad when people refuse to even give it a chance because they are too busy looking backwards.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Please consider my post again. I did not say that they should throw out all feedback but rather understand that any feedback is colored by that individuals experiences and preferences. It simply does not hold true for everybody out there. Its an awareness issue really. Many people who give feedback in a constructive manor still forget that their experiences are not what other people will have. Some might encounter the same issue and some wont. Others will encounter it however through their eyes it is either minor or just not worth the time to mention.

In another thread I mention people wanting the "Halo 3" experience back again or that "Halo feel". To those people I repeatedly say this:

If you want the Halo 3 experience then put in that damn disc and go play it. Halo 4 is not supposed to be Halo 3. It is ment to be different. This is a good thing as it shows progression in the game instead of stagnation.

So what if you think it doesnt "feel like Halo". To me it does, a far more evolved and complex Halo than before with huge amounts of potential and possibilities. Your entitled to say it doesnt "feel like Halo" but for the love of what every deity you pray to or dont pray to, do not try to push it as fact for the rest of us. It might be a fact for you but that is where it stops. To many it does feel like Halo. That is fact for them (including myself). Yet time and again I (and others that I have spoken to) have been out right hated for feeling the way we do simply because we dont jump on the bandwagon.

Also, you might think Halo 4 is terrible but that doesnt make it true for anybody else other than yourself. I truly enjoy playing Halo 4 far more than any other Halo game out there. Yet again this boils down to a personal opinion on the game. What is true for me is not for you and vice versa.

As for the bitching it seems to be more of a case of people bitching for the sake of bitching rather than trying to accomplish anything. Not one thread of bitching has caused change to the game. Reasoned and constructive feedback has however. Just as it should. Even if all the current "issues" (I put it in quotes because for everybody the issues are different) with Halo 4 are corrected they will still bitch because it is what people do. The best I can hope for is them eventually shutting the fuck up and going back to Halo 3 and staying there. Unfortunately that doesnt happen too often as they seem to find (in my experience) no more enjoyment there then on Halo 4.

Back to the original question for this thread, I say again Halo is not dying but being reborn. It is evolving and we as players must evolve with it or be stuck in the stagnant past with no gaming future. This vision has huge potential and many possibilities for greatness. It is sad when people refuse to even give it a chance because they are too busy looking backwards.

Not this is what I've been trying to say but failing horribly at wording it , thank you for being awesome ^.^ .

cam2602

Proficient
Apr 16, 2013
I disagree.
Halo is dying, bungee's halo.
But like the mighty Phoenix, out of the flames and ashes is rising something new and beautiful, a new Phoenix, 343's halo.
It is still halo, but it is new and beautiful and amazing in new and miraculous ways. We just have to accept that as the Phoenix is still a Phoenix, and halo is still halo, it will never quite be the same.
And we shouldn't want it to be.