Gaming Games that everyone loves but you don't

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Hello gentlemen/ladies/transvestites

I am curious as to what games you guys do not like/get but everyone else seems to love.

For me, it's Call of Duty (I'm sure a lot of people would back me up on this one.) and Guitar Hero.

I play a little guitar myself but I just can't seem to learn how to play Guitar Hero right.

The Final Fantasy games that are turn-based also bored me a little.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Call of duty, pokemon are the first two that come to mind. But I also feel this way about jump rope, jenga tower, crash-up derby, hot potato, and Speed Halo. How the heck could anyone enjoy that junk?

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Pokemon , Final Fantasy , Kingdom Hearts , Legend of Zelda , WoW , Fifa and probably Guitar Hero. But thats all that comes to mind at the moment :laugh:.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Kingdom Heart
Final Fantasy
Cow a Dooty
Fable 3
Lego Games
Cow Clickers (E.G. Farmville)

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Hmm. You guys above say Kingdom Hearts, I respect your opinion. With that said, you guys must be heartless or just a couple of nobodies ;) Clearly those who "don't understand" Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, or Legend of Zelda, don't have a childhood. Or they're just too young to understand :p Anyone who doesn't love at least one of those games isn't a true gamer.

The only game I think I can list, in response to this thread, is CoD of Duty.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Hmm. You guys above say Kingdom Hearts, I respect your opinion. With that said, you guys must be heartless or just a couple of nobodies ;) Clearly those who "don't understand" Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, or Legend of Zelda, don't have a childhood. Or they're just too young to understand :p Anyone who doesn't love at least one of those games isn't a true gamer.

Oooooor they just don't like the games :eek:.... its a shocking concept I know :laugh:.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Clearly those who "don't understand" Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, or Legend of Zelda, don't have a childhood. Or they're just too young to understand :p Anyone who doesn't love at least one of those games isn't a true gamer.
I played pokemon when I was a kid and loved it. Now I look back at the game and realize how horrible it is. It's extremely low quality, even the most modern ones. You get stuck all the time. And half of the players cheat and get themselves infinite master balls and legendary level 100 pokemon. And then there are these dumb obstacles, like in Diamond, when there's a psyduck lying in your way and you need to get past. Why can't you just walk around it? step over it? step on it? kill it? But no, you need to run to some distant city, find some girl, and use her magic necklace or something to get it to wake up and move. Also in this game, kids spend hours of their lives running around in tall grass and continuously killing weak pokemon to slowly level up. It takes forever, and it's so darn boring. The concept is good, and they could make a great game out of it if they made it of higher quality, but it sucks as of now, and it always has.

Kingdom Hearts I've never heard of until sixth grade, and Zelda is just fun as hell.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
I played pokemon when I was a kid and loved it. Now I look back at the game and realize how horrible it is.
Well, duh. People can look back at pong and say, "Wow that was a boring game compared to now." Doesn't mean it was a bad game, just because it's dated. You loved pokemon when you were little. After playing it so much you grew out of it. Most games get boring after some time.
It's extremely low quality, even the most modern ones.

Bad quality = A bad game? :teddy: First of all, quality is somewhat of a preference. Players can look at borderlands and love the graphics or think it is bad quality. Eventually, all games will have "bad quality" graphics because games are constantly being upgraded. Thus, all games will eventually become bad games because they are not up to date with current graphics? :teddy:
And then there are these dumb obstacles, like in Diamond, when there's a psyduck lying in your way and you need to get past. Why can't you just walk around it? step over it? step on it? kill it?
That's part of the story. Like most games, you reach an obstacle and must overcome it. Sure they could have been more original, but it pushes the story along and I don't see too many people complaining about that. If you want to kill stuff go play another game.
Also in this game, kids spend hours of their lives running around in tall grass and continuously killing weak pokemon to slowly level up. It takes forever

Kids spent hundreds of hours playing any videogame. What's your point?
The concept is good, and they could make a great game out of it if they made it of higher quality, but it sucks as of now, and it always has.

Yeah it sucks so much... That's why in 2005 Pokemon had already grossed over 30 billion dollars :teddy:
Kingdom Hearts I've never heard of until sixth grade
You sir, live under a rock.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
I hate CoD games, GTA and Saints Row. Any game that promotes violence on civilians just is not good in my book. It makes actual tragic events that happen day to day (airport shootings not as frequent of course) a joke. Kind of a sick punchline and it, to me, demeans anybody who has survived such an event.

Pong, PAC Man and Frogger are where it is at. Also LoZ is amazing. Not sure how anybody could hate LoZ but to each their own I suppose.

Now I am off to play some Sins of a Solar Empire.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I hate CoD games, GTA and Saints Row. Any game that promotes violence on civilians just is not good in my book. It makes actual tragic events that happen day to day (airport shootings not as frequent of course) a joke. Kind of a sick punchline and it, to me, demeans anybody who has survived such an event.

Pong, PAC Man and Frogger are where it is at. Also LoZ is amazing. Not sure how anybody could hate LoZ but to each their own I suppose.

Now I am off to play some Sins of a Solar Empire.

Don't worry. You're not the only one who hates COD here. :)

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Eventually, all games will have "bad quality" graphics because games are constantly being upgraded.
I was going to argue that the quality of pokemon games have remained generally the same and hasn't improved much, gut I looked up pokemon x on google images, and I had no idea that it had improved that much. It's still relatively low compared to other modern games, but certainly moving in the right direction. Forget my argument about quality. BTW I wanna see what the series will be like in 15 years.

My point here is that they're not spending much time battling or overcoming the obstacles, which are the fun parts of the game. Instead, they find their favorite training location and sit there for hours beating the same weak pokemon over and over and over and over, which is just a pure waste of time.

Also, I think that the game will really get good when it becomes more like the TV series. In the show, Ash had the entire world to explore, and he could do whatever he wanted, not limited by sleeping psyducks or other BS obstacles like that. The battles were realistic and looked engaging and fun, and if you could let the gamers battle more like that (the in-game battles are pretty pathetic), then you're talking about some real fun. It would be nice if they could create a skyrim-style pokemon game. Make the environment into more of a real world. Make the objects, events, and battles more realistic. Make the game more expansive, with more options. The concept of pokemon is great, but I think it was quite difficult to make a good game out of it with the technology they used all those years ago. But in the future, hopefully they will improve upon it.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
Well, duh. People can look back at pong and say, "Wow that was a boring game compared to now." Doesn't mean it was a bad game, just because it's dated. You loved pokemon when you were little. After playing it so much you grew out of it. Most games get boring after some time.

Bad quality = A bad game? :teddy: First of all, quality is somewhat of a preference. Players can look at borderlands and love the graphics or think it is bad quality. Eventually, all games will have "bad quality" graphics because games are constantly being upgraded. Thus, all games will eventually become bad games because they are not up to date with current graphics? :teddy:

That's part of the story. Like most games, you reach an obstacle and must overcome it. Sure they could have been more original, but it pushes the story along and I don't see too many people complaining about that. If you want to kill stuff go play another game.

Yeah it sucks so much... That's why in 2005 Pokemon had already grossed over 30 billion dollars :teddy:

You sir, live under a rock.

whats kingdom hearts
also i dont like gta, cod, mmo pc games and most other pc games also zelda might as well ad lego games as well

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
whats kingdom hearts
also i dont like gta, cod, mmo pc games, for some reason ODST and most other pc games also zelda might as well ad lego games as well
It's an action RPG on playstation 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts
It's a really beautiful and original game. IGN rated it at 9.0. Kingdom Hearts III is under production at the moment and will be the first Kingdom Hearts game to be released on a Microsoft platform. I grew up playing it as a kid and I absolutely loved it. Seeing another addition to the saga being released soon (especially on the Xbox) makes me really excited ^.^

Reactions: a ninja samuri