[Feb 9, 2013] TGC customs (A Hybrid Hammer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karima

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Myself and some of my European Grifball League (EUGBL) team will be hosting some custom games.
The Grif Crowd are proud to present TGC Customs night.
8pm GMT start
Saturday 9th February
Be aware that the time may vary depending on league fixture times
What will be involved?
Ro sham Bo
Husky Raid
Grifball (obviously)
CTF
Search and Destroy
Nazi Zombies
Flood
and
Competitive Slayer on remakes, such as;
Sword Base
Asylum
Warlord
Ascension
Arena Zealot
Asphalt
Lockout
Countdown
Longest
Guardian
Uncaged
The Pit
How to join?
Message me between 7 and 8pm GMT on Saturday the 9th
This will guarantee you first invite.
Invites will be sent on a first come first serve basis
Therefore, if i recieve 30 messages asking for invites, the first 15 will be invited first..
When spaces are available i will begin inviting again
On another note
This is my FINAL attempt at hosting a game night.
If you want to join, you message me between the times stated above.
Disrespect will result in a kick.
Racism = kick.
Rage quit = banned from any future game nights. Why banned? I dont want rage quitters in my games.

Nondual

Be in the Now
(Sorry for the length of this message, I kind of got carried away. You don’t have to reply to all this, I’m just trying to help.)

Hey man, so I was thinking a bit more about your dilemma finding cool and mature people to play with. And people quitting out. Part of the issue might be the “type” of games you’re hosting. I looked at your lobby and you have a lot of flood/ minigames that you want to play as well as competitive gametypes. From my experience these two types of games don’t mix very well. In general “minigame and flood players” just don’t like competitive games very much. And vice versa Obviously there are exceptions though (like you.)

Another thing is that flood and mini games tend to attract younger players. These players tend to be more immature, and quit out more often. But as always, there are exceptions. I could be totally wrong, but it seems to be what I’ve noticed.

If you want to try hosting more competitive games, that might help you find more mature players that communicate better. I’ve set up some guidelines in this group: http://halocustoms.com/threads/casually-competitive-customs-and-testing.2046/
And if you’re willing to somewhat follow them, you are welcome to post your game in that thread, and that might help you get a few more players. I would also be willing to promote your games in the facebook group that I run, and then attend the games for a little bit myself. I would especially like to look at some of those remakes you’ve got listed.

I can’t guarantee that a lot of guys will show up, because we don’t normally play this early in the day (most of us live on the American continent.) But we should be able to get a couple of guys. How many people were you planning on having show up from your group?

Another thing you can try is setting an age limit for your lobbies, like players need to be at least 17 years old or something like that. Also you might try having more descriptive title for your thread. You can check out one of my lobbies for reference: http://www.halocustoms.com/threads/jan-17-2013-nondual’s-casually-competitive-customs-and-testing-o-nondual-o.1210/

Lastly you could also talk about what kind of players your looking for in your game lobby threads, or make a thread on this site talking about what kind of players you’re looking for. And also mentioning that you’re over in Europe would probably help too. Again, like I mentioned when we had that conversation in the chat box, filling up a silver account with people who like play similar styled games might really be helpful to you in the long run. And then as you get to know people more, you can add them to your main account.

Let me know what you think. And again, hopefully this is helpful. : )

Karima

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
All pretty damn useful. ill consider this or my next game night. Ill try another after this one despite how unsuccessful it currently looks, just to see what happens

Nondual

Be in the Now
I posted a link to this in the facebook group that I run. And I'm going to post a link to this in the Casually competitive group here. We should be able to get a few people, even if they don't RSVP. How many of your friends do you think will be able to attend?

Karima

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
I WILL ADD ONE THING TO THIS TOPIC::::

BE PREPARED to play any of the above games. In lobby i will cast a vote. Minigames, competitive OR both. The majority vote will be the theme of the night

Status
Not open for further replies.