Data Lost [Feb 26, 2017] Squally's Sunday Skirmishes - Halo 5 (XONE)

This content is incomplete due to being reliant on a site add-on which is no longer in use.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2015
I have a map, its infection so its not competitive but still fun its called Backwash and can run with any infection gametype with shot gun and energy sword

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
I have a map, its infection so its not competitive but still fun its called Backwash and can run with any infection gametype with shot gun and energy sword
Unfortunately, this is not the place to be if you're looking to test infection maps. This is a lobby for core map testing only. I know there are many other lobbies and individual forgers out there that would be willing to play infection :)

ImDahUnicorn

Novice
Mar 24, 2015
map: Javelin
gametype: slayer/strongholds/ctf (in that order of how good they play)
creator: ImDahUnicorn

I'm not able to attend the lobby but plz play the map this time -_-

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
map: Javelin
gametype: slayer/strongholds/ctf (in that order of how good they play)
creator: ImDahUnicorn

I'm not able to attend the lobby but plz play the map this time -_-
Is there someone you know that can attend in your place? I would like to have either the author or an "ambassador" in the lobby for firsthand experience and verbal feedback that posting in a thread may not be able to fully cover.

Apr 23, 2013
Traffic Jam - This one was pretty rough, but I think it has the potential to be something great. In the iteration of the map we played, the middle was way too open and it felt like a death trap if you were caught out there by the enemy team. The Wraith didn't feel very useful either, maybe a Rocket Hog or a Gauss Hog would work better as a power vehicle. I don't think I even need to mention the wall.

Hard Light - I'm going to be brutally honest here. The map was too big, the team that controlled the top had way too much power over the map and the ball spawn was accessible only by clambering up a confusing rock path. It just wasn't fun to play at all.

Amendment - Right away I can say that you should reduce the number of Mantises on the map, 2 for each team is too much. The map felt like a giant maze, which made it very confusing to navigate. I think this would be a solid Infection map with some tweaks here and there. Maybe that's something you should consider doing.

Helios - I spent the entire match dominating the enemy team with a Banshee, so all I can say for this one is to make them easier to counter or remove them entirely.

CDX34

Master
Mar 23, 2015
Feedback for the lobby of 04/10/16. Sorry it took Me so long to get around to posting this, this week.

Traffic Jam - I lagged out part way through the match, so I lack a complete opinion on this map.

Echoes - I like the new direction of the mancannons in either base, they still don't go very far, but they feel much more relevant and useful now. At this point, I don't really have any complaints about this map. I'd call it complete unless I saw it in the next lobby. I need to bookmark it when I get the chance.

Fracture - I didn't notice any spawn issues this time around, but I don't know if that's because the spawns were changed, or just that specific game not involving spawn camping, so to avoid either repeating Myself or talking nonsense, I'll just say I learned I can't return a flag in a Mantis.

Scavenger - Legitimate question: What were the changes again? I know something was said about it during the lobby, but it's been almost a week since then, and I barely remember yesterday. Seriously if someone remembers, please tell Me and I will edit this.

Hard Light - The general opinion is this map is too big, but I think that's only a problem vertically. If you need mancannons and an elevator to get to the top of the map, what's the point of the side ramp? I think lowering the top of the main area would solve this (and also make it harder to break that elevator). Speaking of the top of the map, I think it needs a bit more infantry cover, and less Pheaton cover, the Pheaton would be a lot less powerful if you could actually shoot it from somewhere that isn't an open field. As for the horizontal aspect of this map, I don't think it's as bad as everyone says, it's just clearly meant for longer range weapons, not pistols. Just move the ball spawn from the cliff to the nearby bridge, and change that big block in the middle of it so it's an actual bridge.

Amendment - There's four Mantises on this map. That's, uh... Something. I think you should get rid of a couple of those. Then there's the ninja-like rooftop gameplay, while it's a neat concept, it feels more like it was meant for a minigame or Infection map, rather than standard Slayer. I'd also like to note that the lightrays over the center building make it hard to tell which gap between the support pillars is an exit or a glass wall.

Helios - This map has a lot of wide open areas that make vehicles completely dominant, while leaving players on foot with little to nowhere to go, and once they get to an area safe from vehicles, it's stay there or die (which generally isn't good). I suggest making the infantry routes between each structure either shorter, or quicker.

And that was the end of the lobby. I'd like to apologize again, to everyone for being so late with feedback this week, and to Squally specifically, for the weird lag-out-ghost-account issue I've been causing lately.

GeneralEgrof

Novice
Feb 10, 2016
WANT TO HELP FILL LOBBY. NOT Bringing any real BTB vehicle MAP but have 8v8 spawns ready.

I have one map with objectives. (so CTF, Strongholds and Assault are supposed to work. Would love to test all 3)
Gamertag: Vedusa
Gametype: Assault*
MAP: Vein

Another Choice Map is pending. For Slayer 4v4 lobby.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Map lineup for 4/17/16:

IMAROLLINGSTONE - Traffic Jam - CTF
KilltrOTTcity - Eradicate - Strongholds
Vedusa - Vein - Assault
Squally DaBeanz - Fracture (Updated) - CTF

I would like to apologize for not getting any feedback posted from the last lobby. Life is pretty busy right now, being the end of the school semester, and this past week was particularly hectic. Thank you to those who did post feedback. I will do better this week.

IMAROLLINGSTONE

Proficient
Jun 25, 2013
Eradicate - This map is gigantic. Most of the combat took place towards the center and gave little reason for excess surrounding its core. Also the switches are reliant upon curiosity instead of necessity (that one pit with the ladders). Besides the size and scripting, the map looks cool, but it needs to go somewhere.

Fracture - Mean map. Not much else to say.

Goldmine - Thematically, this map was nice to view and identifiable without even seeing the name. For gameplay there are several things to note: one, there is not much reason to go to the bottom relative to the top. It is often that spawning at the bottom resulted in a painful climb to the top unless one found the hidden teleporter. Two, the vehicles on the bottom also do not influence the space above, which limits their use to destroying people who are unfortunate enough to spawn in the pit. Maybe throwing in some banshees would be an idea, but I am uncertain due to the flat, open space that majorly makes up the map's top portion. Cool theme, but needs more development.

Reactions: Skyshatter7
Status
Not open for further replies.