Discussion: Abortion and the Reproductive Rights of Women

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
No.

In all seriousness though, one cannot make an argument about the legalization of abortion without first stating when life begins and why that is the "true" answer.

Enkompass

Novice
Jan 22, 2013
NY, USA
Pro-Choice. If a women doesn't want a baby, it's her right to choose.

EDIT:
No.

In all seriousness though, one cannot make an argument about the legalization of abortion without first stating when life begins and why that is the "true" answer.
I would consider it after 24 days. That's when the heart is developed to the point where it starts beating.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
Pro-Choice. If a women doesn't want a baby, it's her right to choose.
Life begins at conception. That clump of cells is a human. It has a unique genetic code, half of which is from the mother and half of which is from the father. It is murder to abort that baby unless it would cost the mother her life, in turn causing the child to die as well.

MrSireMan

Novice
Jan 20, 2013
New York City
I told my girlfriend if i got her pregnant no abortion and she was fine with it the problem is the lack of responsible Fathers in this country and rape is an aweful act but if the mother does not wish to have that child im sure a family is waiting to adopt a beautiful baby

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
I feel like they are all typing up their arguments.

Anyways.........

I am continually shocked by the fact that the FATHERS have no say in the pregnancy whatsoever. Is anybody else surprised by this, or at least irritated about it?

Reactions: MrSireMan

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Personally I believe that modern-progressive society should embrace the facts about abortion. It's not easy for women to have an abortion, it's a scary last-resort that many women are afraid to turn to. This is mainly due part to conservatives and religious group firing an onslaught of unfair negative stigma towards them. Not only making the worst day of their life even worse, but publicly shaming and shunning them.

Just because you feel uncomfortable with the concept, it does not mean that you are allowed to prohibit the reproductive rights of a woman you don't know. The matter is not a case of pro-life versus pro-choice, it is a case of pro-choice versus anti-choice. It has been scientifically proven and decided upon that life starts when the baby can sustain itself independent of the mother - at birth. Any pseudo-science fox news and its benefactors throw your way is incorrect. The idea that pain can be felt at 20 weeks is fiction, because the nerve endings required don't develop until week 23, never mind that neural connection still have to mature. The fact that many republican congressman try to fit their rich, white faces in a woman's reproductive life sickens me, because their misogynistic minds only see women as incubators, and not people worthy of making decisions on their own bodies.

Abortion is a last-resort. It's there to prevent unwanted pregnancies that would otherwise ruin families. Want proof? Look at the teen pregnancy rates state by state. Those that prevent abortion and support abstinence have incredibly high rates, in an area that isn't at all beneficial.

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Life begins at birth. This is fact. Anything before that is scientifically a parasitic lump of mass. This lump is the responsibility of the mother, because it's a part of her body and she sustains it. Forcing your ideas on to her is an extreme intrusion of her privacy.

Enkompass

Novice
Jan 22, 2013
NY, USA
I told my girlfriend if i got her pregnant no abortion and she was fine with it the problem is the lack of responsible Fathers in this country and rape is an aweful act but if the mother does not wish to have that child im sure a family is waiting to adopt a beautiful baby
So you're telling me if a woman gets raped and impregnated, she should be forced to give birth to that child? Why should that decision be made by anyone but herself?