Halo Coming Soon...TheHaloInfection

What do want to see on TheHaloInfection

• Total voters

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
image.jpg

One channel based around a community with a promise: To bring you community maps.

Coming In June, a new community map channel. Looking for forgers. Any suggestions and other information feel free to say.

Welcome to TheHaloInfection. After completing customs lobbies during February, March and April we have decided to bring you what you deserve, the best community maps that have been made by you. We currently have a couple of maps that we would like to ask the authors to play and showcase and The Custom Games which ran briefly in April. But we would like to bring you more. For the next month while we get to our feet and deal with our exams, we will try to do some custom lobbies so show you what is coming up but if you want to be involved behind the scenes with forging, commentaries or anything else, just let us know and we will look into it. Till then.

To submit maps all you have to do is upload them to HaloCustoms.

Admins:
Absentduck
AzureXPD

A member is someone who has played in our custom lobbies in the past week. All members can be found in the lobby archive lists on each lobby.
Current Members
AvengedElite
babyKB24
BlackScarab32
byFlare
Forceflow
Guy Who Bounce
Jamaica36
Kung Kamne
LifelongTech20
maRkballs
Michael12374
o07seggo
Skullkid
slyphenix17
SomethingRush
Tainted Pariah
Previous Lobbies Archive
So if you want to get involved in our next lobby, just keep your eye out for it.

The Custom Games

The custom games is a new competition which is run by THI. Each games will hold up to 14 players who will battle it out against each other in a battle of wits, courage and skills to see who comes out top HaloCustoms Player. Every player who enters will have to follow the simple rules below to find out if you can compete. If this become a popular thing then we will give prizes for the winner.
Continue...
Depending on number will depend on the prize. It will either be 400 Microsoft points or 800 Microsoft points.

What are the custom games. Well it's simple enough to follow.

1) Anyone can enter
2) If you have a mic then it would be helpful but it's not necessary.
3) must have Forge Island DLC but we are sure you all have it by now.
4) Have Fun and Good Luck Contestants.

How does it work

In a preliminary round it will be split into two sections. First a team based section where the teams will go head to head against each other in different team based custom games.
Second it is every one for themselves and this is where it will be decided who comes out on top. For each event in this round points will be given and the top player will go through to the final and the next two runners up will go into a head to head to decide which one makes the final. If you don't make the top three you can retry as many times as you like but of you do make the top three then you cannot try again in the preliminary rounds.

The finalists will each pick an event which they want to play in the final, and the prizes depending on how many enter the competition will either be 400 Microsoft points or 800 Microsoft points.

Good luck and let The Custom Games begin...

But we cannot do this without you

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've been saying this for a while, but I would love to watch a custom map deconstruction show, where an experienced (and preferably pissy/Gordon Ramsay-esque) forger runs through community maps and discusses their merits and weaknesses. It occurred to me that it would be entertaining when I joined A Haunted Army one time and he was ripping some dude's map apart and suggesting how and why to rebuild certain areas certain ways. I've suggested he start a show a few times, but I get the impression he not interested. A show like that would need some sort of disclaimer for map submissions, so people are expecting harsh judgement, but provided people understand that it's exaggerated for entertainment, I think it could be a lot of fun.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
All of the above is what I normally expect from a Halo community channel. Hopefully, you have something new and different to offer.
I always had this idea the entire Halo community on youtube would create some sort of super channel. Where all the active youtubers joined together under one channel. Psychoduck, Oakley HiDef, Mr Pokephile, Robius, Ducain, Insanmiac, Team Epiphany, the whole shebang! It would be freaking amazing! It just makes me want to poop my pants thinking about it :D

Reactions: Absentduck

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
All of the above is what I normally expect from a Halo community channel. Hopefully, you have something new and different to offer.
I always had this idea the entire Halo community on youtube would create some sort of super channel. Where all the active youtubers joined together under one channel. Psychoduck, Oakley HiDef, Mr Pokephile, Robius, Ducain, Insanmiac, Team Epiphany, the whole shebang! It would be freaking amazing! It just makes me want to poop my pants thinking about it :D
Sounds good but till then

Apr 27, 2013
UK

I wanted that a while ago, but now that they actually are sort of doing that I've realised its not a good thing. Separation allows a variety. They are slowly converging and already the variety of featured maps seems to be faltering: They are all featuring maps from the same forgers more and more (eg Oomishday3), featuring less from unknown forgers and, worst of all, featuring maps by each other.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
I've been saying this for a while, but I would love to watch a custom map deconstruction show, where an experienced (and preferably pissy/Gordon Ramsay-esque) forger runs through community maps and discusses their merits and weaknesses. It occurred to me that it would be entertaining when I joined A Haunted Army one time and he was ripping some dude's map apart and suggesting how and why to rebuild certain areas certain ways. I've suggested he start a show a few times, but I get the impression he not interested. A show like that would need some sort of disclaimer for map submissions, so people are expecting harsh judgement, but provided people understand that it's exaggerated for entertainment, I think it could be a lot of fun.

That would be hillarious to watch, but i doubt anyone would submit their maps. With good reason too because if someone points out every flaw in your map in its feature video then very few will bother to download it, and those who do will be fixated on the bad parts while playing it.

If they did this with maps which were already popularized and well known, perhaps the matchmaking maps like 'Settler' (my GOD that is a terrible map) then they wouldn't really be hurting anyone, I'd watch that :)

Apr 27, 2013
UK
This is what we want to avoid, we want to showcase maps from unrecognised community forgers

Good to hear, that's what i was hoping for when i voted for community map previews :). As far as I know there are no channels which just scout HaloCustoms in search of good maps then upload them. Instead they only upload videos which are submitted to them- why do they wait for the forgers to come to them when there is such a good selection of maps on this site waiting to be uploaded? If you decide to do map previews then i think it would be great to start by uploading maps on here (but of course asking for permission from the forgers first, in case they haven't finished the map etc.)

What exactly is TheHaloInfection? Maybe i'm just being stupid but it doesn't seem to explicitly say anywhere: is it a YouTube channel, a custom lobby, a clan, a website, a thread...?