Cat and Mouse

Customgamers, rejoice! For behold, the classic gametype Cat & Mouse has returned!!!

For those of you who may not have been around back in ye olden classic custom days,
Cat & Mouse is a very simple gametype, played on Valhalla in Halo 3.
(Not to be confused with Tremor & Mouse, or Tremor Blast :p)

In this gametype, 2 Zombies are the "Cats." They pilot Wraiths.
The humans are the "Mice" and they drive mongooses and try to survive.

In this Halo 4 version of the gametype, the Wraith is allowed to use its main gun.
However, there is an honor rule - the mice are NOT allowed to board and attack the Wraith.The objective of the game is survival. If someone breaks this rule, they should be booted from the party.

We all owe our thanks to VICIOUS VICE for recreating this classic gametype for us all to enjoy.
VICIOUS VICE has unfortunately vanished from the face of the Earth, however.
So it fell upon me to host this map and gametype on my fileshare so that you all may enjoy it.

VICE, if you're out there, we need you back baby!! :heart: :heart:

cat1_zps4d4970db.jpg

cat2_zpsfb2831fc.jpg

To download and enjoy this classic, visit my fileshare:

File Browser > Fileshare search by gamertag > TEETMARE

The problem is that splattering physics works differently in H4. It doesnt work right. Half the time the wraith goes for a splatter, the mongoose just rolls right underneath it and pops out the ass end and drives away.

yeah allot of the physics was changed for the worst in halo 4. Racing is different and the gametype "speed halo" is just not the same anymore... :(

Hey guys, I am very close to finishing my own cat and mouse map. I took the gun off the wraith by placing a mine above the back of the wraith with a grenade that respwans falling atop the mine. You then put a shield at the wraiths mid level. If u need help just message me. Ok and back to my map, There is one wraith and the rest are mongooses. You are in a arena with many stunts and try to survive and kill the wraith. You kill the wraith by leading him to tripmines on the wall. there is a crack though between the wall and floor big enough for only a mongoose. This map is really fun and well made. Message me cat and mouse and I will send you my map when I'm done. Thanks- TyranicSlayer

Reactions: BloodySaboteur
Hey guys, I am very close to finishing my own cat and mouse map. I took the gun off the wraith by placing a mine above the back of the wraith with a grenade that respwans falling atop the mine. You then put a shield at the wraiths mid level. If u need help just message me. Ok and back to my map, There is one wraith and the rest are mongooses. You are in a arena with many stunts and try to survive and kill the wraith. You kill the wraith by leading him to tripmines on the wall. Tree is a crack though between the wall and floor big enough for only a mongoose. This map is really fun and well made. Message me cat and mouse and I will send you my map when I'm done. Thanks- TyranicSlayer

will you send this map into the minigame contest? :) sounds amazing