Bloodthirst: Infection Only Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
What Nazi Zombies gametype do you guys use, NZ_Survival? I was wanting to make it better by taking out the lime green and making the floods black like Flood 2.0. Wanted to hear what you guys think. I should probably leave the ordnance waypoint icons for this one, but should I enable map weapons again?

That'd be awesome. Ordnance indicators on. Weapons on map on.

That way, if you don't want to display where the weapons are, you can just use normal weapons.

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
Depends on the map. If it is a map with no exploration, purely hold out, then the gametype Last Stand would most likely be used. But if it is a map with opening doors and a lot of exploration, that NZ_survival.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Well if you can do it, go ahead. I'm not a big fan of Nazi Zombies in Halo but I can figure that people would like to see such a gametype.

Jan 30, 2013
Alright I'll give it a whirl soon for both gametypes. I never played either of them but I thought NZ_Survival looked cool. A Few weeks ago I messed around trying to make a wacky gametype, I would assume it's unplayable but you think it would be possible to balance this? lol...

http://i.imgur.com/gyxdbGO.jpg

Humans: Removed lime green, scaled down to 40%, primary SAW, secondary Target Designator (with 1 ammo)

Alpha Flood/Flood: Forced black, scaled up to 117%, primary Flood Talon, secondary Gravity Hammer, 3rd Loadout (Active Camo) replaced with Jet Pack. REGICIDE Kill Effect added to Flood deaths.

any ideas for settings of shields, health, damage, movement traits, etc.? I know the Target designator is ridiculous but the idea was for giant invading flood/aliens on maps that are scaled down urban cities. the Flood could use vehicles but humans cannot (they are much smaller than vehicles and it would ruin the illusion other than giving them a Mantis). The giant flood look like they are using giant vehicles also, since the humans are small along with the scaled down map. Flood really only are slightly bigger than default and you can't even notice a difference.

I know REMKings told me once its very difficult to balance Flood with a gravity hammer... so I could change it to another weapon and also replace the flood talon/sword with another. The humans having a target designator, maybe start the game with only 1 human? lol.....I have no idea, I'm stuck...I would just like to balance this out before testing it in gameplay and I would like to release it on my fileshare since it was a pain in the ass :p. The name of the gametype I thought of was "Monstrosity", but that may change. Anyway, there has to be a way to make this a cool gametype. I don't have a map for it though.

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
The Gravity Hammer could be pretty cool, its pretty much the sword but without the ridiculous lunge. But you don't need to edit the size of the player models, it is glitchy and unappealing in my opinion. A lot of the other things seem way too wacky for Flood too, you have broken way too far from the norm. I would stick to just giving them the Hammer and faster speed.

Jan 30, 2013
Gravity hammer and fast speed I believe is a gametype called Smashy Chase... although they really should not have made both humans and flood have the lime green human skin.

I know I broke away from the norm as much as I could, lol...that was kinda the point as I wanted to experiment and see how different I could make it look and play while learning how to change different aspects of Flood. Problem is I didn't think about the gametype other than what I wanted to try and mod into it. The only glitch is when the humans die... the Flood aren't glitched and nothing else in the gameplay is...only the human bodies stretch when their dead body hits the floor. yeah, it's unappealing I agree... but it doesn't affect gameplay at least. I didn't really enlarge the Flood...they are only 17% bigger than default so you cannot even tell a difference when you are playing as Flood, and their bodies do not stretch.

I'd like to leave the small humans for something different, as it's a giant invading gametype as it is. But I can change any of the weapons... Maybe i can give the alien flood a primary gun and secondary gravity hammer? I even thought about if it was possible to turn off the infection and just have 2 rounds switch sides with kill score points... but I didn't see if that could be done in the game. Anyway, if anyone would like to help with it I'd appreciate it. I'm not a Flood balancing expert since not much experience playing it in customs.

EDIT: I think I'm just gonna scrap it... I think you are right and I strayed too far from the norm. At least I learned something making it.

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
I find when playing with a large player model the camera glitches to normal height when I look so far down or something, unless that only happens with really big player models. Its great that you are trying different things. But don't throw them all into the same gametype. I just would rather you use the modding to fix things that were taken away from the game, rather than adding things.

Jan 30, 2013
true. I was just trying to make something scary, funny, and action packed at the same time. with a theme-fitting a comedy/horror/sci-fi giant alien invasion.

you're right about the camera glitching on large scaled models, but that's only when you hit that certain percentage which is probably over 150%... basically the bigger you go the more the camera glitches and the smaller you go the more your body stretches when you die at the moment it hits the ground (possibly walls too or any colision detection causes the dead player to stretch to normal size). I think it's only noticeable really with scaling below 75%.

Jan 30, 2013
New Custom Flood Gametype Templates on my Fileshare:
http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/starship ghost/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameSettings&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0

Basically the + sign means that the Ordnance icons are disabled, Turbo means Flood sprint is enabled, and Hyper Fighting means that Flood weapon pickup has been enabled. All of the game variants have regular map weapons enabled, lime green Human color removed, and Alpha Flood/Flood color forced black.

• Flood 2.0- Map weapons enabled - Human lime green color removed - Flood color forced black
  • Flood 2.0+- Map weapons enabled - Human lime green color removed - Flood color forced black
    - Ordnance waypoint icons disabled

• Flood 2.0 Hyper Fighting- Map weapons enabled - Human lime green color removed - Flood color forced black
    - Flood weapon pickup enabled

• Flood 2.0+ Hyper Fighting - Map weapons enabled - Human lime green color removed - Flood color forced black

• Flood 2.0 Turbo - Map weapons enabled - Human lime green color removed - Flood color forced black
    - Flood sprint enabled

• Flood 2.0+ Turbo- Map weapons enabled - Human lime green color removed - Flood color forced black
    - Flood sprint enabled

• Flood 2.0 Turbo Hyper Fighting- Map weapons enabled - Human lime green color removed - Flood color forced black
    - Flood sprint enabled

• Flood 2.0+ Turbo Hyper Fighting- Map weapons enabled - Human lime green color removed - Flood color forced black
    - Flood sprint enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.