Remake Blood Gulch

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
Blood Gulch (version 2.0) - The HALO CE Iconic map that has been remastered in HALO 4.

Through out HALO's long history, Blood Gulch has always been remade. Halo 2 had coagulation, halo 3 had Vahalla, and Reach had Hemorrhage. Though HALO 4 did not have the same luxury, therefore, It is the duty of the community to finish this legacy. That, is this map. The closest map to the original Blood Gulch yet. Ladies and Gentlemen, Enjoy.

Don't forget to like the map so that other people on Waypoint can see it.

Read more about this map...

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
I will take a look after I finaly transfer my X-Box's old memory to my new one. Looks as if it is really close to the original, though. Maybe more hills?

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
I'm glad a fan of halo 1 finally remade a good blood gulch.

It stinks though because not too long ago, it was my plan to be that one fan who remade it. It was the time reach came out. I had everything I needed: the map Hemorrhage, a game with a halo 1-like pistol, forge experience along with the love for blood gulch, and the one thing that most forgers won't have that would make the project perfect....a program called Spark Edit.

Spark edit was basically halo 1 "forge". It's a modding tool for the halo CE PC. It showed me the exact direct of the spawns, how many, and what they were used for. It showed everything and how it was placed in the original blood gulch.

During my work I would have a laptop with the program on, and the Tv screen in front of me. I could seriously be in the same position in both of the games and the screens would look the same! I had planned on making everything exact and perfect to make the best blood gulch remake yet. At this point it is about half done. But of course something had to stop it where it was. What might that be? Anyone with annoying little brothers will know my similar pain. He of course was an ass and locked me out of my own laptop profile and apparently typed the password in differently than he had thought and we haven't been able to get back in since.

Tons of good work was lost now and my big goal from before reach came out was now not achievable. This was a while ago though and I've gotten pretty much over it. I just wish I could have continued and completed it. It would have been amazing!

I apologize for all of that, but anyways great map and ill be sure to check it out :)

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
I'm glad a fan of halo 1 finally remade a good blood gulch.

It stinks though because not too long ago, it was my plan to be that one fan who remade it. It was the time reach came out. I had everything I needed: the map Hemorrhage, a game with a halo 1-like pistol, forge experience along with the love for blood gulch, and the one thing that most forgers won't have that would make the project perfect....a program called Spark Edit.

Spark edit was basically halo 1 "forge". It's a modding tool for the halo CE PC. It showed me the exact direct of the spawns, how many, and what they were used for. It showed everything and how it was placed in the original blood gulch.

During my work I would have a laptop with the program on, and the Tv screen in front of me. I could seriously be in the same position in both of the games and the screens would look the same! I had planned on making everything exact and perfect to make the best blood gulch remake yet. At this point it is about half done. But of course something had to stop it where it was. What might that be? Anyone with annoying little brothers will know my similar pain. He of course was an ass and locked me out of my own laptop profile and apparently typed the password in differently than he had thought and we haven't been able to get back in since.

Tons of good work was lost now and my big goal from before reach came out was now not achievable. This was a while ago though and I've gotten pretty much over it. I just wish I could have continued and completed it. It would have been amazing!

I apologize for all of that, but anyways great map and ill be sure to check it out :)
i have spark edit :D do you want the screenshots or a videoflythrough to make the map?

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
i have spark edit :D do you want the screenshots or a videoflythrough to make the map?

o.o I never thought about that. Wow I'm dumb lol. I guess I'll look up a walkthrough or something. Guess I might be posting a reach map on here lol.

Reactions: Fuzzle

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
Well I'm not very good at remakes. I was just going to remake it cuz I had the gulch already on reach. But I guess I can just use this map and place the spawns the way they were in CE. And well, everything else as well :)

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
Well I'm not very good at remakes. I was just going to remake it cuz I had the gulch already on reach. But I guess I can just use this map and place the spawns the way they were in CE. And well, everything else as well :)
The closer you can make it feel to HALO CE, the better. I would strongly encourage that. This is not my final copy of my map. It was just so requested that I put it on here. I need to make the blue ramp taller.

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
This map is gonna get lots of downloads
The only issue i see with holding it back, is when I downloaded other Blood Gulch maps to check them out, they were very disappointing., And I have a feeling that people may not be able to recognize mine from those. But I hope a lot of likes and downloads help.

Z3MAST3R

Flaming Ninja
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
www.twitch.tv
The only issue i see with holding it back, is when I downloaded other Blood Gulch maps to check them out, they were very disappointing., And I have a feeling that people may not be able to recognize mine from those. But I hope a lot of likes and downloads help.
I know what you mean. It was the same with Lockout remakes in Reach, there were a few good ones but the others were pathetic.

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
Gentlemen, I have finally returned(after 5 days) to download this map! I will see if it retains the Halo CE feel of my first multiplayer experiance( with my dad whom was impossible to defeat). I feel a good reveiw comin' from me.

Reactions: Fuzzle

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
Gentlemen, I have finally returned(after 5 days) to download this map! I will see if it retains the Halo CE feel of my first multiplayer experiance( with my dad whom was impossible to defeat). I feel a good reveiw comin' from me.
I dont want to get your hopes up too high. It is different. the fact that it's only 2/3's the size of the original changes some of the gameplay mechanics. I thoroughly hope you enjoy the map though, and have fun :)

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
Thats pretty cool, and the music is awesome.
Other news, Blood Gulch has reached the Top 12 downloads of this week, and is number 10 of the Forge Islands maps. It is the fastest growing one in the past 2 days. Thank you guys for helping out. Hopefully this trend will continue.