Flood Battleship

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Battleship (version 1.0) - The UNSC "Ghost Ship" is deployed into the depths of a cavern to eliminate a flood threat

In this map, the humans will spawn inside of the UNSC Ghost Ship, one of the last water-based ships in service under the UNSC before they retire their watercraft in favor of the more versatile, capable spacecraft.
View attachment 2323
The Ghost Ship fires its main cannon at the attacking flood.

The humans will begin the round by grabbing a few weapons from the stockpile below deck, where they spawn. They will then proceed through the chambers to a staircase, where...

Read more about this map...

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
ShockBolt21 updated Battleship with a new update entry:

Battleship (V 1.2)

Changes in Version 1.2-

-Fixed issues with the Flood man cannons. They will no longer undershoot and launch the flood short of the low gravity zone and into the water. (Previously- this issue occurred occasionally with the left and middle cannons)

-Decreased human damage a bit more to further balance the game (Previously- humans would do too much damage, making it too difficult for the flood to land on the ship alive)

-Slight changes to the trait zones, so the Flood will always...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Will this map be redone in Forge Island, as Forge Island can touch water?
Glad you asked. The ship actually does lie in the water in this map, as you can go surprisingly close before you die. But the below deck area is in the upper part of the ship, so it's still above the kill boundaries. Of course, the deck is also. The space inside of the ship below all of the 'inhabitable' parts was, unfortunately, wasted, as it is in the kill boundaries, so I made it inaccessible.

On Forge Island, I intend to make a naval combat map, nothing like the one above. In it, I'll create two ships that are far from each other, out of range of the other's turrets. Each will have a few turrets, but also several ghosts, wraiths, and banshees. I will utilize that trick that allows the vehicles to 'drive on water,' so the ghosts and wraiths can act as boats.

...That's idea one. Idea two is just to put the two ships within range of each other so they can fight with the turrets and some weapons. Perhaps I can add a gravity lift that will allow the spartans on each ship to launch toward and attack the other.

Idea three is a ship vs land attack. I can use the new rocks and trees to make a small beach-like area by one of the islands, or just create an island of its own. I will build the ship within range of that island, so they can fight each other with turrets and guns. Maybe I'll throw in a banshee for one or both sides to spice up the action a little.

But whichever I choose, it won't be a flood map like this one- it will be a fully competitive, red vs blue map.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Good question. The ship actually does lie in the water in this map, as you can go surprisingly close before you die. But the below deck area is in the upper part of the ship, so it's still above the kill boundaries. Of course, the deck is also. The space inside of the ship, but below all of the 'inhabitable' parts was, unfortunately, wasted, as it is in the kill boundaries, so I made it inaccessible.

On Forge Island, I intend to make a naval combat map, nothing like the one above. In it, I'll create two ships that are far from each other, out of range of the other's turrets. Each will have a few turrets, but also several ghosts, wraiths, and banshees. I will utilize that trick that allows the vehicles to 'drive on water,' so the ghosts and wraiths can act as boats.

...That's idea one. Idea two is just to put the two ships within range of each other so they can fight with the turrets and some weapons. Perhaps I can add a gravity lift that will allow the spartans on each ship to launch toward and attack the other.

Idea three is a ship vs land attack. I can use the new rocks and trees to make a small beach-like area by one of the islands, or just create an island of its own. I will build the ship within range of that island, so they can fight each other with turrets and guns. Maybe I'll throw in a banshee for one or both sides to spice up the action a little.

But whichever I choose, it won't be a flood map like this one- it will be a fully competitive, red vs blue map.

Ahh... I gotcha you...

But if you are good at making ships... you should make a SUNKEN ship with the new underwater trick!

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Underwater trick? Don't know that one. A sunken ship would be pretty awesome though. Maybe if I could do that, it would be a one flag CTF map, and the flag represents treasure and is located somewhere in the ship...

Yes! That would be Brilliant!

Also...

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
ShockBolt21
I love your idea of having 2 ships far away from one another. Then, you have Ghosts and wraiths as "boats." This might be kind of tricky though. Since the gravity volumes aren't too strong, ghosts tweak out if you boost on them, and because we don't have a lot of them to start out with. It'd be awesome if you could make it work though! Let me know when you forge this one because I'm definitely interested :) I can also help! :) I plan on creating something similar to your Flood Battleship map, but of course as my own original map :p

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
ShockBolt21...
I will be building the ship v ship map as soon as I get my butt on the xbox again. It'll be like true naval combat, and we all know how much I love my realistic battle scenarios. Also, I don't need to use gravity volumes. Because the water is opaque, I can put platforms just underneath it, and they will be unseen. This would allow me to make a much larger area, and if I wanted to, I could drive scorpions, warthogs, and mantises on it. But the ship vs ship idea is MINE! Don't go out and steal it. ;)

Also, if you intend to make a map similar to Battleship, I encourage you to download it and check it out for some inspiration.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
I will be building the ship v ship map as soon as I...
Oh of course, of course lol. That's why I said "I plan on creating something similar... but of course as my own original map" so you don't have to worry about that :p Since I am inspired by this map (Battleship) I'm planning to give you a shout out in the description, but now I'm not too sure about that anymore :p telling me not to steal your ideas PSSH as if I didn't already know that! Tsk. Tsk.

Hah, either way, I'm excited to see it man :y: I'm sure you already thought of it, but you could put a human only teleporter over the water. That way the humans don't become gods, walking on the water. Instead, they get teleported under water and die. I'm sure you already thought of that, though.

As for my map, I probably will look at your map Battleship for further inspiration. Would it be alright if I used, somewhat, of the same ship design? The way my idea is headed, I'm thinking it could almost be a continuation of Battleship. A Battleship 2.0 if you will. Again though, not trying to just bite off your idea!

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I'm sure you already thought of that, though.
Of course.

As for my map, I probably will look at your map Battleship for further inspiration. Would it be alright if I used, somewhat, of the same ship design? The way my idea is headed, I'm thinking it could almost be a continuation of Battleship. A Battleship 2.0 if you will. Again though, not trying to just bite off your idea!
Sure you can use my design. To tell the truth, I don't really care how much you copy Battleship (I'm just glad you like the idea). Just make sure to keep your ass away from my ship v ship design!! (gettin real territorial about that...)
But this Battleship 2.0... Tell me more. What will the map be like?

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Hmm. I don't know about that anymore ShockBolt it's kind of tempting now :lmao: lol relax I don't steal ideas. For my map I'm still giving thinking up new ideas.
Ok, just lemme know when you've thought of something. Building ships is actually quite hard, especially if you're adding a below deck area. You've gotta find a way to get the curved hull, or make it look realistic without curves. Then there are all of those details... The whole process is difficult, but if you pull it off well, it ends up looking really nice, from the outside and inside.
By the way, if you do download and look at my map, I thank you in advance for supporting it.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Ok, just lemme know when you've thought of something. Building ships is actually quite hard, especially if you're adding a below deck area. You've gotta find a way to get the curved hull, or make it look realistic without curves. Then there are all of those details... The whole process is difficult, but if you pull it off well, it ends up looking really nice, from the outside and inside.
By the way, if you do download and look at my map, I thank you in advance for supporting it.
I'll be sure to stay in touch man. Take care

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
As a suggestion, you create the interior outside and away from the ship. That way, you'd have more room to built. Although, you'd still have to have it match the size of the ship itself.