[Aug 7, 2013] THI Gametype Reveal Lobby (Absentduckling3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
image.jpg

Lobby Host and General Information

Lobby Host: Absentduck

Start Time: 2pm GMT
Finish Time: 3.30pm GMT approx

Before you decide to just RSVP me to join this game, I think it's important for you and the other gamers who are playing if you read what's below. This lobby is on at the moment once a week so if you miss out then you can always try next time. No party chats allowed unless agreed with us. Check out our links at the bottom of this thread.

THI Secret Testing Gametype
Then...
Community Maps being Showcased
Novus By Zandril
Forbidden By AbandonedCashew
Battleship By ShockBolt21
We are Imbound By Midwestchopper5
To The Stars By Elliot

What size lobby do you host

I have decided that for me a 14 player lobby is best because if it is any bigger it ruins the experience for other people when a black screen stops the game. This only happens for me when we have over 14 players playing so if we have 14 players it will be fine.

How do I join

What I have found from my own experiences and from some help from other hosts that the best way for you join the game is to join the session in progress. This way it is faster for you to join and it means the games can flow without the interruption of inviting people to the game. You can also send a request for an invite if the session is filling up and you can't join via the method above so that when a space becomes available you can be inviting to join.

How do I join session in progress and send and invite

Firstly create a new message, then select private chat message, from here type in the gamertag Absentduckling3, send the message, next press pending chat, click view profile and then join the session in progress.

This will also count as you invite so if you cannot get in immediately you don't have send too many messages to get the invite.

Lobby Rules
Now at THI we feel that rules do help for a better experience so we ask instead of making the rules for people to use common sense and think about what they are doing. a mic isn't required but it is nice to hear other peoples voices instead of our own. So have fun and enjoy the lobby.

Our Links

Homepage: http://halocustoms.com/threads/thehaloinfection.10715/
Map Submission Thread: http://halocustoms.com/threads/thi-map-submission-thread.11562/
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloInfections
The Custom Games: http://halocustoms.com/threads/thi-competition-the-custom-games.11949/

Finally we are one group based around a community with a promise: To bring you community maps.
But we cannot do this without You.

Thanks for your attention and we hope you to see you in a lobby soon.
THI

Reactions: Buddy

AzureXPD

Adept
Feb 8, 2013
Herefordshire, Britain
Yeah I get bsck this thursday and will try to make to video on thursday snd upload it. Ducky, can you upload a video of the new map of the week to your fileshare and I will make a video of it. :)

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
Just giving the final tweaks to a new flood gametyoe and map to go with it, final phase of testing is done and I think it's about ready to reveal to the Community...but not yet, they can get a teaser until later this week.

Maybe we should do an intro video to get us started. Just a thought. ;)

AzureXPD

Adept
Feb 8, 2013
Herefordshire, Britain
Yeah I am going to. If I can work out how to dual commentaries then you can be in it too. I have a new pair of turtle beaches so it should work. :) you found a decent cap card thhats affordable yet? And I was thinking of setting up a competition where people would create a video of a map reveiw and send it to one of us. The top 2 would become THI and help us make videos? Sound good?

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
Yeah I am going to. If I can work out how to dual commentaries then you can be in it too. I have a new pair of turtle beaches so it should work. :) you found a decent cap card thhats affordable yet? And I was thinking of setting up a competition where people would create a video of a map reveiw and send it to one of us. The top 2 would become THI and help us make videos? Sound good?
I know how to dual commentary, allow your game volume to be low and voice settings to play through both your headset and speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.