Status
Not open for further replies.

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
image.jpg

Who are we

Oh hello there, welcome to our page on HaloCustoms. We are TheHaloInfection and THI for short. We are a community flood customs where you can play community flood maps, test your maps and just have an all round good time, all controlled under you THI hosts. We aim to please the community so if you have any thoughts, express them.

Welcome again to anyone who hasn't been here before, we are here to please the community though community map features, competitions like the Custom Games and just all round entertainment and showcasing in our lobbies. We hope to see you soon in our lobbies where you do not need a mic but it's always nice to hear other people voices rather than our own. If you want your map to be a community feature on this page all you have to do is put a map thread here on HaloCustoms. That's it, so simple. Members should click 'Watch Thread' to be updated with new map features and other events that we have. You don't want to miss out! Seriously though, you should click it.

Lobby hosts

THI Leader
Absentduck (Absentduckling3)

Upcoming Lobby

[urlhttp://halocustoms.com/threads/thi-special-event-hosts-vs-community.13717/[]/url] join the lobby, just click on the link here and press the big green tick to show your coming along, this allows for us as hosts to know roughly who is coming and it means we can let you know if anything changes. Also the only way we can improve our community interaction is for you to let us know any thoughts, this can be done by rating the lobby or letting us know anything you thought.

Want to submit a map to us then click this link and head on over to our Map Submissions Thread for more information.
Link to Map Submissions Thread: http://halocustoms.com/threads/thi-map-submission-thread.11562/
If you want to know if you map is being considered for featuring then just click 'Watch Thread' so you know when our next Map Submissions Testing Lobby is.

So if you want to get involved in our next lobby, just keep your eye out for it.

Lobby Archive
August 7th THI Gametype Reveal Lobby
http://halocustoms.com/threads/aug-7-2013-thi-gametype-reveal-lobby-absentduckling3.12245/
August 2nd THI Lobby including 1st Community Showcases
Link coming soon
June 15th THI Lobby
Link Coming Soon
July 10th THI Lobby
http://halocustoms.com/threads/jul-10-2013-thi-lobby-absentduckling3.11027/
July 9th THI Lobby
http://halocustoms.com/threads/jul-9-2013-thi-lobby-absentduckling3.10987/
July 4th THI Lobby with AzureXPD (Link coming soon)
June 26th THI Lobby (link coming soon)
June 23rd THI Lobby (link coming soon)
June 22nd THI Customs (link coming soon)
June 20th THI Customs (link coming soon)
June 17th THI Lobby with AzureXPD and AbsentDuck
http://www.halocustoms.com/threads/jun-17-2013-thi-lobby-azurexpd-absentduckling3.10377/
June 15th THI Map Testing
http://www.halocustoms.com/threads/jun-15-2013-thi-map-testing-absentduckling3.10274/
May 27th THI Map Test Lobby
http://halocustoms.com/threads/may-27-2013-thi-map-test-lobby-absentduckling3.9434/
May 23rd THI preview Lobby
http://halocustoms.com/threads/may-23-2013-thi-preview-lobby-absentduckling3.9343/
May 9th THI Custom Lobby
http://halocustoms.com/threads/may-9-2013-thehaloinfection-custom-lobbies-absentduckling3.8878/
May 5th THI Custom Lobby (Very Short Notice Lobby)
http://halocustoms.com/threads/may-...ustoms-lobby-absentduckling3.8741/#post-44899
April 13th THI Reveal Lobby
http://halocustoms.com/threads/apr-13-2013-thi-reveal-lobby-absentduckling3.4981/

The Custom Games

Link to full Thread with Details: http://halocustoms.com/threads/thi-competition-the-custom-games.11949/

Good luck and let the Custom Games begin

THI Latest Map Releases

Absentduck - Lost in the Depths Beta
Link: http://halocustoms.com/maps/lost-in-the-depths.609/

Community Feature

Map Name: Novus
Map Creator: Zandril
Halocustoms link: coming soon
Waypoints link: coming soon

Right then before I get into this review I would just like to say welcome back to THI. After a long break we are back to what we do best Customs and Map Reviews and Todays map is no different.

image.jpg

This weeks map is Novus by Zandril. Forged on forge island.
Where do you start with a map like this, well first of all it's a small team based competitive map for around a FFA of 4 players to a Maximum 5 vs 5 but it's up to you what you play on it. It covers a wide range of gametypes from 1 site extraction to slayer.

Right onto the gameplay, this map is particularly well balanced with blends of even sight lines, balanced power weapons and an escape teleporter which takes you to the other side of the map. It's a great escape and ambush position. Those tight corners can cause some pretty cool battles unless this happens as the rockets spawn in then it is all going to end in a fiery ball of fire. Whether you use a BR, a DMR or even a Carbine your ability to coordinate and win will all depend on your skill and knowledge of the map, plus your ability to play Halo 4 well. This map will challenge you and should you succeed then you will particularly enjoy this one. Don't forget that sniper rifle and if your good with your aim then you use see some short killing sprees.

image.jpg

This is a very good 1 site extraction and this gives another perspective to the map. It allows for the gameplay to swap to the different parts of the map and switch teams plans to defence or coordinated attacks from the attackers. Having played this map since its v3 inclusions I have seen it go through so many design changes and for the better. From the unreachable Sticky Detonator Drop to the finished product Zandril has put in a lot of time and effort with lots from testers and testing lobbies to perfect this map.

So all credit Zandril for this awesome creation and until next time.

Community Feature Archive

Flood

To The Stars By Elliot (El Trocity)
Open spoiler for full Review...
Where do you start with a map like To The Stars, it has many stand out components which make it worthy of a feature but for me, you have to start with the map design and though process that Elliot has taken to make this map, you can see from his own images that he has taken the time to plan and develop his idea into a design that works to balance out Human and Flood Gameplay. He has cleverly managed to implement vehicular and free roam gameplay into this map and which I could see for myself when he was testing this map, these together create a unique feeling in flood which isn't in matchmaking. You should download this map after you've read this from the link above as its totally worth your time.
He has placed many different weapons drops across the map which give humans variety of ways to holdout and defend against the flood. Weapons range from Sticky Detonators to Sniper Rifles on the map. Inspired by Rats Nest, it's main central building does well as a holdout location with blocked sight lines with a unique layout where humans can holdout on both floors of this building. Multiple entrances to both floors including a bridge linking to the outer ring and another where underneath humans spawn.
Easy access to the warthog and mongoose at the start helps humans to get a defendable position while the others who miss out will go around the map collecting ammo and better weapons. The doughnut shaped route for the warthog is well balanced where the flood can gain high vantage points to attempt to bring it down. One side is open with a clear link to the outer ring while the other side has the option of riding up a ramp or going under where spawn is. At first many would think this map is unbalanced with power weapons and a warthog but those who say this haven't actually played this themselves.
My personal favourite moments from this map was that sniper, what a weapon. It works perfectly in tandem with the warthog, allowing for defensive or attacking styles of play, whichever you prefer. So to conclude, this is an excellent map which I personally enjoy and this is definitely a map which people can learn from and be inspired by. Excellent job Elliot, cannot wait to see what you are working on now. Don't forget the tease with the turret.

Finally we are one group based around a community with a promise: To bring you community maps.
But we cannot do this without You.

Thanks for your attention and we hope you to see you in a lobby soon.
THI

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
You've been accepted as a sponsored group!

You now have a thread in the Sponsored Groups section -- feel free to edit your frontpage post to how you see fit, that post is really great for recruiting and organization purposes. In addition, I recommend you have your members click "Watch Thread" if they're not already watching it -- that will mean that when you post upgrades, all of your followers will receive an alert!

Congrats!

Reactions: Elliot

AzureXPD

Adept
Feb 8, 2013
Herefordshire, Britain
View attachment 4432

Who are we

Oh hello there, welcome to our page on HaloCustoms. We are TheHaloInfection and THI for short. We are a community flood customs where you can play community flood maps, test your maps and just have an all round good time, all controlled under you THI hosts. We aim to please the community so if you have any thoughts, express them.

Welcome again to anyone who hasn't been here before, we are here to please the community though community map features, competitions like the Custom Games and just all round entertainment and showcasing in our lobbies. We hope to see you soon in our lobbies where you do not need a mic but it's always nice to hear other people voices rather than our own. If you want your map to be a community feature on this page all you have to do is put a map thread here on HaloCustoms. That's it, so simple. Members should click Watch Thread to be updated with new map features and other events that we have. You don't want to miss out! Seriously though, you should click it.

Lobby hosts

Absentduck (Absentduckling3)
AzureXPD

Upcoming Lobby

July 10th— THI Lobby with Absentduck. Link:http://halocustoms.com/threads/jul-10-2013-thi-lobby-absentduckling3.11027/ To join the lobby, just click on the link here and press the big green tick to show your coming along, this allows for us as hosts to know roughly who is coming and it means we can let you know if anything changes. Also the only way we can improve our community interaction is for you to let us know any thoughts, this can be done by rating the lobby or letting us know anything you thought.

So if you want to get involved in our next lobby, just keep your eye out for it.

Lobby Archive

The Custom Games

The custom games is a new competition which is run by THI. Each games will hold up to 14 players who will battle it out against each other in a battle of wits, courage and skills to see who comes out top HaloCustoms Player. Every player who enters will have to follow the simple rules below to find out if you can compete. If this become a popular thing then we will give prizes for the winner.
What are the custom games. Well it's simple enough to follow.

1) Anyone can enter
2) If you have a mic then it would be helpful but it's not necessary.
3) must have Forge Island DLC but we are sure you all have it by now.
4) Have Fun and Good Luck Contestants.

How does it work

In a preliminary round it will be split into two sections. First a team based section where the teams will go head to head against each other in different team based custom games.
Second it is every one for themselves and this is where it will be decided who comes out on top. For each event in this round points will be given and the top player will go through to the final and the next two runners up will go into a head to head to decide which one makes the final. If you don't make the top three you can retry as many times as you like but of you do make the top three then you cannot try again in the preliminary rounds.

The finalists will each pick an event which they want to play in the final, and the prizes depending on how many enter the competition

Good luck and let the Custom Games begin

THI Latest Map Releases
AzureXPD - Destitution
Absentduck - Lost in the Depths Beta

Community Feature
To The Stars By Elliot (El Trocity)
View attachment 4882
Link to the HaloCustoms Official Map Thread: http://halocustoms.com/maps/to-the-stars.491/
Forge Canvas: Impact
Free Roam/Vehicular Based Flood
All images Copyright of Elliot

Where do you start with a map like To The Stars, it has many stand out components which make it worthy of a feature but for me, you have to start with the map design and though process that Elliot has taken to make this map, you can see from his own images that he has taken the time to plan and develop his idea into a design that works to balance out Human and Flood Gameplay. He has cleverly managed to implement vehicular and free roam gameplay into this map and which I could see for myself when he was testing this map, these together create a unique feeling in flood which isn't in matchmaking. You should download this map after you've read this from the link above as its totally worth your time.
View attachment 4883
He has placed many different weapons drops across the map which give humans variety of ways to holdout and defend against the flood. Weapons range from Sticky Detonators to Sniper Rifles on the map. Inspired by Rats Nest, it's main central building does well as a holdout location with blocked sight lines with a unique layout where humans can holdout on both floors of this building. Multiple entrances to both floors including a bridge linking to the outer ring and another where underneath humans spawn.
View attachment 4885
Easy access to the warthog and mongoose at the start helps humans to get a defendable position while the others who miss out will go around the map collecting ammo and better weapons. The doughnut shaped route for the warthog is well balanced where the flood can gain high vantage points to attempt to bring it down. One side is open with a clear link to the outer ring while the other side has the option of riding up a ramp or going under where spawn is. At first many would think this map is unbalanced with power weapons and a warthog but those who say this haven't actually played this themselves.
View attachment 4884
My personal favourite moments from this map was that sniper, what a weapon. It works perfectly in tandem with the warthog, allowing for defensive or attacking styles of play, whichever you prefer. So to conclude, this is an excellent map which I personally enjoy and this is definitely a map which people can learn from and be inspired by. Excellent job Elliot, cannot wait to see what you are working on now. Don't forget the tease with the turret.
View attachment 4886

Finally we are one group based around a community with a promise: To bring you community maps.
But we cannot do this without You.

Thanks for your attention and we hope you to see you in a lobby soon.
THI

I agree, this map is very worthy of a community feature, i played this in one of the BIOC lobbies and it was amazing. I had many enjoyable rounds attempting to retrieve the sniper and when I did, i wreaked havoc on the opposing flood! However, the sniper is not over powered as the natural looking line-of-sight blockers provide sufficient cover and when there are 4 or more flood, the sniper has almost no chance of survival. Playing in the warthog was just as much fun as flood would just run into the path of the vehicle...SUICIDAL ZOMBIES!
But anyways, this map is incredibly well balanced and even playing as the flood was a tonne of fun! I recommend a download to any aspiring flood forgers and hard-core flood competitors! Well Done Elliott!

Reactions: Elliot

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
Big news guys...

AzureXPD is getting a capture card so THI will be able to start recording map feature videos to be featured on our channel.

First features will come around the middle of August so if you have a map for featuring then by all means send us a message...

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
well id like to know, do you and/or Azure have a Steam account? cause i do and i could make a steam group for us
I have a twitch account but nothing to stream with and I don't think A does either. So that could be cool, also you have added to the thread under our New Staff Section.

AvengedElite

Adept
Mar 31, 2013
you should get one, its a great place to get games for PC, high end PCs and low end PCs like mine, but i mean even if you have a crap PC you can still play loads of good fames and Steam is free of course, not the games, but the games are cheaper than on Xbox cause theyre digital.

games*

Reactions: SGC
Status
Not open for further replies.