Halo 343i best thing to happen to halo or worst?

SFGR PHOENIX

Novice
Feb 2, 2013
personally i think they did a great job considering that this was their first, my only complaint is that they removed stuff that people really like and have yet to explain most of it (the main exception being forge world) also they failed to give us access to some really awesome forge pieces that based on the campaign really should have been there (promethean and covenant pallets ) as well as the previously mentioned nudge and zoom being removed and the lack of any good water or beach locations really annoys me. mostly what they did wrong is they didn't attempt to ask the community what they wanted in forge, a feature that is solely community driven (yes they did go to certain affinity but that really is not what they needed)
finally they also made the impact specific pieces a little too cool in comparison to the other maps, the station pieces look super cool but who the hell care about pipes and special bridges. this leads to the majority of maps (and i mean the VAST majority) being forged on impact. i think some cooler map specific pieces for erosion and ravine would have been more ideal. anyways this will conclude my little rant

I'd like to point out that Impact also has the largest Skybox, or the most amount of area to forge in. too bad there aren't many gametypes to forge for. I also dislike how they pawned forging off to someone else, that's almost like having Rooster Teeth write the campaign and "MLG Players" (and yes the quotations are necessary) as game testers. You know, come to think of it... I think they did do that.

IAMAGUN15

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
North Carolina
What exactly are you basing that off of?
alright im just gonna go ahead and settle this
yes Halo has gotten easier since Halo 2/3 but it is still not as easy as CoD (cant speak for BF3 never played it)
the gripe that the leveling is lack luster and boring will be getting addressed soon with the ranking system.
I really don't understand complaining about armor customization, it didn't take away from the game at all and added a level of personality to your spartan.
I will agree that the load outs are complete and total bullshit and the only reason for their existence is armor abilities and the perks, this does however cause 343 to kind of cop out and not test for balanced AA/weapon combos.
Forge has been made stupid at times and has even made me rage quit certain maps just due to its incompetency.
But over all, Halo 4 is not just a more futuristic CoD instead it is still Halo just more geared to the masses (so yeah blame essentially the whole modern gaming society for being so god damn lazy and stupid not just 343, but still blame them too)

IAMAGUN15

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
North Carolina
oh yeah forgot about that they could have improved it some more but i geuss since they didnt have as much time as the other halos they ran out of time for forge
Yup we got a fan boy here, saying that they just ran out of time is so incredibly weak, when something needs to be done you dont half ass it you put as much effort into it as you can especially when it's something that such a large amount of the players use

MLPLiam

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
UK
Don't you think both options are a little extreme? Bungie created Halo, therefore 343 cannot be the best thing to happen to Halo since without Bungie it wouldn't even exist. And I doubt it is the worst thing that can happen to Halo. Sure 343 have made errors with Halo 4, like any other Game company, but remember it is their first Halo game, it was bound to be flawed. I still think that it is an amazing game despite these flaws.

GatorLaid

Podcast Crew
Dec 29, 2012
Don't you think both options are a little extreme? Bungie created Halo, therefore 343 cannot be the best thing to happen to Halo since without Bungie it wouldn't even exist. And I doubt it is the worst thing that can happen to Halo. Sure 343 have made errors with Halo 4, like any other Game company, but remember it is their first Halo game, it was bound to be flawed. I still think that it is an amazing game despite these flaws.
Halo CE > Halo 4

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
343 screwed up with Halo 4. It's the truth. Halo 4 is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. Ever. The last time video games made me this mad was when I played Mile High Club on Veteran in COD4. Or just simply playing the fu**ing multiplayer of MW3.

Infinity settings don't belong in Halo 4. Players should fight for the power weapons in a map. They shouldn't be given weapons like the bullshit cannon via Ordnance.

Then there's all the custom game settings and gametypes that were removed. They didn't have to take out Race, Stockpile, Juggernaut, etc. Thankfully though, the Halo modding community gave this back to us.

And, of course, the cherry on top of the cake of shit. Sprint.

Sprint isn't supposed to be a default setting. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate sprint. I just don't think it should be a default ability for players. It's too abusable.

If a player puts himself in a vulnerable position in a fight, he should be punished for it. Instead, he uses sprint as a get-out-of-jail-free card. Sprint should've been a custom game option or an AA like it was back in Reach.

What else? Oh yeah, the maps. The maps of Halo 4 aren't maps that players love. There are no maps that are as good as Sanctuary or The Pit or Midship. The only maps in Halo 4 that are actually tolerable would be Haven and Skyline. 2 maps. 2 out of all the maps. Fu**ing two.

But, despite all the negative things, 343 actually did some good stuff for Halo 4.

Like Forge. I like Halo 4's Forge a lot. Better than Reach IMO(Though a lot would disagree). People complain that the canvases are bad. I disagree. I'd say that Forge World is still the best canvas ever but the canvases in Halo 4 are not bad. Then there's duplicate, magnets, better looking pieces. Even if precision editing was removed, H4's Forge is pretty damn good IMO.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
If a player puts himself in a vulnerable position in a fight, he should be punished for it. Instead, he uses sprint as a get-out-of-jail-free card.
I'm kinda glad for sprint. It gives retreating players an advantage over their aggressors, and a better chance to live.
...But this might just be me, though. You know how I am with running and hiding.
...or an AA like it was back in Reach.
Haha, suuuuuure. That was the worst ability of all time. I doubt anyone would choose sprint for their loadouts.
What else? Oh yeah, the maps. The maps of Halo 4 aren't maps that players love. There are no maps that are as good as Sanctuary or The Pit or Midship. The only maps in Halo 4 that are actually tolerable would be Haven and Skyline.
The maps in 4 are very well themed- they all take place on completely different planets, they're full of details throughout the map and in the background, and they look much better. Although you might, I don't really have anything against their designs. And sure, Halo 4 didn't introduce any legendary maps like blood gulch or Sanctuary, but it's not like every map in the other titles were that good. Also, Haven, Exile, and Skyline are all exceptionally good maps.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Haha, suuuuuure. That was the worst ability of all time. I doubt anyone would choose sprint for their loadouts.

Correction. Armor Lock is the worst. Sprint isn't even supposed to exist in Halo. But if it stays, then it should be an AA. Not something players spawn with. There's nothing competitive about running away. And Halo is very competitive.

The maps in 4 are very well themed- they all take place on completely different planets, they're full of details throughout the map and in the background, and they look much better. Although you might, I don't really have anything against their designs. And sure, Halo 4 didn't introduce any legendary maps like blood gulch or Sanctuary, but it's not like every map in the other titles were that good. Also, Haven Exile, and Skyline are all exceptionally good maps.

Those maps are competitive maps. They should be judged more on how they play instead of how pretty they are.

And Exile can go f*** itself. Along with Settler.

Reactions: IroKnee

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Correction. Armor Lock is the worst. Sprint isn't even supposed to exist in Halo. But if it stays, then it should be an AA. Not something players spawn with. There's nothing competitive about running away. And Halo is very competitive.
Armor lock was my favorite.
Also, sprint doesn't necessarily take away from the competitiveness of Halo- it just changes the balance a bit by giving DMR spammers less of an advantage over helpless automatic weapon users at long range. Also, because it takes time to break a sprint to fire your weapon, a player can have an advantage in a close quarter fight if he is prepared and set up before the encounter, making for more effective ambushes.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia

Those maps are competitive maps. They should be judged more on how they play instead of how pretty they are.

And Exile can go f*** itself. Along with Settler.

the only thing i agree with there is settler, i dont get
why people like it, its so bad!

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
I'm kinda glad for sprint. It gives retreating players an advantage over their aggressors, and a better chance to live.
...But this might just be me, though. You know how I am with running and hiding.

i also think sprint should stay as a default thing it makes the game more fast paced and chaotic and IMO that improves halo a lot
also i am going to get so much hate from this but i love haven more than sanctuary and i also like the MLG sanctuary in reach better than the one in H2
well really i like a lot of maps more than sanctuary like guardian, valhalla/ragnarok, exile, the pit/pitfall, adrift ect
now time to get 20 trillion replies saying im wrong