Gaming Xbox "One" Reveal!

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
The new xbox, "xbox one," was revealed today. Sounds like the gaming console of the future that will knock the socks off of the PS4. Fast, powerful, and with all kinds of features. It has built in kinect (upgraded since the one out now), an infrared camera, and voice recognition, so it can detect your movement and voice. This will allow you to scroll across pages and menus by swiping your hand through the air (it detects 'the faintest gestures') or by just telling it to via voice command. If the technology does work well and isn't crappy, just think about how that can revolutionize halo... and forge... Discuss.
XB1.jpg

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA
Jan 30, 2013
U.S. Missouri
wow I saw the video rant and I agree
I wanted a improved controller to have a R1 R2 R3 L1 L2 L3 now it is just the same controller
I didn't want to buy my old games again because I got the new xbox
the xbox should have Kinect built in but no
now I can't share games because of the fee. what happens if I buy a pre owned game at gamestop
it will fill my memory up fast
why why Why!!!

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
I agree that the conference was much less than I hoped for... Still, I am super exited for this console. 15 exclusives in the first year? Yes please. F cking great graphics? Give em. A HALO SHOW DIRECTED BY STEVEN SPIELBERG? Aw hell yea! And lets face it, the new kinect was great and the multitasking (to me at least) will be super helpful. This fee for games is really bad though... Most PC games do block used games altogether though, so it not actually as bad as you may think, assuming the fee will be less than the game itself. The name was a complete mistake. I do really love the look of the new console and controller though, simple yet sleek, and seems like it'll fit quite nicely next to my tv.

To those complaining about the lack of games, there's something you've probably overlooked... Seeing as e3 is less than 3 weeks away, and since the conference has happened not long before that, they really didn't need to show many of them. Come the time of e3, Microsoft can focus mostly on games, as the specs and details of the console are fresh in people's minds. Sony however, will most likely reshare the features of the console and spend time revealing the actual damn thing. Less time to show off the games. E3 IS the place where they can most easily appeal to gamers, so why not use that event to show off the games and not on entertainment features. This was a logical move by Microsoft.

Altogether, I'm hyped about the Next Xbox (Never ever will I call it by it's real name) and am eagerly awaiting e3 to find out more. The paying for used games does suck heaps though the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Oh, and if your upset about it not being backwards compatible, just don't throw out your 360! Simple.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
I agree that the conference was much less than I hoped for... Still, I am super exited for this console. (1) 15 exclusives in the first year? (2) Yes please. F cking great graphics? Give em. A HALO SHOW DIRECTED BY STEVEN SPIELBERG? Aw hell yea! (3) And lets face it, the new kinect was great and the multitasking (to me at least) will be super helpful. (4) This fee for games is really bad though... Most PC games do block used games altogether though, so it not actually as bad as you may think, assuming the fee will be less than the game itself. The name was a complete mistake. I do really love the look of the new console and controller though, simple yet sleek, and seems like it'll fit quite nicely next to my tv.

(1) 15 Games. 8 are franchises. How many of those are you willing to bet, are Kinect games?
(2) Graphics? PC Master Race. My STANDARD PC has better specs than this. If you want graphics, just go to PC.
(3) Remember the orginal kinect? Remember How cool the features looked when they showed it? Well, just like the kinect, they will probably draw back on some of those features. And even then, if you have a controller, Whats the point?!?
(4)THAN WHATS THE POINT IN BUYING A CONSOLE! Thats is part of the advantage of Xbox, its a console! NOT a downgraded PC!

Fiesty Fedora

Master
Jan 9, 2013
(3) Remember the orginal kinect? Remember How cool the features looked when they showed it? Well, just like the kinect, they will probably draw back on some of those features. And even then, if you have a controller, Whats the point?!?
(4)THAN WHATS THE POINT IN BUYING A CONSOLE! Thats is part of the advantage of Xbox, its a console! NOT a downgraded PC!
Tomtris if you were actually listening to the reveal. The new kinect spec's have upgraded more than what we will ever need. Microsoft has basically removed any visible lag from using the kinect. Although without the new kinect with the Xbox One. The Xbox One has none of those cool features and is basically an Xbox 360 with some upgrades. Although I may have imagined this but while I was researching I think I found a price reveal around $300. Now that sounds like utter horse shit and I am trying to find the link now.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Tomtris if you were actually listening to the reveal. The new kinect spec's have upgraded more than what we will ever need. Microsoft has basically removed any visible lag from using the kinect. Although without the new kinect with the Xbox One. The Xbox One has none of those cool features and is basically an Xbox 360 with some upgrades. Although I may have imagined this but while I was researching I think I found a price reveal around $300. Now that sounds like utter horse shit and I am trying to find the link now.

I FUCKING HATE KINECT!

I DON'T WANT TO MOVE AROUND TO PLAY MY DAMN GAME.

I DIDN'T BUY A DAMN WII FOR THOSE REASONS

GOD DAMN IT, LET ME PLAY MY DAMN GAMES WITH A DAMN CONTROLLER.

/rant

Reactions: iGraviton

Fiesty Fedora

Master
Jan 9, 2013
I FUCKING HATE KINECT!

/rant
Well that's fantastic Tomtris but some people like the kinect. Also with the new Xbox the kinect isn't just for games anymore. You can use it to navigate and control your Xbox. Now I find this hilarious because this is one of America's excuses to stay on the couch 24/7. NOW THEY DON'T EVEN HALF TO GET OFF THE COUCH. THESE REASONS IMPLY THAT.
  • VOICE COMMANDS THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE TO GET UP TO TURN ON THEIR XBOX.
  • DOWNLOADING GAMES MANDATORY: THEY DON'T HAVE TO GET UP TO CHANGE THE DISC
Although one thing I like about the new Xbox is the new NFL fantasy interactive tv. But the thing is how many of the Xbox community (gamers) are going to be watching that?

Hadokenchild

Proficient
Mar 6, 2013
Did Microsoft not learn ANYTHING from Nintendo? Strip down the console. Get rid of Kinect, get rid of DRM, get rid of the emphasis in being an all-in-one entertainment hub, make it strictly a gaming device.. and come in at $250. All those other features can either be added on later or in a higher-end model. Think about it. What percentage of gamers would use every function packed into the box? 30-35%? Now, what percentage of gamers would buy an Xbox to play games on it? 100%? Seriously Microsoft, don't try to be another CDi. Just make a gaming console that can be expanded on with features the users actually want and will use.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I FUCKING HATE KINECT!

/rant
The kinect won't be remotely like what it used to be. Games won't be played completely through kinect. You will mostly use the controller, and the only thing you'll ever need to do through the kinect is swipe your hand in front of your face. There will be no more 'kinect games,' but the kinect will be incorporated into almost every game in some way. The company understands that players don't want to stand.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Fuzzle's right. I don't see why microsoft thinks we buy the systems to watch TV. I've never done anything but video games on my 360, and I don't intend to do anything but that on the one. But I'm still looking forward to the powerful computers and the kinect and voice recognition. And because of the cloud, you don't really even need memory anymore, as there's not as much stuff stored on the xbox (but still, 500 gigabytes? That's a lot).