Featured Lobby Monday Map Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHIFTY time

Novice
Feb 15, 2016
Eagle Square - Assault, Strongholds. I haven't played strongholds on it in a long time and I want to see how the recent changes have effected that gametype.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Monday 3/7/16 - 9pm EST
Lobby type: BTB (16 players)
Lobby post: https://games.halocustoms.com/lobby/aBrgQykxBT2dpy6kW
Primary testing slots:
OverlordRaven91 - Sanctified - CTF
JA50N 0 - ODST Tayari Plaza - CTF
MartianMallCop - Hangout - Strongholds
alex quit - Kizingo - Strongholds, Slayer
SHIFTY time - Eagle Square - Assault, Strongholds
Psychoduck & The Fated Fire - Artemis - CTF
The Grim Dealer - Echoes - CTF
OTT2OWN - Eradicate - Slayer, CTF
Mrmiclego - Nightclub - Strongholds
MrBamble - Hornet's Nest - CTF
CDX34 - Badger Pit - CTF
Pat Sounds - Battle of Orion - Boarding Party
CommanderColson - Ferrous - Strongholds
Rex Journey - Outcast - Slayer
HalfDemonANBU - The Cradle - Assault
WyvernZu - Altar - Strongholds​
Backup testing slots:

Please continue signing up below. To request a testing slot, post in response to this thread with your map name and the gametype(s) you wish to test. Whether you're bringing a map or not, message The Psycho Duck on Xbox Live to request an invite before the lobby.

IMPORTANT FOR REALZ
Also, I am instating a new rule for this lobby. Any signups each week made before posts like this one will not be accepted in the future. These posts are where the lobby size is decided on and having sign ups for the following week mixed in with feedback from the previous week is a mess. Attendance from people who sign up so early is also relatively low.

Also, be sure to sign up for Squally's lobby for extra testing or in case you can't make it to this one.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2013
GT: The Grim Dealer
Map: Echoes 3.0
Gametype: CTF

This map has seen a lot of changes since last week. The Laser side, in particular, has been completely redesigned and I've added more cover/paths for infantry to safely move around the map.

Mrmiclego

Qualified
Feb 18, 2016
Map:nightclub beta 1.4.5
Gamertag:MRMICLEGO11
Gametype:strongholds
I may not be here on monday if i do not show up DONT play my map improvements to the map may not be finished if i dont show up

Pat Sounds

Novice
Jan 29, 2016
GT: Pat Sounds
Map: Battle of Orion
Gametype: Boarding Party (in my fileshare)

Custom space based strongholds game with zero gravity, dogfights and banshees. Sort of a work in progress, but I need 16 people to test it.

CDX34

Master
Mar 23, 2015
ODST Tayari Plaza - My feedback for this map remains the same as what I posted on Squally DaBeanz's lobby thread.

Hangout - I still think the Binary Rifle has a powerful spawn location. Overall, non-objective gametypes like slayer really complement this map.

Kizingo - I really like the current Strongholds setup, though I think the Shotgun spawns a little too close to Taxi.

Eagle Square - I can't really say much about this map other than what was said during the lobby, that being that the assault point needs to be moved. As is, it's far too exposed, and has no viable approach method, not even throwing bodies at it works. Getting a point requires raw slaying power. Stealth and precision are seemingly irrelevant when playing Assault on this map.

Artemis - My only complaint with this map is with the ability to get on top of the teleporters beside either base. It was clearly an international decision, however getting rid if someone on top of this tower is near impossible, and the ability to pester the enemy team from this location is annoying if not downright powerful.

Echoes - I got to use the sniper this time around, and it's very well balanced. The Hydra Launcher spawns a bit of an odd feeling location. As I said on Squally DaBeanz's thread, I love the new teleporter exit.

Eradicate - This map reminds Me of Halo 4's "Relay", except, three times as big, on every axis. The majority of the pathways feel like they were designed for Mantis vs. Mantis gameplay, and nothing else. The outer drop pod spawns near the spinning Pelican feel like they're an area outside of the map I shouldn't be in. And when a on-fire Warthog can come pick Me up, drive back in to the map, and not get shot once before I get out, that clearly reflects both of these issues. This map needs significant downscaling, and better spawn areas.

Nightclub - I see you fixed the Yellow Tower and Mid strongholds so they function properly. Speaking of Mid, the increased radius of that stronghold makes it much easier to camp. The Active Camo on this map is extremely powerful. Additional feedback from Me can be found on Squally DaBeanz's thread.

Hornet's Nest - The slopes in the back road leading to sniper spawn (covering a doorway, adjacent to a gravity lift make driving a Warthog through this back area very difficult, given the small space between them and a solid wall. I'd suggest either moving the wall, or removing the slopes. Other than this, the map has seen a fair bit of improvement since I last played it.

Badger Pit - This was My map, and the last map I played during this lobby.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2013
Artemis - At the moment, my only complaint with this map is that it's a bit too small for my taste, but that's really just personal preference. The map played pretty well otherwise.

Eradicate - This map was way too big and open. For most of the match, I found myself running into enemy Mantises with no way to counter them due to the huge open areas and lack of cover on the map.

Hornet's Nest - The wedge pieces used on the inside vehicle path were pretty annoying to navigate around and there were some frame drops in mid. The new path replacing the bridge in the middle was a nice change, I felt it prevented easy flag runs through that area pretty well.

Unfortunately, I wasn't present for the rest of the maps played, so I can't provide feedback for those.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Echoes by The Grim Dealer
This map has definitely improved since the initial playtest. Many of the issues I have with the map are due to the style of map it is, so I'll ignore those. Still, a lot of the feedback I had previously still stands. The map still feels a little too large and segmented in some areas. By bringing things in a bit, you could rely less on having so many scattered rocks for cover, making the rocks that do stay have a much bigger impact on gameplay. The improvements made to the high side of the map are welcome changes, as they add variety to the map and allow players to push the sides of the bases. I think giving the lower Banshee side of the map the same treatment will work wonders, as that side is still very linear and flat, making the other side of the map much more enticing to use.

Eradicate by OTT2OWN
First thing's first: This map was VASTLY overscaled. The sheer size of it made finding enemy players a chore, and traversal of the map was tedious and uninteresting. The flat nature of the layout made it especially difficult to combat enemy vehicles or take cover when getting shot at from any number of directions. The vast majority of the structures found on the map were standalone buildings or platforms made out of thin wall pieces, and any cover found in between was simple lazy cover. The lower levels of the map felt very disconnected as well. While the verticality is welcomed, the size of the map and simplicity of the geometry rendered that verticality useless. I suggest rebuilding the map on a much smaller scale, focusing on structural cover for the bases,and integrating them more into the paths around them. The map would also benefit from less dead ends and vehicles.

Nightclub by Mrmiclego
Many of the issues this map had previously still stand. The map is too congested for any vehicles to be useful, and the random death pits everywhere are unintuitive and frustrating for players. Red base is still a massive dead end with no reason to stay there, and is completely disconnected from the rest of the map. Blue base suffers the same dead end problem, except that it can be used to look over the entirety of the map from a single safe location. Players on top of the blue base have absolute power over anyone below them, and can safely watch any approach made by enemy players. The green tower has the same issue. Players up here have a massive advantage over others without any danger or need to worry about being flanked. The central nightclub is still a claustrophobic space because of the glass walls, which are annoying to fight around and lead to campy gameplay. To top everything off, the strongholds are far too large and too easy to defend.

Hornet's Nest by MrBamble
The improvements made since last time seem to be working well to increase flow and help with player orientation. There are still two major complaints I have about the map. One is the balconies looking over mid from either side. By making these an elevated clamber route, they become too powerful over the middle of the map, and too easy to survive on since players can simply back up off a ledge when taking fire. I suggest leaving these as open windows instead of trying to place some sort of cover in them. This would make them powerful but with an added risk. The second complaint I have is the lazy cover in the road on the high side of the map. Perhaps you can try elevating the outer edge of the road instead to create more structural cover for anyone approaching the peak of the road. Aside from those two things, the map is looking good. I'm not a huge fan of the triangular walls inside the bases, but that's more of a personal nitpick.

Badger Pit by CDX34
This map still has a long way to go. The middle is still a total mosh pit, and additional routes added in are redundant and cluttered. The middle of the map is very undesirable for player movement, and this makes getting from one side of the map to the other a bit of a chore, as the outer edge is far too large and separated from the middle. Getting on top of the side structures in front of each base still poses a major issues, as that is the only viable way to play the map at this point. This is also partly because of how the bases are constructed. The maze of thin walls leads to uninteresting gameplay, and having the only vertical movement option in the far back of the base makes them too easy to defend and too difficult to approach. The only flanking route is completely exposed, and approaching from the bottom is a death sentence.

Reactions: alex quit

Mrmiclego

Qualified
Feb 18, 2016
I will still listen to the feedback but nightclub was by accident created into a big team battle map originally this map was supposed to be a 4v4 map when i included blue base you know the tall safe haven i decided a 6v6 map while the 4v4 elements still standed and still stand in its current version(skinny blue tunnel)i will need some time to get my thoughts together as i am focused on problems that are unnecessary "red is too close" "blue is not safe from ghosts" "red can't reach green tower" etc. i am going need a little time to get my thoughts on what should i really focus on as i try to fix current problems. i get worried i made new ones but this weekend i am going to fucus heavily on the feedback so when i fix them i don't get sidetracked and make new problems like the "blue safe haven" but this does not mean i am putting nightclub on hold. this was really long to make and i hope you get the post but i want to put this here and not on a seprate forum.

ImDahUnicorn

Novice
Mar 24, 2015
Can I post my map now? The feedback has been given... well, the map is called "Unistreet" and it was made by "ImDahUnicorn". Works good on all gametypes but it was designed to be a ctf map so that's the gametype I'd like you to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.