[Mar 27, 2014] BIOC Lobby: “Where’d the lights go… did you bring extra batteries?” (Vientus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
biocthreadsignup.png

Hey everyone!
Welcome to my BIOC Lobby for Thursday, March 27, 2014
We will be testing some maps, and playing a mix of new and old finished maps. If you want to test something submit it. (Make sure you have downloaded forge island)
Please, be sure to rate this lobby once it’s over, it helps us out a lot!
Day of hosting: Thursday, March 27, 2014
Start Time: 7:30 PM EST
End Time (approximately): 9:30 PM EST
Description: Map testing, as well as few finished maps. The goals to get some feedback and have some fun.
Schedule:
1. City of Gray Final – The Forsaken
2. Rust 1.2 - Last Stand
3. Plant 510 - Evacuation: Beta []v2
4. Running Riot - Running Riot
5. Coal Dust - Phaegin Beginnings
6. A story from & about Percy b5 - Yours truly the darkness b2
7. Amber 3220 v1.1 - Mining Zombies
8. Broken Province - Hivemind
9. Outpost 9 - Evacuation : Beta []v2
10. Submitted Maps
According to BIOC standards, you can also submit a map, whether it is for testing or just something that you enjoy. If you want us to play a certain map in this lobby, just make sure to give us a heads up in a comment below. You also need to have it in your fileshare so we can download it!

The rules READ, IMPORTANT!
1. Signing up means showing up. If something important comes up, let me know.
2. You may not ask to be promoted to leader. (This does not count for co-hosts.)
3. Players that are in a different party chat or do not have a microphone are more likely to be kicked. Having a mic is a lot more fun for all players, including you, if you can talk with each other and with the host.
How to join
In order to be able to join this lobby, there's one final thing you have to do.
You must make sure to send the following message to the host on Xbox Live (gamertag below), 15 minutes before my lobby begins:
inv BIOC

The host of this lobby is: Vientus

Finally, please rate this lobby once it’s over. It will help us to get more and better lobbies in the future. (Obviously this means you also have to use the RSVP-function, so don’t forget about that either.)

That is all! See you in my lobby!
- Vent

Links
Official BIOC Home Page
Official YouTube Channel
Official BIOC Map Submission Thread
Official BIOC Map Database
Official BIOC Feedback Hub

Reactions: REMkings

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Vientus, was your alert saying "Gimli tagged you..." or "Gimli replied to..." . If it was the first one, everything is ok. If it was the second one, how the hell did Zandril tag me then? Does someone need to delete the @ afterwards?

Vientus Was THIS message saying "Gimli tagged you..." ??

Vientus, was your alert saying "Gimli tagged you..." or "Gimli replied to..." . If it was the first one, everything is ok. If it was the second one, how the hell did Zandril tag me then? Does someone need to delete the @ afterwards?

I never got any tag, but I did download the updated map and game type. IDK what's going on with the tag system. :confused:

Reactions: Buddy

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I learned that the tagging system is temporarily disabled because it needs to be updated.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com

I tagged you by doing it normally and then editing the post to remove the "@." I don't know if that's how it's done.

shaudy430

Qualified
Mar 14, 2013
Chapel Hill
Missed the last lobby. can't wait to test some new stuff.

New Free roam Flood map to test: Aquarillum. I plan on using either Plague or TBW v2 edit by REMkings.
Pics:
auquarillum5.jpg auquarillum4.jpg auquarillum3.jpg auquarillum2.jpg auquarillum1.jpg
5 ordinance draws the player into an area where hidden weapons can be found. Flood spawn above. Oops Pow Surprise!

Does this lobby account for daylight savings time in America? I've been late/early a few times due to confusion. I'm -5:00 GMT

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Does this lobby account for daylight savings time in America? I've been late/early a few times due to confusion. I'm -5:00 GMT
When you signed up to HC, it asked you in what timezone you live. If you signed up and watch a custom lobby it should show you exactly that certain time, when the lobby starts (probably converted into your timezone if it´s not the same)

For me for example this lobby starts at 12:30 AM. Could I help you with that? :)

shaudy430

Qualified
Mar 14, 2013
Chapel Hill
When you signed up to HC, it asked you in what timezone you live. If you signed up and watch a custom lobby it should show you exactly that certain time, when the lobby starts (probably converted into your timezone if it´s not the same)

For me for example this lobby starts at 12:30 AM. Could I help you with that? :)

Perhaps it only happened the first few days. I'm guessing that it won't be an issue any more.

Missed the last lobby. can't wait to test some new stuff.

New Free roam Flood map to test: Aquarillum. I plan on using either Plague or TBW v2 edit by REMkings.
Pics:
View attachment 9113 View attachment 9114 View attachment 9115 View attachment 9116 View attachment 9117
5 ordinance draws the player into an area where hidden weapons can be found. Flood spawn above. Oops Pow Surprise!

Yes this is a EST based lobby that uses U.S. day lights savings time. Based on the location in your bio (Chapel Hill) I assume your in the U.K.. Using a time zone calculator that accounts for the use of daylights savings time for U.S (Michigan) and U.K. (London) this lobby should go off at 11:30 pm your time. Below I have included an article that should help explain this problem (I assume you already know this though) I have also included a time zone calculator that will account for daylights savings time, during any part of the year. Make sure to use locations, and it will yield the correct results.

Article: http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html
Time Calculator: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
When using the calculator my location is (Lansing, Michigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.