Lobby Recap Weekly Wednesday Wustoms #03 Recap

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
WWW03Recap_zpse918318f.png
Wustoms on Wednesday every Week. This was the largest party thus far, and certainly the loudest. It seems we're moving on up in the world. Anyway...​
Hot Potato on Hot Potato v2 (Hurry Dashboard)
I think those of you following these has seen enough of my parties playing Hot Potato that I'm going to just show you a nice picture of the proceedings. Suffice to say, we played this almost as much as Mandingotaur (which you can totes download soon).​
WWW03 01 - Hot Potato 01.png
Yes. Quite cool inde-
WWW03 01 - Hot Potato 02.png
What is that in the distance?
WWW03 01 - Hot Potato 03.png
Is it what I think it is?
WWW03 01 - Hot Potato 04.png
It is, it is what I think it is! A crooked-
WWW03 01 - Hot Potato 05.png
Absolutely nothing.
Mandingotaur on Lair of the Minitaur (TEETMARE and SargeantSarcasm)
So this is debuting this week, I think. It's a Peasant Hunt variant dreamt up by Titmar that relies on a tiny spartan gametype. You're about a fifth of the size and running for your life from the giant warthog that patrols the grid. We ended up playing two sets of games here, people seemed to like it.​
WWW03 02 - Mandingotaur 01.png
Diamond in the back, sun roof top, diggin' the scene with a gangsta lean.
WWW03 02 - Mandingotaur 02.png
You really need to change your perspective on things, Hubert.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Circumvention v1.1 on Orbital 1.1

Very fun, but pretty damn hard. Apparently Master Debaytes is damn good at this, but Iris Sama raped my entire team. I think we barely managed to get 2/3rds of the red team's score, and unlike Grifball, I was barely able to hold onto the ball for more than a second. It was intense.

WWW03 03 - Circumvention 01.png
Red team was almost always together.
WWW03 03 - Circumvention 02.png
Abbey Road redux.
WWW03 03 - Circumvention 03.png
Remember how I mentioned Red team was almost always together? My team... see the difference?
WWW03 03 - Circumvention 04.png
Every time I grabbed the ball. Instant death. It was like playing Hot Potato.
WWW03 03 - Circumvention 05.png
And you can see why.
[sigh]Yeah[/sigh]
Tremors on Kevin Bacanyon (corduroyCHUCK and Xanon)
Way better than Tremors Deluxe, Tremors is very fun to play and much more challenging for the runners. Like the original, you can't just pass the ball across the map, you need to actually run the flag in. It doesn't help the runners any when veterans like myself and Chuck are on the ghosts either. (We killed everyone in almost 3 minutes).​
WWW03 04 - Tremors 01.png
I forget exactly why I took this, other than it looked cool.
WWW03 04 - Tremors 02.png
Yeah... he died. But the next guy jumped over both ghosts repeatedly and ran it in.

Upsy Daisy.
Chuck got owned so hard he's now a slave.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Boogeyman on Slender ()

I had one guy begging me the entire party to check out the game in his fileshare, which I was reluctant to do because he called it "Slender" which Chuck warned me to never play (lest I set a horrible horrible example for my future parties). I ultimately relented and tried it out for one match. It was okay, but the ultimate effect of the flood is exactly what Titmar and I wanted to capture on our future Peasant Hunt map, so that was a plus. Vindication as it were. Plus I got to go on a massacre.

WWW03 05 - Boogeyman #01.png
It looks quite cool.
WWW03 05 - Boogeyman #03.png
Literally half a second before the next picture. Look at the reach...
WWW03 05 - Boogeyman #02.png
The killcam even showed him looking off to the left. Needless to say, it was a little annoying.
WWW03 05 - Boogeyman #04.png
Mhmm. Crapped me pants.
Double Dutch on Jump Rope ()
Remake of Darth Human's map from Reach. Fun but it needs a human teleporter in front of the row of people to keep Flood from cheating and just rushing the people that can't move. It also had no time limit. Otherwise it's good.​
WWW03 07 - Double Dutch 01.png
It took several minutes for this guy to kill anyone. Unlike...
It took him... never. I ended the otherwise endless game.
Assassinations Only on Shadow Dwellers (King Ventura)
So, with a full party I decided to try this one again. While also fun, it got old as soon as I decided to try to break the map as follows...​
WWW03 08 - Assassinations Only 01.png
Hey guys, we should all get in a line...
WWW03 08 - Assassinations Only 02.png
Good idea.
Really good idea.
Prisoners of Door on North Doorea (camofo and corduroyCHUCK)
Not sure how much I can say about this one since I don't know if it's been "released" but I can say I successfully broke it with another one of my ideas.​
WWW03 09 - Prisoners of Door 05.png
Teamwork.
WWW03 09 - Prisoners of Door 01.png
Super teamwork.
WWW03 09 - Prisoners of Door 02.png
"Okay guys, you know how we all have regen? Let's all time it so that we constantly have health while they attack."
Then Chuck had to fix his map. Good times.​
GIF of the Week:
jrcj.gif

Reactions: Titmar

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
sorry sargie, but I cannot stand hot potato. Every time I play it the ball is thrown at me and immediately blows up before I can do anything. Four times in a row I was the first out, so I essentially had to just sit there and watch four games of hot potato. The other games you played aren't bad, though.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
There's actually a method to winning the game. Skill even (though minimal) since it's all about risk vs reward and trying to knock out players who know how to play it well by throwing the ball to them.

Typically you always want to rush to the center, pick up the ball, hold it for a few seconds, then go back to the center to gain control of the ball again when it respawns.

Unfortunately, all that said, Weekly Wednesday Wustoms are no more as I have a late night class on Wednesdays now. It may turn into Weekend Wustoms though.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
There's actually a method to winning the game. Skill even (though minimal) since it's all about risk vs reward and trying to knock out players who know how to play it well by throwing the ball to them.

Typically you always want to rush to the center, pick up the ball, hold it for a few seconds, then go back to the center to gain control of the ball again when it respawns.

Unfortunately, all that said, Weekly Wednesday Wustoms are no more as I have a late night class on Wednesdays now. It may turn into Weekend Wustoms though.
So if I grab the ball as it spawns, it won't blow up? Anyway, my method of playing the game, if I lived long enough, was to find the first person who died and empty my boltshot into his face while teabagging him. The ball would be thrown to me, and because at the time I didn't know how to throw back, I'd jump up and down pressing all the buttons at once trying to find out how. I would die with a few points, and I eventually had to ask someone how to throw the ball.