Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Not really...

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Its the power of the anonymous. When people figure out they can gloat and put down others without worry of getting hurt, they tend to get a little power mad. Transfer that ideal into a social media or reality, then you get in real trouble. There is a distinct difference between speaking your mind, and being a jerk.

I was merely curious. That is all. I don't tend to gloat.
Also, you can be jerk whilst speaking your mind. They aren't mutually exclusive.
Anyway, back to the weapon updates.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Its the power of the anonymous. When people figure out they can gloat and put down others without worry of getting hurt, they tend to get a little power mad. Transfer that ideal into a social media or reality, then you get in real trouble. There is a distinct difference between speaking your mind, and being a jerk.
I was being sarcastic.
There was no argument. First I cracked a little joke, then I started trash talking a bit (I do that all the time, and there isn't much wrong with it), then I made another joke with the "mr. betterthanallofyou" statement. There never was an argument. Nobody put anyone else down. Nobody was aimlessly raging. I don't get what you mean when you say we're in a flame war.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
I'm a bit surprised I didn't see a suppressor upgrade. The weapon is horrendous outside point-blank range, and by then you may as well use a boltshot. SAW upgrade seems unnecessary as well, but whatever.

I havent gotten to try it out yet, but the update looks promising. I'm sure I'll hop into a matchmaking game sometime this week and see what it's like.

i thought the suppressor had the same thing as the AR and storm rifle.
it kills in three less bullets

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I'm pretty sure "eh, what the hell" was the justification 343i used for the changes as well. You may like them, but the fact remains that they screwed a lot of people with this by turning the regular BTB maps into BTB Heavies maps. I used to love using the warthog and ghost on meltdown, Vortex, and Longbow, which is now going to be nearly impossible to do because of the sheer volume of heavy vehicles. They buffed the hog turret 35% only to make it entirely unusable in any of the maps.

In other words, Shoe is displeased.

I can get that, but I'm the kind of guy that loved BTB Heavies in Reach. I love the massive vehicular action, but I agree with the point about Warthogs, I have a class I spec'd out just to use that Warthog gun and now it's pretty much useless. But I am a bit frustrated at the Scorpion being off Exile and no Gauss Hog, it was so much fun. I got an Invincible in that turret, and I can't anymore. But I gotta admit, Vortex needed the improvement. It was my second to last choice (besides Settler...seriously, a BTB map without a decent vehicle track, a sniper or a heavy vehicle of any kind? COME ON) but now it's at my top with Ragnarok.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Vortex had a Wraith the whole time, and it was one of my favorite maps to use the hog on, especially the rocket hog. It took a little practice, but it certainly had a strong vehicle path. Plus snipers could be dropped in just like in ever other map, would barely matter if it had an initial drop one or not for most of the game.

I'm fine with the changes they made so long as there is a heavies variant and a normal one for each map. They can have their Gauss Hogs and Quadruple Shade Turret action so long as I can have normal BTB as well.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
It still hasnt changed my mind about Settler. God I hate that map with a passion hotter than the sun. Vortex got an amazing upgrade. The rocket hogs on Rag are alright but not really needed. It had a great balance of vehicals already.

As for the weapons I was never upset with how they performed in the first place. But the buffs to the BR and Carbine are great. They are deadlier than ever, and the automatic weapon buffes are definately welcome. I am an AR junky so thats more power to me. In any case, I wasnt feeling a need for things to change but the change (so far) has been good.

Oh and before I forget, they really need to get the damn Slayer Pro crap out of BTB. It seriously fucks up that playlist. Leave it in Team Slayer where it belongs.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I used to be the only storm rifle user in the game. Now there are so many others! That's the main thing about the update that bugs me. But maybe I'll be the first to achieve the Master commendation. Only 90 kills to go!

I like what they did with automatics, though. They're more accurate and do a bit more damage, but auto aim is reduced, so it takes more skill to use.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I used to be the only storm rifle user in the game. Now there are so many others! That's the main thing about the update that bugs me. But maybe I'll be the first to achieve the Master commendation. Only 90 kills to go!

I like what they did with automatics, though. They're more accurate and do a bit more damage, but auto aim is reduced, so it takes more skill to use.
I've had the storm rifle in my loadout since day 1 as well. I think more people used it than you expected.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I've had the storm rifle in my loadout since day 1 as well. I think more people used it than you expected.
Really?
I didn't really mean the only one, but there are so few of us compared to other weapon users. I'd stumble across the occasional user once every several games, and I'd have a bit of respect for him (unless he carried a DMR also), but most players who carry an automatic gun would use the assault rifle.
By the way, did you get the master commendation yet?

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Really?
I didn't really mean the only one, but there are so few of us compared to other weapon users. I'd stumble across the occasional user once every several games, and I'd have a bit of respect for him (unless he carried a DMR also), but most players who carry an automatic gun would use the assault rifle.
By the way, did you get the master commendation yet?
Nah, I'm in expert or something. I only have it in 1 load out currently. Only commendation I've maxed that I know of was mounted turret because of all the hogging duck, mock and I do. :)