• F CK YEA!!!

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Not really...

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Fiesty Fedora

Master
Jan 9, 2013
11-0, 12-1, 21-3, you know, the usual. And by the way, I expect you guys to address me as mr. betterthanallo'you.
Only if you call me Mr. Fedorawearinghalolovingwhoalsodislikescatsandisfondofdogsbutcantoleratecatsandisannoyedofincorrestgrammarandhisfavoritewordisthecolorticklemepink

alchemPyro

Qualified
Jan 17, 2013
Nevada
We've gone from asking a simple question about the weapon tuning, to a flame war over skill and superiority. Instead of fighting over game statistics, slap yourselves in real life and learn to chill out.

Reactions: xAudienceofone

SogenSamurai

Proficient
Jun 2, 2013
Personally I never had an issue doing work with the BR before, against DMRs included. But the new 4 shot does makes it more of a medium range weapon. It used to equal the DMR at medium-close range. Now the BR straight up owns a medium-close like it was supposed before the game even shipped out. On top of that, giving all the weapons a buff help keep the game from cascading on itself. It took too long to kill someone before, and it didn't match the pace of the game. Now it flows smoother. My only issue now is that I keep getting paired with selfish\incompetent teammates. I would like that to be fixed. I always end up taking on half the enemy team by myself because of that.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Personally I never had an issue doing work with the BR before, against DMRs included. But the new 4 shot does makes it more of a medium range weapon. It used to equal the DMR at medium-close range. Now the BR straight up owns a medium-close like it was supposed before the game even shipped out. On top of that, giving all the weapons a buff help keep the game from cascading on itself. It took too long to kill someone before, and it didn't match the pace of the game. Now it flows smoother. My only issue now is that I keep getting paired with selfish\incompetent teammates. I would like that to be fixed. I always end up taking on half the enemy team by myself because of that.

If you find a way to fix having to play online with idiots then you deserve a Nobel Prize.

In other news, the BTB Slayer playlist is now functionally BTB Heavies.

alchemPyro

Qualified
Jan 17, 2013
Nevada
Is... is that sarcasm? FYI I believe it's going from a 19SK to a 16SK, which means it's 48 round clip went from being able to kill like 2.5 players to being able to kill exactly 3 if you never miss or waste a round.
After testing out this detail, I came up with this: Having 3 less rounds translates into taking 2 less to lower shields, and taking 1 round less to kill on flesh. While not huge on paper, any experienced player can tell you that it can be the difference between life and death.

Reactions: ShockBolt21

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
After testing out this detail, I came up with this: Having 3 less rounds translates into taking 2 less to lower shields, and taking 1 round less to kill on flesh. While not huge on paper, any experienced player can tell you that it can be the difference between life and death.

It's pretty decent on paper if you present it the right way. Like 19% more bodies per clip or 16% more damage per shot. Anybody that's played an RPG knows how much of a difference 15-20% can make.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Love the weapon changes and map updates too! Vortex got AMAZING, Meltdown is still meh (but Gauss Hogs and FRC's are awesome), and Ragnarok really did not need a rocket hog, but eh, what the hell, amiright?
I still hate everyone who votes for BTB Slayer Pro in matchmaking. That shit is irritating.

iSpiteful

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
Dude the battle rifle probably has the most obvious change. It only takes me 4 shots to kill anyone now!

Minotaur

Proficient
Feb 10, 2013
The carbine is not only a viable option now but it destroys everything this update was long needed to making halo 4 a better game

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Love the weapon changes and map updates too! Vortex got AMAZING, Meltdown is still meh (but Gauss Hogs and FRC's are awesome), and Ragnarok really did not need a rocket hog, but eh, what the hell, amiright?
I still hate everyone who votes for BTB Slayer Pro in matchmaking. That shit is irritating.

I'm pretty sure "eh, what the hell" was the justification 343i used for the changes as well. You may like them, but the fact remains that they screwed a lot of people with this by turning the regular BTB maps into BTB Heavies maps. I used to love using the warthog and ghost on meltdown, Vortex, and Longbow, which is now going to be nearly impossible to do because of the sheer volume of heavy vehicles. They buffed the hog turret 35% only to make it entirely unusable in any of the maps.

In other words, Shoe is displeased.

Reactions: evergreen948

Fraw Lawk

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
Glad to see the BR ISN'T the OP precision rifle, because we now actually have different ways of playing the maps with all the weapons. I actually like the carbine a little bit more than BR just from the rapid fire IMO. I also still use the DMR because of its consistency compared to the LR even though the LR proves to be more dangerous when scoped in. But its unzoomed makes it not as great which makes up for it. All in all its a great update. Only people complain are the ones that think the BR isn't powerful enough lolwut.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
We've gone from asking a simple question about the weapon tuning, to a flame war over skill and superiority. Instead of fighting over game statistics, slap yourselves in real life and learn to chill out.
Yup, you're so right. It's escalated so quickly from a simple, harmless question to an intense and pointless argument over statistics. We're definitely the ones that need to chill out. People on the internet are such hotheaded idiots, aren't they?

alchemPyro

Qualified
Jan 17, 2013
Nevada
Yup, you're so right. It's escalated so quickly from a simple, harmless question to an intense and pointless argument over statistics. We're definitely the ones that need to chill out. People on the internet are such hotheaded idiots, aren't they?
Its the power of the anonymous. When people figure out they can gloat and put down others without worry of getting hurt, they tend to get a little power mad. Transfer that ideal into a social media or reality, then you get in real trouble. There is a distinct difference between speaking your mind, and being a jerk.