Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Not really...

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
So, just a little while ago, the long awaited weapon tuning update was released. What do you guys think of it? Love it? Hate it?
Discuss here.

Personally, I love the way the assault weapons handle (the AR is such a beast!), though the changes to the br aren't as apparent as I'd hoped.

You can find all the details regarding the update here

Juanez Sanchez

Proficient
May 30, 2013
Looking forward to it, haven't had a chance to test it yet as I am at work, but I can't wait to see what the BR is capable of now. Hopefully it can stand a little more alongside the DMR, but it's discouraging to see you think it's not much different. Did they increase or decrease it's ROF too?

Reactions: wrecklaw

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
I'm a bit surprised I didn't see a suppressor upgrade. The weapon is horrendous outside point-blank range, and by then you may as well use a boltshot. SAW upgrade seems unnecessary as well, but whatever.

I havent gotten to try it out yet, but the update looks promising. I'm sure I'll hop into a matchmaking game sometime this week and see what it's like.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I am interested to see how things turn out, though one thing still sticks out to me:

The warthog can't deal 35% more damage when it's got 8 plasma nades on it and it is EMP'd, so what has changed? :p
But seriously, even if that helps it still doesn't fix the root problem.

FRYMEN

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
I'm a bit surprised I didn't see a suppressor upgrade. The weapon is horrendous outside point-blank range, and by then you may as well use a boltshot. SAW upgrade seems unnecessary as well, but whatever.

I havent gotten to try it out yet, but the update looks promising. I'm sure I'll hop into a matchmaking game sometime this week and see what it's like.

Suppressor

• The Suppressor damage has been increased. The Suppressor now kills in three less rounds.
  • The Suppressor auto-aim angle has been reduced.
  • The Suppressor projectile spread has been decreased.
I'm not sure if this fit's into your definition of an upgrade or not, but I felt it was good to point out.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone

WhackyGordon

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I am interested to see how things turn out, though one thing still sticks out to me:

The warthog can't deal 35% more damage when it's got 8 plasma nades on it and it is EMP'd, so what has changed? :p
But seriously, even if that helps it still doesn't fix the root problem.

Well the whole load-out portion of the sandbox except the PP, nades, and the BS are getting buffed, so I'm hoping that puts more pressure on players who load-out with a PP. It is a dead giveaway on your location if people are paying attention, and the more powerful precision rifles have the potential to punish that player a little harder. I'm not saying the problem is solved, but I'm hoping it's improved by a few degrees. And the chaingun keeps firing when you're EMPed, right? So you'll at least be dealing 35% more damage for the duration of the grenade fuses lol

(I haven't tried it yet - and I'm moving right now so I don't know when I'll be able to :S)

Reactions: ShockBolt21

wrecklaw

Novice
May 28, 2013
Yay we finally have good weapons! Now what we need to go with them is more classic halo playlist or the weapon update will forever b hindered by ordinence and armor abilities that completely make this game unenjoyable.

alchemPyro

Qualified
Jan 17, 2013
Nevada
Played the weapon update just to get it into my recent history to download. It was the best game I played yet! There was fluid movement, a variety of weapons, and it took skill to get the kills. Even with a poor team, it only made me feel like a Spartan amongst Marines!

Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
Suppressor

• The Suppressor damage has been increased. The Suppressor now kills in three less rounds.
  • The Suppressor auto-aim angle has been reduced.
  • The Suppressor projectile spread has been decreased.
I'm not sure if this fit's into your definition of an upgrade or not, but I felt it was good to point out.
whoooo, three less rounds! wow! what an upgrade!