Lobby Recap THI Customs Recap 1st August 2013

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
image.jpg

THI Customs Recap

In the lobby we tested and showcased the community maps submitted to THI and Colony By Flying Shoe ILR which is spectacular. We played 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 Slayer on Novus by Zandril, then we helped test Tip Toe at a community request. Following that and some gold player confusion we moved on to a Race map, yes Race, we played Subriguous Abyss by 0IAH, it was close by there had to be a winner. With all them out the way we then moved on to Forbidden, an Invasion/ Conversion map by AbandonedCashew, after a couple of rounds we finished with Colony at community request and something spectacular happened in the final game to finish the lobby, but I will get to that later on.

Map: Novus by Zandril
image.jpg

This is an excellent map which is well balanced and it seemed at the start that gameplay centred towards the middle but as the first to 400 game developed it started to spread to all parts of the map. Working as a team and being playing tactically prevailed in the end as the Blue team (Level 130) came out on top 400-240.
image.jpg

Making a comeback with the same teams and additional players we had a rematch. This was much closer and despite a small issue which has now been fixed(see image below) it was a very competitive and closely fought and it ended 380-400 to the REDS.
image.jpg

Map: Subriguous Abyss by 0IAH
What else can you about it besides its a race map with checkpoints that goes both under and above the water. Amazing jumps and free falls are perfectly combined and mixed to work most of the time with the occasional human error. It was a close race with everyone on the final lap and neck and neck racing on a single wide. Those crazy trees cost me the win and I finished 3rd but excluding that the best part has to be this.
image.jpg

Map: Forbidden by AbandonedCashew

Conversion. Invasion. take your pick. We played conversion on it by request and my my what a map. Balanced sight lines, intense BR, DMR battles. The extraction points going back and forth between the teams as defence and attackers clashed over the control. Eventually progression led to the blues leading 2-1 going into the reverse rounds. The reds took Alpha fairly quickly and then the rocket hog, took over the control of Bravo, once removed it was a simple job for the blues to take Bravo. Giving them that unassailable 3-2 lead. Just over 2 minutes were left to claim Charlie. The blue immediately took its control from the reds and from there controlled the ground around it. With the game finishing 4-2 to the blues. Well played, well forged, excellent map. Below is Alpha and Bravo
image.jpg
image.jpg

Map: Colony by Flying Shoe ILR

Well you have probably heard it before. Great map to go with the great gametype. I am sure if you haven't played, you don't know what it's like. Very closely fought where in the end of the game 1 second remained on the clock when Bravo was finally taken by the reds to bring their dignity back up after a mauling by the Blue team. Final score 4-1 but it was intense and competitive, what more do you want me to say.
image.jpg

Till next time guys, don't forget to submit your maps if you want to see them featured in our next recap.

Our Links

Homepage: http://halocustoms.com/threads/thehaloinfection.10715/
Map Submission Thread: http://halocustoms.com/threads/thi-map-submission-thread.11562/
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloInfections
The Custom Games: http://halocustoms.com/threads/thi-competition-the-custom-games.11949/

Finally we are one group based around a community with a promise: To bring you community maps.
But we cannot do this without You.

Thanks for your attention and we hope you to see you in a lobby soon.
THI

AzureXPD

Adept
Feb 8, 2013
Herefordshire, Britain
Okay. Destitution, maybe the stadium flood map? Then the tank map and I'm thinking evacuation halo if its any good...I like the look of it on here but need to play it. I have a few I want to feature. When searching for maps, I will consider anything uploaded on here complete and viable for featuring. Submission maps need to be uploaded on here also.