The Walking Dead Creators Have Visions of Halo

WOZjd.png

Telltale Game's The Walking Dead received much critical acclaim throughout games awards season, including Spike TV's coveted Game of the Year. TWD Game is an emotional, artistic, episodic adventure where the choices you make in-game have ripple effects on the world and your comrades throughout the rest of the entire season. Telltale Games is a seasoned veteran when it comes to episodic tales, having developed series based on both Back to the Future and Wallace & Gromit, to name just 2 of many. Currently, they are in the early stages of developing season 2 of TWD. But they have their eyes on some sweet prizes down the road.

In an interview on Red Bull's website, of all places, they dropped a juicy tidbit about what they'd like to do after they are done with TWD.
Connors is keeping tight lipped about what we can expect for Everett and the cast in season two, but he's open about what else he'd like Telltale to do next, and he's thinking big.

"Coming from LucasArts we always felt we could do a great Star Wars story game," he says. "We also love the idea of building out a deeper story to a great game franchise, something like Half Life Stories or Halo Stories."

343 Industries has a pretty firm headlock on all things Halo, but they have been known to outsource their work to other studios before (Certain Affinity developing Forge, for instance), so it wouldn't be entirely out of the question. A long shot, sure, but a guy's gotta dream, right?! RIGHT?!

Reactions: Titmar
From what I've heard about what they did with TWD, I'd loooove to see them take on either Halo or Star Wars...

I can totally imagine a sick infection-style game that's far more terrifying than the flood levels in Halo 2, and it would be amazing
Though, as a Star Wars nerd, I have to think about all the possibilities they could offer the game series. I was HUGE into Jedi Knight III (Jedi Academy), a sequel would be fantastic. KOTOR1 was arguably one the best games ever made and KOTOR2 is a well-known failure due to deadlines (great game until suddenly it turns into boss battle after boss battle, and all the subtleties and sidequests get tossed aside); KOTOR3 with the right direction would be amazing. Of course, Battlefront III is another game they could take on and definitely kill it doing that. There have been so many Star Wars games with so much potential, I'd love to see them pick up anything and make a game that lives up to what it could have been with that incredible of a universe to work off of. Halo's universe is pretty damn good, too!